• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
So it's not just me, I was looking at them and going "Geeze, weren't a lot of these fanservice? Nah I'm just being biased," guess not. Anyway, not my cup of tea but I am curious to see Rideback. Even though I've heard from several people that the plot wasn't as good as it could be the concept sounds pretty different and with good visuals that's enough for me.
archaron

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is great news that Rosario+Vampire got licensed and with so many other great new shows getting dubbed my only problem will be stashing away enough money to buy some of them. Very Happy
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:

I won't be listening to the dub tracks so I have no comments on those. I really hope Funimation gives us decent video quality with these DVDs. My Le Chevalier d'Eon complete collection looked awful. Might as well have been a 5 year old YouTube stream.

Higher bit rate please. No 6 - 7 episodes on a disc with surround sound audio tracks AND extras. That's just too much for a single DVD.
You should have got the ADV dvds of that show.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
Awesome! Since it's Funimation, we can hope for a great dub :)

Really?

ANN should have mentioned the other titles in the headline, also. I almost skipped over it after seeing the three titles in the big font. Of those three, I've only seen a handful of episodes of R+V, and I found it to be a pretty terrible show. I watched all of Rideback, enjoyed most of it, and even bought the first two Japanese Blu-Rays, so I'll get it if Funi can produce a decent BD release (of which I'm not too hopeful).

Anything else might get a look when streamed, but definitely won't get a blind-buy.
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
..... Funimation your the best and that is all there is too it. You're my Hero. Very Happy

Also, did anyone else notice that Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom is not actually licensed by Funimation, just the video stream is licensed, I'm sad about that, I would like to see it dubbed. It seems like my type of show too.

Phantom will be released on DVD (with a dub...as always). We just haven't announced the cast or a release date yet.

Lance
Your Friendly Neighborhood FUNimation Marketing Director Guy
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
neat even though I'm not much of an ecchi fan I enjoyed Sora no Otoshimono (sp?). Also Hell yes for Chaos;Head and Regios I haven't seen Rideback yet I did hear some good things about it. I'm glad they are dubbing Hime, but I'm more interested in Phantom ~Requiem of the Phantom getting a dub since they had it for almost two years now.
darksharingan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Rosario+Vampire?! I am so happy about that! Since it's FUNimation they'll definitely do a great job.

Although...I am a bit worried about Mizore's song, Snow Storm. Can they pull that off and make the English version sound as good as the Japanese version? I hope they do and if they can't then they may as well not translate it.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Just Rideback and GunxSword for me.
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
neat even though I'm not much of an ecchi fan I enjoyed Sora no Otoshimono (sp?). Also Hell yes for Chaos;Head and Regios I haven't seen Rideback yet I did hear some good things about it. I'm glad they are dubbing Hime, but I'm more interested in Phantom ~Requiem of the Phantom getting a dub since they had it for almost two years now.

Phantom came out last year.

Last edited by Eivion on Sat May 15, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, there's actually a company rep in the thread, nice.

Anyway, I'm totally stoked for Regios (I wish the novels would get translated, I want more of the story!). I generally don't watch dubs, but one thing I'd actually request would be to leave the Legend of Regios scenes intact. I think losing the Engrish (as horrible as it is, most of the time) would totally change the perspective of the scenes.
zcooldoc

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote
great news!

i really can not wait for the Eden of the East! as for the rest of the shows not really my cup of tea ( well maybe Casshern Sins i will check that one out)
well what happened to xxxholic and darker than black season 2? i was hopping they will get them especially that they already got season 1 of them both.

also what about the amazing show ( well in my humble opinion) Xamd's lost memories?? i really want it dubbed

so funi if you are reading this hint hint Wink

ciao
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Gun X Sword getting a new lease on life. As one of the last titles Geneon completely released prior to September 2007, I'm surprised it wasn't included in the distribution deal with the other titles. It's a decent show, and it definitely has Code Geass vibes, for better or worse. Some parts foreshadow the ridiculous overdramatic excesses of Code Geass R2. As an added bonus, it has a pretty good dub from New Generation Pictures.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
ZenErik wrote:

I won't be listening to the dub tracks so I have no comments on those. I really hope Funimation gives us decent video quality with these DVDs. My Le Chevalier d'Eon complete collection looked awful. Might as well have been a 5 year old YouTube stream.

Higher bit rate please. No 6 - 7 episodes on a disc with surround sound audio tracks AND extras. That's just too much for a single DVD.
You should have got the ADV dvds of that show.

My thoughts exactly. They are on their way.

I got rid of my Funimation DVDs for Air, Le Chevalier d'Eon, Gankutsuou, Kanon, and Last Exile and ordered the original ADV and Geneon sets. Smile

I'm expecting a bump in quality for Le Chevalier d'Eon and maybe Air. It would be nice if they all ended up having nicer video quality.

Last edited by ZenErik on Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I cannot wait for rosario vampire, I have seem both seasons, and prefer the first, but I will get both to have a complete set. I will get chaos head, and rideback,

but I am still disapointed they passed on toradora, would have been nice to get an english dub of it for my girlfriend, she will not watch suntitled only shows
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
This is some great news isn't it is what I would being saying if it wasn't for the fact that Funimation keeps licensing mediocre shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 13