• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires Bamboo Blade, Druaga, Dragonaut

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Eh this was a package deal right? I mean the ones you really wanted are the ones you're announcing next week right? Bamboo Blade is fine and I guess Blassreiter has it's fans but Dragonaut?

"Why the hell do they have all the Gonzo x BOST titles except for Strike Witches?"

Because no one is touching Strike Witches with a 100 foot pole.

Wonder why? If it's like kodomo no jikan,i would understand even though i would definately like that fanservice. At least Bamboo Blade was licensed.

Hope others come to the US like Strike Witches,Kodomo no Jikan,Shakugan no Shana 2 and movie,Zero no Tsukaima 2 and 3 and it's OVA. Not to mentioned Nanoha Strikers as well as it's Movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
LordRedhand wrote:
Actually you'd be surprised, pretty much that's how me and my friends treat Appleseed, and the Superfriends seasons. So bad it's funny.

Did you pay $60 to point and laugh?

Quote:
No Strike Witches Crying or Very sad ? First emoticon I've used on these forums to the best of my knowledge. Yes, I am sad. I liked Strike Witches(dang proud of it, too) and would buy it in a heart beat...and if the Japanese extras were included I would probably buy my first ever limited edition(s)/artbox(es).

Only way that's getting licensed is if they're helping the government find pedophiles and they arrest everyone who buys a copy.
musashi1600

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Bamboo Blade? These shows are getting licensed faster than I can watch them. >_>;;
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
musashi1600 wrote:
Bamboo Blade? These shows are getting licensed faster than I can watch them. >_>;;

That isn't a bad thing, not a bad thing at all.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Gonzo is Failing in Japan. They had to fire 100 people so I am willing to bet that FUNimation will get all there stuff, Strike witches was epic but I don't think Any company will have the guts to puck that up, that will be like picking up Kodomo No Jikan, and we all know that will never come over here, Loli's in Questionable situations stay in japan.
(I'd buy them both on day one *Hides face in shame*)

To Lance.

Dude if one of those I named will be Licensed next week 1

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei < I'll Die of Epic happiness
Sumomo Momomo < I'll Die of epicness
Clannad gets taken away from ADV Films < I'll Die of Epic Joy
Seto No Hanyome < I'll live but will be in a coma.
When They Cry 2 < ill be happy
Hell Girl 2 and 3 < Yay
Shana 2 < Yay
Rosario + Vampire 1 and 2 < I'll buy day 1 (well they all are day 1 purchases)

So Just know i could possibly be dead next Week.

Last edited by Mario1234567 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
ADV already printed Clannad. You can pre order it it's coming out in 2 weeks. (not that I'll be buying that) but if they get SZS I would be completely happy. I would also say though that they would really have to get better at translating text to handle a show like that.

Yeah Gonzo is falling. Funimation might have to lend them some of their staff to keep going.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ADV already printed Clannad.

That doesn't mean we can't hope it gets ganked and dubbed anyway!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
While I much prefer that shows have dubs I also like ADV so while I don't like Clannad or the fact that it doesn't have a dub if it helps them out of the whole they're in fine.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
LordRedhand wrote:
Actually you'd be surprised, pretty much that's how me and my friends treat Appleseed, and the Superfriends seasons. So bad it's funny.

Did you pay $60 to point and laugh?

Actually not with Appleseed, sorely disappointed when I initially got it for $20, but we can watch it now an laugh and laugh.

And Superfriends was the same price, but then again I knew that one would be comedic gold for me.

Last edited by LordRedhand on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote
ADV already printed Clannad. You can pre order it it's coming out in 2 weeks. (not that I'll be buying that) but if they get SZS I would be completely happy. I would also say though that they would really have to get better at translating text to handle a show like that.

Yeah Gonzo is falling. Funimation might have to lend them some of their staff to keep going.

Preorder, hell i already have a copy, why not a bit of kindness to the little guys any more. Funi is slowly becomeing funisoft of anime, and that isn't good for us fans. I only hope ADV picks back up soon, and that bandai gets a few nice titles on their slate (in addition to the usual sunrise inhouse fair) Or better yet i'd like to see Geneon come back as a producer.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
YES! Anime hyper Someone finally picked up Druaga. Awesome.

I'm also excited for Bamboo Blade. I watched the first couple of episodes a while back. I never continued, but it was decently entertaining. I'm much more interested in watching the show now that it will be available in English.

Can't wait for the forthcoming announcements next week.

Last edited by Jedi General on Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, Dragonaut wasn't even worth watching for free. Good luck FUNi, no one's going to buy that unless it's like $9.99. It was the PRIME example of the terrible shows that GONZO had been producing lately. Maybe the only other one that got close was Getsumen to Heiki Mina, but even that one was somewhat tolerable.

Druaga on the other hand, is pretty fun. The main problem here is putting out too much anime, when it's not all stellar stuff, will probably hurt you.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
still no zetsubou sensei...

I'm in despair from lack of despair!

but, hey, Druaga is fine for now
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Honestly if ADV were in the condition they were in 05 I would only want them handling Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Toradora. They aren't though and I'm not sure if they could get the titles and treat them properly. They did have Air and Kanon first though so it was only natural for them to get Clannad and I hope it helps them.

Right now while Funimation may be starting to look like a monopoly they are the best we have, and they have gotten better over time. Viz can't handle anything that isn't a huge shounen title properly, Bandai's prices can be crazy at times, TRSI is way too niche, MB and CPM haven't done much in quite a while. So who else is there? I think funimation has been a huge help in sustaining the industry for a while now.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No Strike Witches Crying or Very sad ? First emoticon I've used on these forums to the best of my knowledge. Yes, I am sad. I liked Strike Witches(dang proud of it, too) and would buy it in a heart beat...and if the Japanese extras were included I would probably buy my first ever limited edition(s)/artbox(es).

Only way that's getting licensed is if they're helping the government find pedophiles and they arrest everyone who buys a copy.

I'm fairly certain that not everyone who enjoys Strike Witches is a pedophile. Are there some out? Probably. Though why they went with Strike Witches and not something like The Story of Little Monica (think that's it) is rather beyond me. Granted I'm not entirely sure why the actual buying of it would be arrest worthy given the whole fictitious aspect of it all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17