• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Soulja Boy Walks Red Carpet at New Fullmetal Alchemist Film's L.A. Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Soulja Boy's music sucks but as long that he is kept away from a potential live action film soundtrack of any live action anime adaptation, then it's all good.

He should do a virtual OP collaboration with the iDOLM@STER people if they ever do a movie. They can sing, then before the bridge anime Soulja Boy comes out and drops an 8 bar verse on em, grinds on Miki during the performance, then exits.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Lycosyncer wrote:
Soulja Boy's music sucks but as long that he is kept away from a potential live action film soundtrack of any live action anime adaptation, then it's all good.

He should do a virtual OP collaboration with the iDOLM@STER people if they ever do a movie. They can sing, then before the bridge anime Soulja Boy comes out and drops an 8 bar verse on em, grinds on Miki during the performance, then exits.

I'm not a musician, but that reminds me a Japanese once asked, if anyone ever noticed that the majority of Japanese tunes and most of the big hits are the same recipe of chords -- C G Am Em F C F G or Am F G C -- and that's why most foreigners think those all sound the same. Laughing
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

I don't think Gakt and Masi Oka really counts. And asides from like, Dragonball, most of them are pretty mainstream animes that even most people who don't know what anime is wi-HOLY WTF HULK HOGAN LIKES POKEMAN ONE PIECE AND KINNIKUMAN?!

That one honestly looks like trolling to me. Especially since it's someone like Hulk.

Also, is Hayley Williams really considered a celebrity? I've never heard of her before.

As I said, this is the best I could find. I found this from animevice.com. I'm not trolling I'm just saying how Souja Boy liking anime any different from Robin William, Megan Fox, and any other celebs liking anime. Well sorry if you've never heard of Hayley Williams, she's not as big as singers like Justin Bieber, or Taylor Swift. Mainstream anime?? If you look at the list, I don't remember Love Hina being mainstream because it was never broadcasted on American TV, Neither Golden Boy, neither Initial D nor Slayers, they were never broadcasted on TV. So some of these celebs must have seen anime by other mean, you don't need TV to see anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4