• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Lists Media Blasters as Dissolved as of April 2011

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
Maybe they could hire agila61, who through our post got it right quickly...

Oh goodness, no. If ANN hires this one, I'm staging a revolt.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:01 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Saffire wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:
Yes Chris who was with AnimeOnDVD who had also tried to contact me in the past about this story as he tweeted.

I see. You've been busy unpacking and organizing the new suite and therefore just emaling John S. & waiting for email would have anwsered MacDonald's inquiry.

Problem solved.

BTW, Mr. John S, Chris Beveridge left AnimeOnDVD a year ago. He now runs TheFandomPost. He can be easily contacted there.
Seriously, read the thread and stop trying to force an incorrect interpretation of events. Your insistence that something is happening that John said outright is not true is baffling.

He is completely delusional at most times and has been banned at time from various forums for spreading rumors and outright lies, often falsely sourcing voice actors or anime producers that never coaberate his stories. No matter how many times he is corrected, he will keep insisting that his fairy tales are true.

Have you ever heard of the word "Misunderstanding"? Pacifist like Mania have this idea that people that misunderstand certain reports or take them out of context should be crucified.

Didn't John S. state in another post that he's been in NJ recently?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
i knew this was going to happen one way or the other. I will miss media blasters but it's time for them to go. I just hope some companies are able to pick up their licenses.

Let's give Mr. Sirabella the benefit of the doubt and assume that everything he says is true. If that's the case, then this whole ordeal does not signal the end of Media Blasters.

It's not yet time to write their obituary and say "I saw this coming."

-t

i am coming from personal experience on this however saying that my queens blade and kite dvd's are canceled "well now i know they where pushed back". If anything we need to pump so money into that company and I know this will affect the streams on crunchy-roll with queens blade, ramen fighter, girls high, kankon, kite liberator etc. I am not hoping they die out completely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Saffire wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:
Yes Chris who was with AnimeOnDVD who had also tried to contact me in the past about this story as he tweeted.

I see. You've been busy unpacking and organizing the new suite and therefore just emaling John S. & waiting for email would have anwsered MacDonald's inquiry.

Problem solved.

BTW, Mr. John S, Chris Beveridge left AnimeOnDVD a year ago. He now runs TheFandomPost. He can be easily contacted there.
Seriously, read the thread and stop trying to force an incorrect interpretation of events. Your insistence that something is happening that John said outright is not true is baffling.

He is completely delusional at most times and has been banned at time from various forums for spreading rumors and outright lies, often falsely sourcing voice actors or anime producers that never coaberate his stories. No matter how many times he is corrected, he will keep insisting that his fairy tales are true.

Have you ever heard of the word "Misunderstanding"? Pacifist like Mania have this idea that people that misunderstand certain reports or take them out of context should be crucified.

Didn't John S. state in another post that he's been in NJ recently?

He said he was at their Fever Dreams office, which is being built. The fact that he stated he "was in NJ" clearly indicates that he is no longer there.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
Freaking out? You do not get it, do you?

MB is not just faceless company, MB is like a child to me. I go to the cons, I speak with fans and have been since 1996.

So yes I take it personal...

One day when you have something you love and care for that much and someone does something like this to it and not even given a chance to respond, you will understand.

But in the end I do need to move on and just keep releasing and going forward.

You know, for someone that is representing a company, you're making yourself and the company look bad. This freaking out and stuff in the forum and arguing with the ANN CEO is very unprofessional.

Now hear me out on this. I am happy that your company isn't shutting down like other companies did and I'm glad things got cleared up, but once all was said and done you (and everyone else) should've stopped right there before making it a bigger deal than it was. Instead of arguing with the ANN CEO, you COULD be going to fix the problem and get things straightened out. But no, you're spending time on here getting mad and making a situation bigger than it already was.

If I was running a company, and I was in the same situation as you right now, I would be scrambling to fix the issue and get things straightened out. Sure, I'd be panicked and frustrated that I let it happen and I would be trying to stop rumours and stuff from happening, but I wouldn't be freaking out and acting like a childish person in the forums - especially where everyone can read your posts.

I respect your company and I'm happy with the work you did for Rurouni Kenshin and was looking forward to seeing if whether or not you will dub the OVAs and the live action movie that Japan has released/been releasing lately. Please keep up the good work, and try to be a little more professional, ok? I don't want people to think badly of you because of the way you're acting.

That is all I have to say on the subject. Good day, all.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Kite nor queens blade is cancelled. I just saw the transfer of it.

As for the "unprofessional" remarks, we have been fixing it. But you wouldn't have known that by the report on the front page.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaster wrote:

Yeah, that's a downside ~ if ANN hired me, I'd have to be nicer to you even when you post BS.

blaster wrote:
Kite nor queens blade is cancelled. I just saw the transfer of it. ...

I hope Queens Blade does barnstorming business, since I've got a chance I may have more work next term (not, AFAIK, with ANN) and there's a few MB titles I'll want to be buying if I do.

Last edited by agila61 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
FMABleach

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
As for the "unprofessional" remarks, we have been fixing it. But you wouldn't have known that by the report on the front page.

That's good to hear. I'm glad you're already on it. Good luck and hope it all works out in the end (I'm sure it will of course). Very Happy

Actually, I may have overlooked the part where it said you were fixing it, sorry. That was my mistake. ^^;;;

agila61 wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
blaster wrote:

Yeah, that's a downside ~ if ANN hired me, I'd have to be nicer to you even when you post BS.

The good thing is though, you seem well informed about things and you seem up to date with stuff. Yeah, you would have to be nice if you were promoted as staff (it sucks being staff, trust me, I've been staff on a few sites). But at least it would take a load off the other staff members' backs if you were included (but then again they probably are informed as much as you are right?)
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't Media Blasters just move everything to Texas instead? You'll have a much lower cost of operations compared to the extremely high tax rate in New York and relatively high in New England.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
If they could have contacted me and got the right information, the story would not be simply a defamation on MB but instead an explanation of the paper and actions we are taking.

Okay man, whatever. They obviously did try to contact you though. It sucks that you weren't able to give your explanation but that's clearly on you for not checking your voicemail (and Vidal for being completely incommunicado).
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
blaster wrote:
If they could have contacted me and got the right information, the story would not be simply a defamation on MB but instead an explanation of the paper and actions we are taking.

Okay man, whatever. They obviously did try to contact you though. It sucks that you weren't able to give your explanation but that's clearly on you for not checking your voicemail (and Vidal for being completely incommunicado).

Well, in all honesty, we don't know that he didn't check his voice mail for certain. We also don't know for certain if ANN actually left them. It's all he said, she said or I guess he said, he said. None of us were actually there, so we can't say one way or the other with no doubt.

I think everyone is blowing this a little out of proportion.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Why doesn't Media Blasters just move everything to Texas instead? You'll have a much lower cost of operations compared to the extremely high tax rate in New York and relatively high in New England.

And the nation's highest poverty rate and some of the lowest education scores to go with it. Wink
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Wait, isn't New Jersey "Corporation Friendly?" Alot of businesses seem to be based out of that state.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Eh, I don't think I'd like to see that... east coast dub talent is already underrepresented enough as it is is! Them moving down to Texas would probably mean either drawing from the Sentai/Funimation pool or some much newer pool of talent altogether... don't want to hear the regulars even more regularly, now.

Yeah, I realize this might be a little selfish of me. :p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

Eh, I don't think I'd like to see that... east coast dub talent is already underrepresented enough as it is is! Them moving down to Texas would probably mean either drawing from the Sentai/Funimation pool or some much newer pool of talent altogether... don't ewant to hear the regulars even more regularly.

Yeah, I realize this might be a little selfish of me. :p

Moving that far across the country would be pretty expensive for a company like MB anyway. It just wouldn't be practical, especially given the state of the North American home video market. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 14