• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spring Season 2009 -- what are you excited for?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Ok, all... Let's drop the FMA debate for now. You're more than welcome to start a new thread for a "should there be vs. should there not be a FMA 2" debate, but let's get back to the topic at hand here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Hatsukoi Limited - I've read the first volume of the manga and it genuinely cracked me up. It's a school romance title, but not a harem title (I'm really tired of those) and they actually do some clever things. One of the pairings spoiler[a quiet, reserved girl and monstrous, though misunderstood, brawler] just gets me every time.

Not to ruin it to you, but spoiler[that's not really a pairing, and it ends up failing]

I might check out Hatsukoi, but I was left unimpressed by the manga, particularly as compared to Ichigo 100% It was too short, and with too many characters for that length to develop them properly. The "main heroine" actually gets very little screentime.

I will watch FMA, just for the heck of it. Bash me as you will, but I liked both the anime and the manga in their own right, and will probably enjoy this one as well. If they pull off the ending as epically (is that even a word?) as in the manga, then it's all I need. It's probably going to be difficult for them to fail when working with such great material, well, unless they turn it into some kind of ridiculous shounen action series.

Shangri-La, looks like a great concept, and an interesting setting. May be either great, or yeat another Gonzo fail, like Dragonaut.

Eden of the East looks great. Definitely checking that out.

Phantom looks intriguing as well. My only hope is that they don't overload it with Engrish dialoogues.

Senjou no Valkyria - some alternative history stuff is always good, I enjoyed Allison&Lilia, so might as well try it. As long as it doesn't end up being too cliched, could be pretty good.

Pandora Hearts looks like something to watch if I find myself bored. It could be good, but something about the description makes me suspicious of mediocrity, and I usually have a good intuition for that ^___^

Rainbow Nisha - looks like a great concept. If it ends up being as dark and thoughtful as the description seems to be, it will be just the show for me.

That being said, the spring seems to be much less exciting than winter. Also, why is Spice&Wolf listed under OVA? I thought it was getting a full season?
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Ausdoerrt wrote:
Rainbow Nisha - looks like a great concept. If it ends up being as dark and thoughtful as the description seems to be, it will be just the show for me.

Still no date on this, no update since it got announced for Spring ages ago... one has to wonder if it's even airing....

Quote:
That being said, the spring seems to be much less exciting than winter. Also, why is Spice&Wolf listed under OVA? I thought it was getting a full season?

Eh winter was weak as usual... it's generally the weakest season each year... and Spice and Wolf is listed under OVA because Episode 0 is being released on DVD... the tv season starts in Summer.. which looks pretty decent as a season actually at this stage.

And yeah Hatsukoi was fail.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Ausdoerrt wrote:

I think that this spring is a lot better than winter was. Winter didn't really have much that sparked my interest. But the spring line up looks quite promising. There are quite a few series that I'm really looking forward to, and hope that they come through for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedLeader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote
Hmph. I see I'm the only one excited about Shin Mazinger... :\ Meh. Well, at least one of you put your hand up for Cobra, so that's good, at least. ... Hey, wait... Isn't there supposed to be a new Gundam too? A UC Gundam?
Ausdoerrt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:

I think that this spring is a lot better than winter was. Winter didn't really have much that sparked my interest. But the spring line up looks quite promising. There are quite a few series that I'm really looking forward to, and hope that they come through for me.

I guess we'll see once the shows finally air. But, while most shows in winter I found to be trash (I only really have time to watch the very best), 4 shows are still on my watching list, and they are the shows I am looking forward to every week. This is pretty good, compared to 2 shows of the fall season before that.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
too bad skip beat season 2 has not been announced for this spring I really hope they don't sit around for a year or two before making a second season because the anime industry has a really bad habit of letting dust gather on great work then they get upset the original following has dried up by the time they do get rolling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5