• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madman To Release Card Captor Sakura and Rozen Maiden Overture

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringking

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
slykura wrote:
If fans would like to see a dub only cardcaptors release however we would be happy to entertain it should rights and enough people want this to be released.

Since this has been put on the table, I would just like to register my interest in this idea assuming that the dub used was the Nelvana dub that aired on TV.
shadee88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
shadee88 wrote:
Tell that to dragon ball that has 7-8 different English Dubs.
(Harmony Gold, Blue Water, Ocean, Funimation, Animax, Saban, Filipino, Singapore?)
Close, except Saban didn't do a dub (they hired Ocean), and Singapore I believe didn't dub anything (it was in the Philippines).

But yeah, it's certainly a record setter in the amount of times its been dubbed. They beat that horse in many different ways.

shadee88 wrote:
Sailor Moon? A pipe dream of yours that will never come true. Naoko Tacheuki strictly doesn't want anyone to touch it.
That may change one day, especially with the new series starting next year. The series also did get a revival on TV in a number of countries over the last 2 years, unfortunately none of them were English native. But hey, you never know right? Wink

shadee88 wrote:
Samurai Pizza Cats? Where do u get that idea that its a pipe dream?
That was my error, I completely forgot that it got licensed recently (finally). But you get the gist of what Sly was talking about.

shadee88 wrote:
What about any company broadcasting?
It would be put into the contract which countries and networks could broadcast it.
But as Sly said, Animax only signed off for South East Asia broadcast territories, so outside of those, no go.

shadee88 wrote:
What about Sony themselves using it again (DVD, etc.)?
Still counts as video distribution, so Sony would have to re-do the contracts just like Madman would have to.

shadee88 wrote:
Also, both Cartoon Network India and Animax had the rights to Cardcaptor at the same time? I think? How come CN India aired Nelvana Dub instead of Animax Dub?
Likely because CN in America chose to use the Nelvana Dub (as it was the only one around at the time), so it was already paid for, edited, and ready to be shown on their networks elsewhere without drama.

"That was my error, I completely forgot that it got licensed recently (finally). But you get the gist of what Sly was talking about. "

I got it. "thumbsup"

"Still counts as video distribution, so Sony would have to re-do the contracts just like Madman would have to."

Why? It's their own dub, they can do whatever they want with it.

Then explain, why Crackle.com was able to get streaming rights to Humanoid Monster Bem (Animax Dub), LaMB (Animax Dub), and Nodame Cantabile (Animax Dub???)?

_____

I can list all voice actors. Madman can try contacting Animax and ask them which voice actors did what?

Darren PLEAVIN

Cast in:
(Animax Dubbed English version)

Emma: A Victorian Romance (TV) as William Jones (Animax dub)
Getbackers (TV) as Ginji Amano (Animax Dub)
Inuyasha (TV) as InuYasha (Animax)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (TV) as Judau Ashta (Animax dub)
Tantei Gakuen Q (TV) as Kintaro Tooyama
Tokyo Godfathers (movie) as Gin
Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files (TV) as Yusuke (Animax)
Wolf’s Rain as Kiba
Honey and Clover Season 1 as Yuta Takemoto
Ranma ½ as Ranma Saotome [male]
Absolute Boy as Ayumu Aizawa
Kamichu! as Kenji Ninomiya
Paradise Kiss as Hiroyuki Tokumori
Chronicle of the Wings Season 1 as Syaoran
The Law of Ueki as Robert Haydn, Seichiro Sano ep 1-33
I’m Gonna be an Angel as Yusuke Kamoshita
Midori Days as Seiji Sawamura
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and S.A.C. 2nd GIG as Togusa
Journey to the West Parts 1 and 2 as Cho Hakkai

Dave BRIDGES

Cast in:

Gakuen Alice (TV) as Narumi (Animax dub)
Honey and Clover II (TV) as Shinobu Morita
Inuyasha (TV) as Miroku (Animax)
Ranma ½ (TV) as Genma Saotome (Animax); Ryouga Hibiki (Animax)
Yakitate!! Japan (TV) as Kyousuke Kawachi; Yuuichi Kirisaki
Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost Files (TV) as Hiei (Animax)
.hack//Roots as Phyllo
Legend of the Glass Fleet as Cleo Aiolos Corbeille
Fate/Stay Night as Shinji Mato
Chronicle of the Wings Season 1) as Kurogane
Slam Dunk as Ryota Miyagi, Hikoichi Aida
Kamichu! as Yashima
Paradise Kiss as Arashi Nagase
Le Chevalier D’Eon as Durand

Andrea KWAN

Cast in:

Animal Yokocho (TV) as Iyo; Shimako Shima
Bincho-tan (TV) as Bincho-tan
Black Jack (TV) as Pinoko
Black Jack Special: The 4 Miracles of Life as Pinoko
Chibi Maruko-chan (TV) as Maruko's mother (2nd voice)
Clamp School (TV) as Nokoru Imonoyama (Animax dub)
Conan, the Boy in Future (TV) as Conan
(La) Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ (TV) as Kahoko's sister; Lili; Narrator,Azuma’s grandmother and younger sister,the reporter
Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san (TV) as Comet
Daa! Daa! Daa! (TV) as Miyu Kouzuki; Santa Kurosu (animax dub)
Dokkiri Doctor (TV) as Miyuki Koizumi
Emma: A Victorian Romance (TV) as Emma (Animax dub); Vivian Jones (Animax dub)
Emma: A Victorian Romance Second Act (TV) as Emma (Animax dub); Ilsa (Animax dub); Monica Mildrake (Animax dub); Mrs. Campbell (Animax dub); Theresa Hamilton
Gakuen Alice (TV) as Amanatsu (Animax dub); Mikan Sakura (Animax dub)
Getbackers (TV) as Kaoru Ujiie (Animax Dub); Makubex (Animax Dub)
Ginban Kaleidoscope (TV) as Dominique Miller; Kyouko Shitou; Sister; Yohko Sakurano
Graduation (OAV) as Mami Shimura; Reiko Takagi
Hell Girl Season 1 and 2 (TV) as Ai Enma
Honey and Clover II (TV) as Hagumi Hanamoto; Miwako Teshigawara
Ie Naki Ko Remi (TV) as Remi
Inuyasha (TV) as Kagome Higurashi (Animax Dub),Kikyo
A Little Princess Sara (TV) as Sara
Onegai My Melody (TV) as Mana Fujisaki; My Melody; Patricia; Rhythm; Rio
Sgt. Frog (TV) as Keroro (Animax dub) ; Koyuki Azumaya (Animax dub) ; Momoka Nishizawa (Animax dub)
Shonen Onmyouji (TV) as Mokkun (Animax dub)
Tantei Gakuen Q (TV) as Megumi Minami
Twin Spica (TV) as Asumi Kamogawa
Yakitate!! Japan (TV) as Shigeru Kanmuri; Sophie Balzac Kirisaki
Ranma1/2 as Ranma Saotome [female] and Kasumi Tendo
Slam Dunk as Ayako
UFO Baby as Miyu, Santa
Cardcaptor Sakura as Sakura Kinomoto
YuYu Hakusho as Keiko Yukimura, Shiziru Kuwabara and Young Genkai
Ultra Maniac as Nina Sakura
Ghosts at School as Sat Suu Kyi
Paradise Kiss as Miwako Sakurada
Kamichu! as Miko Saegusa, Tama, and Shoukichi Hitotsubashi
Windy Tales as Nao Ueshima
SoltyRei as Solty Revant
Alice Academy as Mikan Sakura
Air Gear as Ringo Noyamano, Akito/Agito Wanijima
Le Chevalier D’Eon as Anna Rochefort, Belle and Marquise de Pompadour
Chronicle of the Wings Season 1 as Princess Sakura
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, S.A.C. 2nd GIG and Innocence as Motoko Kusanagi
Wolf’s Rain as Cheza and Cher Degré
Princess Comet as Princess Comet
Princess Sarah as Princess Sarah
Princess Tutu as Peat, Ruu

Candice MOORE

Cast in:

Animal Yokocho (TV) as Kumiko "Kuu-chan" Takeda; Mama
Bincho-tan (TV) as Kunugi-tan
Chibi Maruko-chan (TV) as Maruko's sister
Clamp School (TV) as Suoh Takamura (Animax dub)
Daa! Daa! Daa! (TV) as Aya Konishi (animax dub); Kanata Saionji; Mikan Yamamura (animax dub)
Emma: A Victorian Romance (TV) as Colin Jones (Animax dub); Eleanor Campbell (Animax dub); Sarah (Animax dub); Theresa Hamilton (Animax dub)
Emma: A Victorian Romance Second Act (TV) as Colin Jones (Animax dub); Eleanor Campbell (Animax dub); Martha (Animax dub); Mrs. Wick (Animax dub); Polly (Animax dub)
Gakuen Alice (TV) as Misaki Harada (Animax dub); Natsume Hyuuga (Animax dub)
Getbackers (TV) as Hevn (Animax Dub)
Ginban Kaleidoscope (TV) as Mika Honjou; Yukie Mishiro
Graduation (OAV) as Kiyomi Arai
Honey and Clover II (TV) as Ayumi Yamada
Maria Watches Over Us (TV) as Former Rosa gigantea (Animax dub); Rei Hasekura (Animax dub); Sachiko Ogasawara (Animax dub); Seiko Kasuga (Animax dub); Yoshino Shimazu (Animax dub); Yuuki Fukuzawa (Animax dub)
Maria Watches Over Us 3rd Season (OAV) as Sachiko Ogasawara (Animax dub)
Maria Watches Over Us: Printemps (TV) as Former Rosa gigantea (Animax dub); Noriko Nijou (Animax dub); Rei Hasekura (Animax dub); Sachiko Ogasawara (Animax dub); Yoshino Shimazu (Animax dub); Yumiko Ikegami (Animax dub); Yuuki Fukuzawa (Animax dub)
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (TV) as Haman Karn
Onegai My Melody (TV) as Kakeru Kogure; Miki Sakurazuka; Miko
Sgt. Frog (TV) as Aki Hinata (Animax dub) ; Angol Moa (Animax dub) ; Fuyuki Hinata (Animax dub) ; Sumomo (Animax dub)
Shonen Onmyouji (TV) as Masahiro (Animax dub)
Tantei Gakuen Q (TV) as Kyu Renjo
Tokyo Godfathers (movie) as Miyuki
Yakitate!! Japan (TV) as Kazuma Azuma
InuYasha as Sango, Kaede and Shippo
Ranma ½ as Nabiki Tendo, Ukyo Kuonji, Shampoo and Kodachi Kuno
Yu Yu Hakusho as Kurama, Koenma, Genkai, Yukina
Jigoku Shojo Season 2 as Honne Onna
Ultra Maniac as Ayu
Fancy Lala as Fancy Lala
Kamichu! as Matsuri Saegusa and God of Poverty
Windy Tales as Jun
Paradise Kiss as Yukari Hayasaka
Air Gear as Shiraume “Ume” Noyamano, Emily Adachi
Le Chevalier D’Eon as Marie Leszczynska
Fate/Stay Night as Rin Tosaka
Chronicle of the Wings Season 1 as Fai D. Flourite
Hiwou War Chronicles as Hiwou
Wolf’s Rain as Toboe
The Law of Ueki as Kousuke Ueki

Charmaine CORDOVIZ

Cast in:

Ai to Yuuki no Pig Girl Tonde Buurin (TV) as Jean Smith; Macy Kramer / Keiko Kuroka; Vinz Adams
Corrector Yui (TV) as Ante; Haruna Kisaragi
Great Dangaioh (TV) as Hitomi Chidou
Toward the Terra (TV) as Ella (Animax dub) ; Letitia Shin (Animax dub); Seki Leigh Shiroei (Animax dub); Swena Dalton (Animax dub) ; Toni (Animax dub) ; Yae (Animax dub)

David Lee MCKINNEY

Cast in:

Animal Yokocho (TV) as Kenta
(La) Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ (TV) as Ryoutarou Tsuchiura
Emma: A Victorian Romance Second Act (TV) as Hakim Atawari (Animax dub)
Ginban Kaleidoscope (TV) as Pete Pumps
Maria Watches Over Us (TV) as Suguru Kashiwagi (Animax dub)
Maria Watches Over Us: Printemps (TV) as Suguru Kashiwagi (Animax dub)
Sgt. Frog (TV) as Dororo (Animax dub) ; Saburo (Animax dub)
Slam Dunk as Kiminobu Kogure and Kaede Rukawa
Fate/Stay Night as Shirō Emiya
Honey and Clover Season 2 as Yuta Takemoto
Shonen Onmyoji as Abe no Seimei and Toshitsugu Fujiwara
Air Gear as Kazu and Sora Takeuchi
Le Chevalier D’Eon as D’Eon de Beaumont
Yakitate! Ja-pan as Ryo Kuroyanagi
REC as Fumihiko Matsumaru
Gun X Sword) as Ray Lundgren
Magikano as Haruo Yoshikawa
Trinity Blood as Dietrich von Lohengrin

Michael PIZZUTTO

Cast in:

Sgt. Frog (TV) as Kururu (Animax dub); Narrator (Animax dub)
Yakitate!! Japan (TV) as Pierrot Bolneze
Le Chevalier D’Eon as Vorontsov and Louis XV
Slam Dunk as Hisashi Mitsui
Chronicle of the Wings Season 2 as Kurogane

Scott EVANS

Cast in:

Emma: A Victorian Romance Second Act (TV) as Hans (Animax dub); Richard Jones (Animax dub)
Sgt. Frog (TV) as Giroro (Animax dub)
Slam Dunk as Hanamichi Sakuragi
Shonen Onmyoji as Toda
Gun X Sword as Van
Black Cat as Train Heartnett
The Law of Ueki as Seichiro Sano (ep 33+)
Air Gear as Ikki
Le Chevalier D’Eon as Teillagory
madmangohan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
shadee88 wrote:
Not exactly. Each actor would have been told on their contract where their voices will be used. Any use outside of those territories/media is a breach of their contract, hence why they'd need a new one regardless.

It's sort of like me selling a song to Sony, and the contract says it will only be played in Australia. Only to find it being used in movies and on US charts. Not only is a breach of contract, but had they put that on the contract, you think I would have asked for more?

shadee88 wrote:

Then explain, why Crackle.com was able to get streaming rights to Humanoid Monster Bem (Animax Dub), LaMB (Animax Dub), and Nodame Cantabile (Animax Dub???)?
Could easily be that Animax have amended their newer contracts to allow for this.
Streaming has only taken off in the last few years. It was barely a pipe dream when they did CCS.

shadee88 wrote:

I can list all voice actors. Madman can try contacting Animax and ask them which voice actors did what?
Why? It really should be Animax doing the legwork if they want their dub to be shown elsewhere. It was their narrow minded contracts that created this issue in the first place.
shadee88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
shadee88 wrote:
Not exactly. Each actor would have been told on their contract where their voices will be used. Any use outside of those territories/media is a breach of their contract, hence why they'd need a new one regardless.

It's sort of like me selling a song to Sony, and the contract says it will only be played in Australia. Only to find it being used in movies and on US charts. Not only is a breach of contract, but had they put that on the contract, you think I would have asked for more?

shadee88 wrote:

Could easily be that Animax have amended their newer contracts to allow for this.
Streaming has only taken off in the last few years. It was barely a pipe dream when they did CCS.

shadee88 wrote:

Why? It really should be Animax doing the legwork if they want their dub to be shown elsewhere. It was their narrow minded contracts that created this issue in the first place.

"It was barely a pipe dream when they did CCS."

Crackle never aired CCS Animax Dub. Crackle said they dont want to air CCS because the show is about 4th grade girls.

"Why? It really should be Animax doing the legwork if they want their dub to be shown elsewhere. It was their narrow minded contracts that created this issue in the first place."

I dont think Animax knows what they hell is going on. They shove their brains where the sun don't shine and do whatever they want and just want money. I think at this point, Animax will do ANYTHING for money.

I'm sorry for being overobsessed over this. It's just that its the only thing i like. Do u know any similar shows like this that has a decent dub?
I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks
madmangohan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 am Reply with quote
shadee88 wrote:
Crackle never aired CCS Animax Dub. Crackle said they don't want to air CCS because the show is about 4th grade girls.
Right, and their current line-up is totally macho in comparison... >_>

shadee88 wrote:
I don't think Animax knows what they hell is going on. They shove their brains where the sun don't shine and do whatever they want and just want money. I think at this point, Animax will do ANYTHING for money.
They're a broadcaster. They're job is to constantly bring in new content for people to watch. Just because they don't listen to you and put CCS back on, doesn't mean you have to be so moody to them. Hell, I wouldn't want to listen to you either if you threatened to sue me because I didn't follow your wishes.

shadee88 wrote:
I'm sorry for being overobsessed over this. It's just that its the only thing i like. Do u know any similar shows like this that has a decent dub?

Dude, you're allowed to be obsessed, we all have things we like more than anything else (for me it's probably Stellvia, and most people thought it was crummy).
But seriously, you start crossing the line when your antics turn to threatening posts and demanding phone calls.
Go outside, get some fresh air, and realise that there's a lot more to life than the dub of an anime.
If you still truly believe in having it released, ask around to see what it would take to do it yourself. Maybe by asking around enough and showing your commitment, you might just attract someone important to help you get your wish.
But please refrain from being moody and making threats. That will get you no where as you have already found out.

As for similar shows, look into Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. That from what I hear is eerily similar. Maybe even, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. It's also done by Clamp and feature much of the same cast as CCS, but in a different setting.
shadee88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote
madmangohan wrote:
shadee88 wrote:
Crackle never aired CCS Animax Dub. Crackle said they don't want to air CCS because the show is about 4th grade girls.
Right, and their current line-up is totally macho in comparison... >_>

shadee88 wrote:
I don't think Animax knows what they hell is going on. They shove their brains where the sun don't shine and do whatever they want and just want money. I think at this point, Animax will do ANYTHING for money.
They're a broadcaster. They're job is to constantly bring in new content for people to watch. Just because they don't listen to you and put CCS back on, doesn't mean you have to be so moody to them. Hell, I wouldn't want to listen to you either if you threatened to sue me because I didn't follow your wishes.

shadee88 wrote:

Dude, you're allowed to be obsessed, we all have things we like more than anything else (for me it's probably Stellvia, and most people thought it was crummy).
But seriously, you start crossing the line when your antics turn to threatening posts and demanding phone calls.
Go outside, get some fresh air, and realise that there's a lot more to life than the dub of an anime.
If you still truly believe in having it released, ask around to see what it would take to do it yourself. Maybe by asking around enough and showing your commitment, you might just attract someone important to help you get your wish.
But please refrain from being moody and making threats. That will get you no where as you have already found out.

As for similar shows, look into Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. That from what I hear is eerily similar. Maybe even, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle. It's also done by Clamp and feature much of the same cast as CCS, but in a different setting.

"They're a broadcaster. They're job is to constantly bring in new content for people to watch. Just because they don't listen to you and put CCS back on, doesn't mean you have to be so moody to them. "

-sigh- Actually what i meant was if Animax charges money for Madman to use their dub, they'll be happy if they get money.

but the others definitely have a right to get moody to them. they pay Animax and Animax doesn't want 2 listen to them, they lose ratings, then blame subscribers for "not supporting them".

I don't technically have a right to be that mad at Animax because I'm not even their subscriber or customer.

But, i really like Madman's marketing strategy, ask people what they like and pick what has more demand.

Funimation is just like Animax, license random shows all willy-nilly and just demand support and money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4