• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Ent. Adds Bakumatsu Era: Code Geass Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
For Bandai:

Is there a chance that Code Geass and Gundam 00 will be released on blu-ray in the US?

Is there a chance that the recent VOTOMS series, OVA and/or movie will be released here? In blu-ray?

What about Shin Mazinger Z? Is there a chance that this title can come over?
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
$25? Better pack light. I was on an American Airlines flight two years ago and it was $10...

Or was that United? I can't remember...
lilly_938

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Bandai:
Is there any chance of having the Code Geass R2 picture dramas and sound episodes dubbed and sold separately at the store?
froggygirl89

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote
For Bandai:

First off, I would like to thank you very much for licensing Tales of the Abyss the Animation!!javascript:emoticon('Anime hyper') But on that note I would like to know if it is going to be dubbed? If so, do you plan on using the original voice actors from the game? And do you plan to license any more of Tales of series anime or manga? Thanks again!!
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote
Convention dates for Baltiport 2011 announced.

July 31st - BWI Airport. Terminal location to be determined.

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/baltiport

Lance Heiskell
Con Chair
Baltiport 2010

The first con where you don't want to pre-reg.
www.baltiport.com
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote
kikin0083 wrote:
for funimation

any chance of BECK live action film? love the anime!

Our Acquisition dept might be looking at it. I'll make sure they know about the film if they don't.

Lance Heiskell
Con Chair
Baltiport 2010
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:06 am Reply with quote
rnapton wrote:
Sketchor wrote:
To Bandai

I'd like to see a dub for Turn-A. If at all possible from the same group and ADR director as Gundam Unicorn because I thought it was the best dub Gundam has had in years. But seriously anything but Blue Water, if you're thinking Ocean then for the love of all things good and decent send it to West Wood in Vancouver not Blue Water in Calgary.

I'd be plenty content with a sub-only release but what I'd rather see is a sub-only stream as soon as possible and a billingual DVD release.

And what are Turn-A's chances for airing on Syfy's Ani-Monday block run by Manga Entertainment? Or any other Bandai shows for that matter. I was really happy to see Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann aired there.

I'm glad you liked Unicorn's dub so much. Michael at NYAV did a fantastic job and it was great having him and Stephanie on hand to introduce the show at Otakon. We would have had them at Baltiport but they were outbound elsewhere. Maybe next year.

Almost definitely too late but what the heck, hopefully if you guys pass by one more time or it gets through to you somehow so the praise gets passed along Smile

For Bandai:
Same here, the Unicorn dub was fantastic, great choices for the cast too, can't wait for the next episode to hear more from them so I wanted add my praise for the dub as well to someone who can pass it along and how much the dub has meant to those of us who've picked up Unicorn. Smile

I too would be all over dual-language Turn-A, I hope it happens.

Still really want both seasons of Gundam 00 on Blu-ray someday here in the US Bandai, even though I've been buying the Limited Edition DVDs day one I'm sure a ton of us including myself would double-dip on that, hope it's still being considered!

I hope when you eventually bring over the upcoming Gundam 00 movie that we'll see a dub and sub Blu-ray right away so we can see it at it's best Smile

Looking forwards to the 00 movie getting released here in the future, looking forwards to Tales of the Abyss, and great to hear that Turn A's finally been picked up! I hope Gundam X will be next in line Wink

For Funimation:

Not sure if you can say anything yet, or it may have already been mentioned during the previous con when you said you have the next set of episodes, but just in case it wasn't is there any time frame on when the next Hellsing Ultimate episode we are up to here in the US is going to come out now that you guys have it for the episodes we haven't gotten yet?
I believe there was talk that the next episode had already been dubbed before everything went down so I was wondering if that might mean it's coming sooner rather than later? Smile
I'm buying either way but I hope you'll consider continuing Steelbook Limited Editions if at all possible, they were really nice!

And I'm sure you're already aware of how distinguished and highly valued the Hellsing dub is, so I'll just add yet another vocal reminder of how important that's been to us over the years as both anime versions have gotten released, so hopefully any issues can be worked out for future episodes even though the show has changed hands Smile (Wanted to avoid listing but can't pass up the chance, same with the Trigun dub cast for the upcoming movie and Tiffany Grant returning as Asuka for the second Eva movie you just picked up Smile)

Oh yeah, looking forward to more info on that FLCL Blu-ray release you've got planned, hopefully we'll start hearing more about it soon.

Excellent new acquisitions, by the way, at the last couple of events.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 am; edited 7 times in total
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quote
To Funimation:
What makes a license "rescue" worth it for you guys, do people actually buy enough of certain series to make it worth it considering that possibly many people already own a certain series (like for myself a good example being Vandread, trying really hard to justify buying the re-release just for the OVAs), also what are the chances of certain Geneon title getting the same new license treatment like Shana and Black Lagoon (such as Nanoha StrikerS, Familiar of Zero S2 and 3, or even stuff that you do currently have such as School Rumble 3rd Term, Negima Ala Alba and Another World), also as much as I hate to say it, is there going to be any more Blu-Ray releases for previously released series (insert long list of DVDs I've bought only to have it come out later on BR in a few months)? Thank you, and as much as I'd like to make a laundry list of "please license this", looking forward to Index, BakaTest, and Otoshimono (BR releases/same time please)!
firecrouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
If you're still answering questions Lance:

I just felt like I had to ask this but I remember a while ago that FUNimation sent a C & D for "Lovely Complex" even though there's been no announcement on it. I'd love to see this series brought over here but if not did Toei Animation specifically request it to be taken down?

Also what's happening with "Shin-Chan"? I know you can't comment too much on new episodes and seasons of shows you have but I heard there would be more "Shin-Chan" even if it doesn't get back on T.V. and it's been about two years since the second season ended.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote
giapet wrote:
Dragonpiece wrote:
Is this a joke?

As the ANN attendee, I can confirm that the 'convention' is a joke, but the license is absolutely real-- except it was A Record of the Strange Tales of the Bakumatsu Era: Code Geass, not Shikkoku no Renya. A little mix-up because they both involve historical periods.

that's a releif cause I almost though those releases was not.

Also interesting on this new CG manga. I definietly liked the Knightmare of nunnally series as well as the Queens adapation.

Also I too am wondering what's up with Shin Chan too. Has it also been cut loose by Funi just like what they did with Kodocha???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Really?? NO plans of rescuing Cardcaptor Sakura?? I've seen ALOT of people shouting out (including me) for it on several forums. I would've thought there would have been enough people showing an interest in it. Not to mention, the high price of it on eBay and the fact that people are BUYING it for hundreds of dollars, is evident enough. It's too much for me to get...

Sailor Moon would be awesome too. Although I was fortunate enough to pick up the ADV/Geneon sets, I might even double dip, if it's the remastered version AND includes the missing episode in R season (oh, and Stars getting a license, along with the TV specials....)

Digimon subbed? YES PLEASE!!!! There is a HUGE Digimon fanbase, and we were fortunate enough to wait many YEARS for fans to sub the entire franchise for us to watch. I don't buy dubbed only, but if a subbed existed (even if made in limited quantities, if unsure about how it will sell) I would be a DAY 1 preorder, and I'm sure lots of others would be too! There is just no love for subbing "kiddie" anime, which is why I suggest the limited production...
rnapton
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 am Reply with quote
Weirdest Baltiport moment:

After dead dog in baggage claim, while waiting for the shuttle to the hotel in Dallas that would be our new home (yes, shuttle delays even at Baltiport), Attendee John asked me where I was from originally.

"A small town in Northern California."

"Where?," he asked. A strange apprehension in his voice.

"It's near Modesto," I said.

"I'm FROM Modesto," he said.

"I grew up in Turlock..."

"My sister is lived in Turlock," offered John.

Cue Twilight Zone music.

So given the low attendance numbers at Baltiport, the odds of two of the few being from the same small community seems low.
Modesto is most famous as being the home of George Lucas.

Now it’s famous for being “dimension of sight, sound and of mind. You’ve just entered the Baltiport Zone”
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
rnapton wrote:
Cue Twilight Zone music.

So given the low attendance numbers at Baltiport, the odds of two of the few being from the same small community seems low.
Modesto is most famous as being the home of George Lucas.

Now it’s famous for being “dimension of sight, sound and of mind. You’ve just entered the Baltiport Zone”

There's something on the wing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Elexin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
Haha, this was really fun to read through Smile

Anyhow, it's a bit late now, but I have to try.
A bandai question: As you mentioned being glad about getting the Gundam 00 manga, is it likely that you'll be licensing/releasing 00I after 00F is finished? Smile
Also, I know it isn't manga but as you released the regular light novels (although please poke your QA/proofreaders to see if they're awake next time Sad) as well as the manga, is there any chance you'd look into licensing the photonovel/databook/hybrid 00P, to round out Celestial Being's history in the 00 universe?
It's even had a smaller two volume compilation now (as opposed to the original larger four volume release), so maybe that would be a viable option?

Last edited by Elexin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elisian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote
rnapton wrote:
Elisian wrote:
Bandai: Any chance of us getting a domestic release of the SD Gundam Romance of the Three Kingdoms?

"there are always possibilites"

name the movie the quote comes from and I'll try to make it happen.

just kidding, I'm not sure, but will pass that along.

Didn't there was so much love for SD

I believe that would be Spock...yes?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 15