• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter x Hunter has disappeared from both of my Borders

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
population_tire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else? There isn't a single volume at both stores near me. Does anyone know why?
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't say. Not every bookstore keeps a solid stock if manga(the Barnes and Nobles near me only has the first Volume of Reborn! on it's shelves) so it could just be that.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Borders can be weird about that. Once they had all 20 volumes of Angel Sanctuary and I bought the first 3. Within the week, all remaining 17 volumes were gone. Since I doubt some customer bought that many at once, that means Borders decided to remove a series someone had begun to buy. [sarcasm]Brilliant logic![/sarcasm]
lys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about it! Looking on my local bookstore's site, I don't think they carry it either (though they seem to have lots of YuYu Hakusho, and I can't comment on whether this is a recent development or if they ever did carry the series.) But you know you can usually special-order books through the store, right? I just ask at my store's info/service desk and they're always happy to order books for me. Or there are always online sellers...

However, I've noticed my local bookstore (which is independent but I think uses Borders as a supplier or distributor or something?) seems to be letting its manga collection dwindle. Lots of empty spots on the shelves last time I was there. It makes me a little worried--I'll have to step up my buying!!
Scormio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Borders IS weird like that. Just go to the front desk, say "I'd like to order volumes x-y of Hunter x Hunter" and they'll ship them to the store so you can pick them up. That's what I'm currently doing with Oh my Goddess! since its IMPOSSIBLE to find anything but the most recent 1-2 volumes at stores.
SgtMustang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:05 am Reply with quote
speaking of Hunter X Hunter I hope it starts up again soon, just read from the end of the ova's to ch 310 this past week. Pretty cool story arc and its sooooo close to the end.
AshLikeSnow01

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 am Reply with quote
Try Amazon.com.
In california, Amazon.com is able to take advantage of a loophole in the law. So If sold by amazon; It's No tax no shipping. If you are a college student you qualify for 1 year of amazon prime which is: No tax, no shipping, shipped to your house within 2 days unless you are ordering from New York. Than its 2 day delivery + 2 day processing.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

And don't know if links are allowed by this forum. No violation intended.
http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-x-Vol-3/dp/159116849X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299223185&sr=8-3
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
SgtMustang wrote:
speaking of Hunter X Hunter I hope it starts up again soon, just read from the end of the ova's to ch 310 this past week. Pretty cool story arc and its sooooo close to the end.

http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-x-Vol-27/dp/1421538628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299276606&sr=1-1
VIZ'll actually have a new volume of it out later this month. I think this catches us up to the Japanese release.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
SgtMustang wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Hunter-x-Vol-27/dp/1421538628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299276606&sr=1-1
VIZ'll actually have a new volume of it out later this month. I think this catches us up to the Japanese release.

Yeah, we Americans are up to date on this series thanks to Yoshihiro Togashi's hiatuses. Can't wait for the next volume.
Blackjack Gabbiani

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Have you tried special ordering it? Give them the ISBN or even the title and they should be able to get it in for you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1