• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurora

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, they're putting a Rurouni Kenshin article in Issue 7. So I don't think so...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thatismynoodle

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:07 pm Reply with quote
well don't I feel like an idiot. Good to see more manga though!
Aurora

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:12 pm Reply with quote
well, it's just a article though- for now, I don't think that its going to be manga.

I'm just hoping the article will tell us if RK is going in SJ or not!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lord Ilpalazzo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Aurora wrote:
Well, they're putting a Rurouni Kenshin article in Issue 7. So I don't think so...

Well if they would not have RK in Sj they would not of published the article
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Lord Ilpalazzo wrote:
Aurora wrote:

Well if they would not have RK in Sj they would not of published the article

I expect to see Viz using Shonen Jump as a taste tester for their line up of manga. More than likely they will put articles, previews and other tidbits to hype up their own stuff. If people seem to leap at certain titles, I'm sure they may experiment with running that title through the mag. They took a look at Pretty Face, but I honestly don't expect to see that title run in the magazine. Of course, they could do strange things and run it after Sandland ends.

Viz seems to have reached the point where they are pretty happy with the size of the magazine. They moved to running two chapters a month on most of the series, with a few of the series getting more than that in rotation. It also seems like the magazine has gained a huge amount of success sooner than they anticipated. I just hope they don't get too full of themselves and ruin the good thing they've started.

Allen
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Jump is pretty sizable and would be a long read, I guess we'll see what happens with RK. Personally I don't want to have to wait several years for its completion. Wink
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:12 pm Reply with quote
SkullKnight wrote:
Jump is pretty sizable and would be a long read, I guess we'll see what happens with RK. Personally I don't want to have to wait several years for its completion. Wink
I think they will just run a couple books worth then add it to GN only. I think the same will go for Naruto which is still running in Japan same with One Piece.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2