• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Great Eastern Lists U.S. Sailor Moon Merchandise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chii85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
Operation Moonrise Phase 6 survey!

Take the survey if you want Sailor Moon licensed.

Moon Chase has a new website.
It say on the site that neogotiations are stalled for at least 2-3 months on the final phase, if that's case then if Funi get the rights, it will be at this years New York Anime Fest/Comic Con comomation, but i'll be surpired if they anounce it a San Deigo Comic Con.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Chii85 wrote:
It say on the site that neogotiations are stalled for at least 2-3 months on the final phase, if that's case then if Funi get the rights, it will be at this years New York Anime Fest/Comic Con comomation, but i'll be surpired if they anounce it a San Deigo Comic Con.

Anyone know how reliable their anonymous sources usually are?
machetecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Chii85 wrote:
Buy a new VCR online if you want to get a new one.
See, I don't really want a new one. Nearly all of my VHS collection has come out on DVD, and I've just been buying those.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Chii85 wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
FaytLein wrote:
OK Funimation, its time to stop being coy. Just announce it at Otakon, people will flood your offices with money, and everything will be right with the world. Just don't do 13 ep sets, that is a bit much considering the size of the franchise.....

(I'd still buy them though, but I have almost have everything you have released so far, so you OWE ME ONE!)

I'd certainly rebuy the Classic and R (and as long as I'm wishing, Stars) if Funimation released it, since the ADV releases I have are horrible, but I'm quite pleased with my Geneon releases of S and SS.
ADV distrubed the first two seasons by the Dic dub actualy.

No, check your facts again please. The two uncut (minus one episode in R), Japanese language box sets with the ADV stamp on them that I own beg to differ.
I'm pretty sure ADV never redubbed the two seasons they license rescued after DiC let the rights go for them. they pretty much just re-released the DiC dubs and did an uncut sub-only version.
Songdragosa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
All of this recent Sailor Moon talk has me REALLY craving a marathon.

Too bad all I have is R and S. My favorite seasons, but if I had to, I'd want to watch it ALL.

For the love of all that is holy, Funi, LICENSE THIS. Heck, do you know how much praise and love you'd get for releasing Stars, not to mention the money?
Forte-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
.....this is an omen. Lol. Actually, that's pretty cool. Hopefully it's for real. At least for the playing cards. Just managed to find some original North American Sailor Moon manga pressings the other day at a thrift store, all spines and pages intact. Truth be told, if all this kind of merch comes out, and FUNi either has or will release the series on DVD, this could be the ultimate year.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Chii85 wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
FaytLein wrote:
OK Funimation, its time to stop being coy. Just announce it at Otakon, people will flood your offices with money, and everything will be right with the world. Just don't do 13 ep sets, that is a bit much considering the size of the franchise.....

(I'd still buy them though, but I have almost have everything you have released so far, so you OWE ME ONE!)

I'd certainly rebuy the Classic and R (and as long as I'm wishing, Stars) if Funimation released it, since the ADV releases I have are horrible, but I'm quite pleased with my Geneon releases of S and SS.
ADV distrubed the first two seasons by the Dic dub actualy.

No, check your facts again please. The two uncut (minus one episode in R), Japanese language box sets with the ADV stamp on them that I own beg to differ.
I'm pretty sure ADV never redubbed the two seasons they license rescued after DiC let the rights go for them. they pretty much just re-released the DiC dubs and did an uncut sub-only version.

Perhaps some of the confusion is coming from the fact that I don't care about the dubs. When I said the quality of the ADV releases was horrible, I was talking from a general sound and video point of view. They looked and sounded really bad, due to being given bad masters from Toei. All I was talking about were those sub-only sets they released.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
faytlein wrote:

Okay, for the record, 13 episode volume sets is not all that bad and for another record, the fact that we're even getting 13 episode DVD sets for new releases of any anime in this day and age is already an accomplishment in of itself when you consider how much of a stink people made during the distribution of 4-episode singles in years past. May I remind you that FUNimation had to dramatically change their whole business model just to appease people like us who didn't want to pay top dollar for a few episodes of a show we absolutely loved, even to the point of midway canceling EXISTING releases for loyal fans just so this new business model can be implemented. The last thing we need to read here is more bitching about more episodes per volume release.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
faytlein wrote:

Okay, for the record, 13 episode volume sets is not all that bad and for another record, the fact that we're even getting 13 episode DVD sets for new releases of any anime in this day and age is already an accomplishment in of itself when you consider how much of a stink people made during the distribution of 4-episode singles in years past. May I remind you that FUNimation had to dramatically change their whole business model just to appease people like us who didn't want to pay top dollar for a few episodes of a show we absolutely loved, even to the point of midway canceling EXISTING releases for loyal fans just so this new business model can be implemented. The last thing we need to read here is more bitching about more episodes per volume release.

I agree with KabaKabaFruit,a 13 episode DVD set is an accomplishment this day and age.if FUNimation does indeed get Sailor Moon i'm sure people will buy the DVD sets.
Vapors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Mercurius360 wrote:
FaytLein wrote:

I find is odd that FUNimation and Kodansha Comics are in the same room, and Kodansha's panel is right after FUNi's time-wise, at San Diego Comic Con, which is on Thursday, the 21st.

Would you guys think they would announce it at SDCC? I'm sure they'll say the same thing at Otakon, but Sailor Moon's a big franchise, so at a convention that is more than just anime is a better place to announce it.

That could very well be when they'll do it. Comic Con is one of, if not the biggest convention of all things nerd in North America, so if they do indeed have Sailor Moon and have held off this long, that'd be my bet.

God, that would be spectacular. I grew up with Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z on Toonami and Cardcaptors on Saturday mornings, so to have 2 outta 3 of my childhood anime available to own legally and by companies that show such respect to them? That'd be an absolute dream come true.

Oh wow, that didn't even register with me when I looked at the schedule. That would be epically awesome if we get news of the anime series just before Kodansha comes out to talk about the manga. Alas, I will be busy elsewhere during the convention, but I will check the internet to keep up to date on all the good news (that hopefully will come out).
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote
Chii85 wrote:
Yeah I know last year Toei offered international soliction to both Sailor Moon and Dr. Slump remastered at the MIPTV 2010 conference in France (I don't know if it includes the moives and speicals), it was reported by Icv2.

Here's the link
[/url]http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/17240.htm[/code]
On that topic, it still amazes me that Funi hasn't picked up Doctor Slump and plastered "FROM THE DRAGON BALL DOOD" in captial letters all over it.

As for Sailor Moon, just put it out in DBZ like Orange Bricks. I'd pay silly bucks for that.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
That could very well be when they'll do it. Comic Con is one of, if not the biggest convention of all things nerd in North America, so if they do indeed have Sailor Moon and have held off this long, that'd be my bet.

God, that would be spectacular. I grew up with Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z on Toonami and Cardcaptors on Saturday mornings, so to have 2 outta 3 of my childhood anime available to own legally and by companies that show such respect to them? That'd be an absolute dream come true.

Here's to hoping you're right, though if you are, I'm a little peeved they didn't announce it at AX, seeing as I was there. If Sailor Moon can get a re-release, then I bet (hope) CCS will some day soon too.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
faytlein wrote:

I agree with KabaKabaFruit,a 13 episode DVD set is an accomplishment this day and age.if FUNimation does indeed get Sailor Moon i'm sure people will buy the DVD sets.

I'm fine with it myself but something i have noticed lately is that people complain when FUNi's sets has less than 13 episodes which is a problem because if you count how many episodes are in each season of Sailor Moon, you can see that in order to release each of them properly, most of the sets would have to have 12 episodes or less.

I did the math elsewhere a few months ago and this is how it might turn out.

Sailor Moon (All 46 episodes in 4 sets): 12 + 12 + 11 + 11

Sailor Moon R (All 43 episodes in 4 sets): 11 + 11 + 11 + 10 (This may change if they don't get episode 67 which was missing from ADV's set)

Sailor Moon S (All 38 episodes in 3 sets): 13 + 13 + 12

Sailor Moon SuperS (All 39 episodes in 3 sets): 13 + 13 + 13

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (All 34 episodes in 3 sets): 12 + 11 + 11
sailorneorune

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
That is actually the new international anime logo, as seen on the Italian boxsets and crappy DS game.

I hope this means an eventual license for us, and I will be purchasing the merchandise when it becomes available.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote
sailorneorune wrote:
That is actually the new international anime logo, as seen on the Italian boxsets and crappy DS game.

It was also shown at the Towers Entertainment stand at Expo Comic MX in Mexico last month.

http://www.sailormoon-obsession.com/2011/06/more-news-on-latin-american-dvds.html

And also on the first Brazilian volume of Sailor Moon S (which is what the anime over there is starting with as far as DVD releases goes).

http://sossailormoon.com.br/2011/06/capa-do-dvd-sailor-moon-s-volume-1-revelada/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5