• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Father of Anime Tezuka's Workshop" ad

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:20 am Reply with quote
For the last couple of days, every time I load a new page, this ad has played. While normally fine, this particular ad has a zoetrope-esque animation around 0:33 that moves super fast(there's a similar, but slower animation right before it). It's slightly bothersome where it's off in my peripheral vision at the right of my screen; I'm not sensitive to these sorts of things, but others might be. Just an fyi.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Having noticed this too, as someone who’s not photosensitive that animation still made me slightly dizzy looking at it. It does make me concerned for those who are photosensitive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:40 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I think you're referring to one of our videos, which isn't an ad.
Is this the video in question?

I believe the issue you have is with the phenakistiscope segment? (the rotating wheel with vertical slits). I'll suggest to the team that future videos with strobe-like visuals effects have a brief warning on them.

-t
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Hi,

I think you're referring to one of our videos, which isn't an ad.
Is this the video in question?

I believe the issue you have is with the phenakistiscope segment? (the rotating wheel with vertical slits). I'll suggest to the team that future videos with strobe-like visuals effects have a brief warning on them.

-t

Whatever video that plays automatically at the right of the screen on each page, sure(and even restarts if I go into another tab and then come back). It's not an ad because my adblocker would be disabling it.

The current one, "Most Anticipated Spring 2024 Anime", has a strobing/flashing scene from Kaiju #8 at the 8 second mark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1