• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mysterious Cities of Gold -- season 2.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrossedScarsX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I'm sure that all the old school hard core fans of the Mysterious Cities of Gold from the 1980s already know that 30yrs after the show ended they decided to make and air a 2nd season.

Supposedly, this new season began airing on French tv on June 23, 2012. People were going NUTS earlier that month because of the trailer that the animation company released.

My topic/question/wonderment:

Has ANYONE heard or found ANY information at all regarding the newly aired episodes? I can't find anything related to it since the trailer excitement, and I figured it would have a least a little coverage on the internet.

Also, any discussion on the series/characters is encouraged.

Mendoza is Boss.
Boomerang Flash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Apparently season 2 is an entirely French effort. As such, I suspect that you will want to search for the series in French to find information. That would explain why it's not mentioned here: It's not anime under this site's definition.
CrossedScarsX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Boomerang Flash wrote:
Apparently season 2 is an entirely French effort. As such, I suspect that you will want to search for the series in French to find information. That would explain why it's not mentioned here: It's not anime under this site's definition.

I suspected as muhc, but since season 1 had Japanese efforts as well, this was the only place I could think to ask.. ;.; Thanks for the response though Anime smile
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
CrossedScarsX wrote:
Alright, I'm sure that all the old school hard core fans of the Mysterious Cities of Gold from the 1980s already know that 30yrs after the show ended they decided to make and air a 2nd season.

Anyone who reads the news too:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-14/new-mysterious-cities-of-gold-series-reportedly-planned
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-26/mysterious-cities-of-gold-returns
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-17/french-mysterious-cities-of-gold-sequel-1st-images-posted
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-06/french-mysterious-cities-of-gold-sequel-first-promo-posted
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1