• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation TV Ranking, February 6-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
For what it's worth, when the ratings for the first episode were released (4.4%), most people on 2chan were rather surprised as they expected better numbers. Obviously, I can't tell you what NTV and Madhouse expect, I don't work for them.

Using only the chart can be tricky, When it aired, Kekkaishi had ratings around the 7-9% range, yet it was moved to a bad time-slot (because sponsors pulled out, if I remember correctly) and ended up getting cancelled. Besides, I'm saying that the ratings seem average to me given the channel and the time-slot, so it being ahead of a certain amount of late-night and early morning anime or anime that air on TV Tokyo isn't really something to be celebrated IMO.

Expectations for Kekkaishi were much higher because it aired in the same highly-rated animation block as Detective Conan. It probably didn't sell enough merchandise, too.

Hunter x Hunter's current time slot wasn't filled by an anime series before, so I don't think people really knew what to expect from it ratings-wise. I think it's doing pretty well for a remake of a late '90s show, but what will really decide its fate is how much merchandise it sells.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2