• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Preserving ANNCast episodes that use Flash

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't sure where to post or if its being worked on/considered. For flash episodes, especially those that are only listened to on the website, is it possible that those can be converted to a newer media like HTML5, as the newer episodes? As Flash will be dropped soon, I would hate to see them gone for good. I feel they provide lots of information that should be preserved.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
I wasn't sure where to post or if its being worked on/considered. For flash episodes, especially those that are only listened to on the website, is it possible that those can be converted to a newer media like HTML5, as the newer episodes? As Flash will be dropped soon, I would hate to see them gone for good. I feel they provide lots of information that should be preserved.

Yeah, I share the same thought with Haterater. I mean I know you can still download the podcast. But for those don't want to download but to stream directly but Flash is disabled, I like to know what ANN's response to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hugonun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I would be willing to implement that as an userscript, but it would be great if it would be implemented natively to the website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1