• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Newsletter Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auspicacious

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:24 am Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
Is it possible they were going to your spam or junk folder all this time? Domains or senders that are automatically identified as spam get missed on occasion and wind up in your normal inbox.

No, not at all possible that they were filtered as spam -- first, because I review the subject line of every spam message I receive, and it's impossible that I would have missed dozens of newsletters in a row, and, second, because I use a small email provider that has weaker spam filters than GMail and the other tech giants; as a result, I receive a lot of spam messages that those companies outright drop and never show to users.

I have an unusual email address that systems occasionally treat as invalid despite being 100% legitimate (there's only two characters in the part before the '@') so it is possible that whatever system you use didn't like that.

Basically, I don't see any way this could possibly be a problem on my side -- it's a problem on the sender's side.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm Reply with quote
auspicacious wrote:
I subscribed to the ANN Newsletter a few years ago, but I never actually received a newsletter until today, when out of the blue I received ANNouncements #106.

We recently changed our newsletter service, and #106 was the first one we sent with the new service.

The subscription list was downloaded from the old service and uploaded to the new service. So no idea why you weren't getting the old ones, but glad you're getting the new ones.

Did you get #107 ?
auspicacious

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:18 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

We recently changed our newsletter service, and #106 was the first one we sent with the new service.

The subscription list was downloaded from the old service and uploaded to the new service. So no idea why you weren't getting the old ones, but glad you're getting the new ones.

Did you get #107 ?

Yes indeed, I received #107 as well. A couple of suggestions --

Not being a forum user, I might have made contact about the issue much earlier if animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter contained a link to this thread, although I can understand wanting to avoid drawing too much attention to the thread and having it potentially get used for things other than its original purpose.

Also, it seems to me like the embedded signup form on animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter is not visible in Firefox when Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection is set to Strict Mode. An easy, relatively privacy-friendly fix would be to add a link to your provider's hosted signup page, assuming they have one.

Thank you.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:09 pm Reply with quote
auspicacious wrote:
Not being a forum user, I might have made contact about the issue much earlier if animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter contained a link to this thread, although I can understand wanting to avoid drawing too much attention to the thread and having it potentially get used for things other than its original purpose.

Thanks! It's a good idea and I've added it.

Quote:
Also, it seems to me like the embedded signup form on animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter is not visible in Firefox when Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection is set to Strict Mode. An easy, relatively privacy-friendly fix would be to add a link to your provider's hosted signup page, assuming they have one.
Currently the signup form is disabled because Moosend is doing some maintenance. I don't know if that's coincidental, or the cause, but either way I'll add a link to a non-embedded form once Moosend is back online.
auspicacious

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I don't know if that's coincidental, or the cause, but either way I'll add a link to a non-embedded form once Moosend is back online.

Thanks -- I hope that gets you a few signups in the future. I appreciate all your help looking into this.
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:27 am Reply with quote
Thanks! I sent a form, but I can't subscribe. Please help!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:06 am Reply with quote
-Matthew- wrote:
Thanks! I sent a form, but I can't subscribe. Please help!

What kind of error do you receive?
Wamprat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I recently subscribed to the newsletter. I missed the issue with the sweepstakes link. Will there be a way to get it again? Thank you.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:12 am Reply with quote
The link was sent out on the 2nd, so I assume you got it ?
talklittle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm having trouble subscribing to the newsletter. The form doesn't show up, tried on multiple browsers on desktop and mobile, and I tried the link that says "Can't see the form above?" and it leads to a 404 error page as well.
K-Lye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:58 am Reply with quote
As above.. the form doesn't load - getting Error 404.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:34 am Reply with quote
Should be fixed.
Please let me know if you still have trouble.
K-Lye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:56 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Should be fixed.
Please let me know if you still have trouble.

Working although the tag for the form button appears to be broken - it works ok but just says 'button' rathe than 'Submit' or 'Accept'.

As an aside, your page animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter doesn't load the form by default in Chrome so you need to click through on the 'Can't see the form above? Click here' link. It's not immediately noticable if you scan read the article like I did intially so you might want to consider moving the link to the top of the article or making it more prominant.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
K-Lye wrote:
As an aside, your page animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter doesn't load the form by default in Chrome
Do you have noscript or an adblocker enabled?

Quote:
just says 'button' rathe than 'Submit' or 'Accept'.
Fixed, thanks!
K-Lye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
K-Lye wrote:
As an aside, your page animenewsnetwork.com/newsletter doesn't load the form by default in Chrome
Do you have noscript or an adblocker enabled?

Yep, that was it. Disabling Adblocker loaded the form fine.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2