• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
visual presentation of sequels/prequels/spin-off's/alternative versions and etc

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:05 am Reply with quote
Are there plans to improve the presentation of sequels, prequels, spin-offs (and sequels of the spin-offs) of anime?

If you have few sequels, there is nothing wrong with the current presentation. But if you have a large franchise, it quickly becomes completely a complete mess that is hard to understand.
e.g.
anime#46
anime#919
anime#16729
anime#13858
If you want to start watching a franchise, you have no idea what your starting point should be or what the correct order is.

The presentation that AniDB uses is a lot more understandable for instance because it is more visually orientated.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:41 am Reply with quote
I can say that yes, I have had plans to improve the presentation of sequels, prequels, spin-offs (and sequels of the spin-offs) by listing them all on a single "franchise" page. It's one of those ideas that I wish to implement "one day" but I really have no idea when. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1