• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN Reader Survey

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:12 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I'm obviously not very valuable to you since I only subscribe to streaming services, never buy physical media any more, and buy at most one or two games a year.

Most fans these days don't buy physical media any more. If you read ANN, you're valuable to us Smile
Octulus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:17 pm Reply with quote
I didn't notice most of the "other" options in the survey until looking at the results. So I'm guessing some answers -- definitely mine -- are skewed because of that.

My only real advice/desire for the site is for there to be less fluff: less non-anime or non-manga stuff, less "this week in anime" posts, etc. More serious editorials and essays, video or not, would seem to be really beneficial. I'm guessing a lot of the fluffier articles are to get site traffic for less cost, and if they work then great, but it'd be great if ANN could get more technical articles on things. Cartoon Brew has way more editorials, interviews with people in the industry, etc. for instance. ANN comes off a bit dry and bloated when you have MAL's news section and the A.I.R (Anime Intelligence (and) Research) Twitter account doing a better job at anime releases and updates than ANN is. I really like the Callum May guest articles and miss the Answerman column a lot.

It's disappointing how much work fans are doing on the sidelines in like podcasts, blogs, anitube, etc. to talk about new and old anime in a deep fashion but for people to access it requires people actively seeking it out and random chance.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:06 am Reply with quote
Octulus wrote:
My only real advice/desire for the site is for there to be less fluff: less non-anime or non-manga stuff, less "this week in anime" posts, etc.

"This week in anime" gives me a good laugh - saying what one couldn't say in a serious review.

It would be good if there was somewhere on the internet that continued to review anime soundtracks - it's good to get an idea of what is good while the titles are still in print (e.g. I was able to get Gargantia anime including OVA's relatively recently but by then the OST was out of print).
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:40 am Reply with quote
Hi, the current survey seems to omit some things I would count as social media e.g.

Discord

Line

Twitch.tv

Youtube.com

twitcasting.tv

and more Japan-specific platforms:

Ameba

note.com
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2