• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spoilers in episode review postings

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So I'm looking down the homepage earlier today and see that both the thumbnail and description blurb for the most recent One Piece episode review blatantly spoil this big cliffhanger moment from the end of the previous episode. I'd think it goes without saying that those sorts of details should be kept off the main page, where people who may not have seen the episode yet can stumble across them without even going out of their way. I posted the same thing in the episode reviews, but this seemed a more appropriate place for it.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Hi there, I apologize if the recent One Piece episode picture/description spoiled the episode for you. I do try to avoid outright spoilers on the front page whenever possible. Sometimes it's difficult to catch when the editors (myself/Choo Sum) aren't watching the series and have to go by gut on what 'feels' like a big reveal or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:36 pm Reply with quote
For context, Kanjuro, the character depicted in the thumbnail and mentioned in the description, spoiler[was a traitor who was apparently killed by some of the protagonists in an episode a few months ago. At the end of last week's episode, Oden, a crucial character to the current arc whom we saw die in a flashback, apparently showed up alive and well.] Anyone watching the series who isn't a complete neophyte realized right away that something was up, but the reveal of exactly what was saved for this week's episode, and the front-page description spoils the big reveal. In any case, I appreciate the apology; it's hard enough to follow all the balls One Piece has in the air at any given time even if you are currently watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1