• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Feedback - Top News

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:45 pm Reply with quote
The new Top News is a pined section of the general news where a few articles stay permanently until unpinned.

My Feedback:

Positive:
- It enables highlighting of articles that can easily be skipped when you have too many articles on the top level Rotating News Highlight above that section.

Negative:
- It feels like a third wheel. Literally it is the third section of highlighted news after the Rotating News Highlight and the Side Bar.
- It disrupts the ordered feeling of the General News section of the site, as now a section of General News does not obey its date formatting.
- It pushes the ordered by date news further down the screen space.

This is feedback from my initial reaction to the feature. It was especially odd seeing articles I had previously read in the general news section turn up pinned the next morning. I respect that choices of site design shall be evaluated and iterated upon by your team members with web design expertise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1