• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is it possible to be an ANN subscriber currently?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:28 am Reply with quote
In January I received an email from Christopher Macdonald saying that the current Anime News Network subscription system was ending, but that existing subscriptions would be extended for 6 months. He said at the time that ANN was hoping to have a new subscription system in place at the end of those 6 months. It seems that the extra 6 months on my subscription have now run out. However, when I went to resubscribe, it didn't look like new subscription options were available. I was presented with the same options as before, and trying to subscribe resulted in an error message. I'd still like to be able to turn off ads and customize the way the site looks. Is there a way to subscribe currently, or is that not available right now?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:42 am Reply with quote
According to Dan, new subscriptions will be opening on July 1, this year.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! I look forward to being able to subscribe again.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey Calathan, sorry about the error message. Normally you would have been able to resubscribe when your subscription expired 1 week ago, but I didn't test enough and that error threw a wrench in the plans.

I've extended your subscription a little so you can renew now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for extending my subscription. I noticed on the subscription page that I could re-check the option to renew my subscription every year, but I didn't seem to be able to immediately purchase another year on my subscription. There was a link to change subscription plans, but all the options were listed as unavailable except the one I have now, and clicking that one didn't seem to be purchasing another year, but just confirming that I wanted to use my existing subscription. If I check the option to renew every year, will that work and renew my subscription when it runs out again?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
If I check the option to renew every year, will that work and renew my subscription when it runs out again?

Yes.
It's not possible to pre-purchase several years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1