• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who are the musicians behind Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad band original soundtrack?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnushUltra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:23 am Reply with quote
I watched this anime back in 2012 and for this anime I started playing guitar. I still love the OST of the anime, but I was never able to find who where the real musicians that play the original soundtrack. Can anybody help me find them? Specially, who plays Ryusuke Minami's guitar parts and solos? According to Wikipedia, the japanese band Beat Crusaders made "Hit in the USA" as the opening, but who did the rest of the songs such as Spice of Life? Thanks in advance everyone.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I was going to write a whole thing about how the ANN encyclopedia page for BECK would be a good start to investigate this but I think I found the answer through a quick Google search of the album/release.

A website credits these specific people:

Quote:
Bass, Vocals – Miya38
Drums, Vocals – Daigo (10)
Electric Guitar, Vocals – Sensho1500
Lyrics By – T. Ogawa*
Lyrics By, Music By – Typhoon24
Vocals – Kazuya Hirabayashi, Tatsuzo*

For future reference, you can try to identify the episode the music was played and see which artists are credited for those episodes. If you can find credits (not the opening credits) in the episode, try looking under "曲" (this is used for tracks) and see who is named there. If the song has lyrics, look under "歌" which would imply lyrics and the singer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1