• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Azuki, Dentsu Announce Enter the Garden Anime Anthology Series With 1st Part 'The Waiting Man'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikan-box Glasses-kun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:14 pm Reply with quote
BasouKazuma wrote:
I'm one of the founders of the Azuki manga app and I immediately let the other company know the day they announced their NFTs that the Azuki name conflicted with ours. At that point we had already announced and launched our manga app almost half a year prior so it was pretty easy to look up too. =\

Oh that sucks, and unfortunately I definitely was confused until the end of the article about the actual companies involved.
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:34 pm Reply with quote
BasouKazuma wrote:
Mikan-box Glasses-kun wrote:
SunflowerSamurai wrote:
snip

Protip: when you've just joined today and both of your only posts are vague, don't meaningfully address how this is any different from those other NFTs, and read like you're financially invested in the situation, it just makes it sound even more like a scam. (Also, personally, the fact the company didn't even bother to check whether there's another company with the same name in the anime and manga industry bugs the hell out of me.)

I'm one of the founders of the Azuki manga app and I immediately let the other company know the day they announced their NFTs that the Azuki name conflicted with ours. At that point we had already announced and launched our manga app almost half a year prior so it was pretty easy to look up too. =\

Thank you for your honest testimony friend. Like I said before, it sounded completely accidental. Once your presence was known to them I assume the wheels were already in motion for copyright / trademark. I hope it doesn’t sour your opinion too badly, because their anime anthology series sounds like it will be awesome.

Lord Geo wrote:
SunflowerSamurai wrote:
As far as the brand name goes, I don't believe there was any ill intention to undermine another entity using the name. From what I've heard, it was entirely accidental. Obviously the manga licensing company you are referring to did not create any restrictions for another brand to come in to copyright and trademark usage of the name. That's business I guess. But I definitely understand where you are coming from and empathize with that particular concern.

OK, so are you or are you not an employee of Chiru Labs, because if you aren't then how in the world would you know anything regarding the copyright situation of the term "Azuki"? At this point you are only coming off more & more sketchy, and if you had simply stated that you are a representative of Chiru Labs from the start then at least everything you're saying would have some context behind it.

Hi Geo, business copyright and trademark registration is 100% public information available for viewing on their relevant online government databases. Again, I have no affiliation with Chiru Labs.

Last edited by SunflowerSamurai on Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
THE DOG CATCHER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I usually don't chime in but something seems odd in this thread. The account that was made 24 hours ago is pushing hard for this. It also reads like it a script from some PR release and definitely not authentic at all.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:21 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
Oh. I was excited for this until I realised the company does NFTs........
A shame, the trailer is really cool.

This explains why their website is super stylish and really well-designed, but the "content" is creatively bankrupt. The lore behind all their media projects reads like an investor brochure rather than a piece of entertainment.

Only from the minds of an NFT salesman can someone try to market a IP about sentient beans lol. "Beanz" reminds me of those 25cent machine figures called "Homiez".
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:20 pm Reply with quote
THE DOG CATCHER wrote:
I usually don't chime in but something seems odd in this thread. The account that was made 24 hours ago is pushing hard for this. It also reads like it a script from some PR release and definitely not authentic at all.

It's not that deep my friend.

Yes I made an account specifically to talk about this. The only couple of comments on the thread, before my interjections, were people saying they won't watch "because NFTs". I simply wanted to chime in to make sure they understood that, besides being funded by and based off the NFT IP, the anime series itself has nothing to do with NFTs or web3. And therefore can be enjoyed as if it were any other series, and shouldn't be looked at any differently.

I'm a huge fan of the IP, so obviously I want to see the series succeed. What is unauthentic about that?

noblesse oblige wrote:
harminia wrote:
Oh. I was excited for this until I realised the company does NFTs........
A shame, the trailer is really cool.

Only from the minds of an NFT salesman can someone try to market a IP about sentient beans lol. "Beanz" reminds me of those 25cent machine figures called "Homiez".

Sorry to hear you feel that way. The beanz are actually my favorite part of the whole Chiru Labs/Azuki IP. Super unique compared to everything else in the anime industry. Yet very on-trend with the rise of chibi styles. Obviously azuki beans are red beans, so these sentient beans are also on-brand in that sense.

Not sure if you are familiar with Sanrio (creator of Hello Kitty) but their former CEO is Rehito Hatoyama, who is an official advisor to Chiru Labs (and ex-advisor to Pokemon). Line (the biggest messaging app in China) is also an official partner with Beanz. Hatoyama-san and Line clearly understand the vision and believe in Beanz enough to become partners. This proves how creative/unique the IP is and how much potential it has within the world of anime.

I encourage you look up Beanz on instagram. You will find really cute and relatable content. And the content has literally nothing to do with NFTs.

Many folks in this thread thinking too deeply about this. Just sit back and enjoy Very Happy

Last edited by SunflowerSamurai on Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 pm Reply with quote
SunflowerSamurai wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the IP, so obviously I want to see the series succeed. What is unauthentic about that?

You have to ask what's inauthentic about the sentence "I'm a huge fan of the intellectual property"? They don't train you enough. You talk exactly like a businessman selling products to other businessmen, not a human who authentically cares about anything; your praise of these "IPs" consists of them being "on-trend" or "on-brand" and having financial potential. Humans who actually care about art don't talk that way.
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
They don't train you enough. You talk exactly like a businessman selling products to other businessmen, not a human who authentically cares about anything

Friend, do you think someone on the payroll of a multi-million dollar company would be going out of their way to make these posts on the weekend? The professional world doesn't operate like that. And I am by no means a professional in this industry. I've been speaking as politely as possible on this board despite being poked from all angles. How would my responses be any different if I was an "authentically caring human" (according to you)? I love the lore, the characters, the aesthetic, the IP, and I hope to see it succeed. It's that simple. You don't need to be a businessman to wish for the success of others.

Arale Kurashiki wrote:
your praise of these "IPs" consists of them being "on-trend" or "on-brand" and having financial potential. Humans who actually care about art don't talk that way.

You are conflating two different posts of mine. In one post I mentioned that I was a fan of the IP - because that's all that really exists from Azuki so far - there is nothing but IP that really exists yet, along with some rare merch. The anime series, which is what they have been building towards, will finally begin at the end of the month. How could I have better phrased this?

And then in the other post I was defending Beanz specifically as "on-trend" and marketable because the poster I was replying to basically said it was a bad idea that reminded them of 25 cent toys. Lol I'm obviously coming from a place of passion, things like "on-trend" aren't important to me (or I wouldn't be here). I was clearly just defending the idea of Beanz. It's not that deep...
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:37 pm Reply with quote
So, my issue is: I hate NFTs. I think they're scummy for a number of reasons.
Even if the anime is separate to the NFTs, watching it still supports an NFT business. I do not want to support NFTs in any way if possible.
You can "Hi friend!" as much as you like but I don't think you're convincing anyone beyond those who were already mostly ok with NFT/web3.

noblesse oblige wrote:

It just makes me think of Mighty Beanz from the noughties.
Looks like the Azuki Beanz are just super simple lazy NFT bases lol

Also damn, yeah the Azuki thing confused me too. I thought maybe the manga app company had made something adapting one of their titles and was like "huh, neat" before I realised it was a different company.
AsleepBySunset

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:42 pm Reply with quote
My opinions on this flipflopped slightly... but yeah. The nft associations dulled my interest in this totally.

I'll be blunt. This looks like an absolutely generic "anime original". So many anime original stories follow the same... story/structure to a tee. Generally there's a ragtag group of characters, often adult characters, its hard to explain exactly, but if you've seen one you've seen a dozen. These were flaws I was half interested in looking past since at first I believed this was a passion project...

No, no. This isn't a passion project, this isn't artists "showing us their creative vision". It's NFT bros who are imitating making an anime... (Similarly, the style over substance might be forgivable if this were made by passionate people who wanted to show off what the animation medium can do...)

Sort of like a lot of OEL manga/anime. The creators have to spend all their energy imitating the trappings of anime/manga so that their work looks convincingly japanese, actual japanese authors don't have to do that since anything they draw is automatically 'anime/manga'... and then the oel author of course neglects to tell a compelling story.

And thats exactly what the creators of this have done, they are as far as I'm concerned more interested in the idea of having an anime, or the 'cultural capital' of having an anime tiein, than the storytelling aspects of anime. It honestly visually reminds me of dimension w, all style over substance, vaguely "cool" but in an "anime way".
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
So, my issue is: I hate NFTs. I think they're scummy for a number of reasons.
Even if the anime is separate to the NFTs, watching it still supports an NFT business. I do not want to support NFTs in any way if possible.
You can "Hi friend!" as much as you like but I don't think you're convincing anyone beyond those who were already mostly ok with NFT/web3.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. The main reason why I felt the need to interject in this thread was because it’s not the first time I’ve seen these statements. If you view Azuki content pretty much anywhere besides Twitter or their official website, you will inevitably see comments saying “looks cool, but they support NFTs - pass”.

I’ve asked folks on this thread to elaborate on their NFT criticism and they go radio silent. I would really appreciate a deeper understanding of why you hate NFTs. “I think they're scummy for a number of reasons.” Is vague and doesn’t tell me much about your experience. Most people who say these things don’t actually have experience, but base their skepticism off of things they’ve heard. I don't want to assume that, which is why I am asking you.

Chiru Labs is no different than any traditional tech startup really. They’ve received startup funds from investors and are building [whatever they said they would build] using those funds. Saying “all NFTs = bad”, is like saying “all tech startups = bad”. It’s the exact same model, just a different form of funding. And that's without mentioning how this style of funding could be an improvement from the outdated anime production committees that exist today, who are largely unethical.

I’m not trying to manipulate you into changing your feelings. I just want a better understanding of your feelings. Because nobody is giving me anything but blanket statements. I appreciate your time, I know it's probably annoying but I think it's an important part of the discussion. Or perhaps the most important part.
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 pm Reply with quote
AsleepBySunset wrote:
I'll be blunt. This looks like an absolutely generic "anime original". So many anime original stories follow the same... story/structure to a tee. Generally there's a ragtag group of characters, often adult characters, its hard to explain exactly, but if you've seen one you've seen a dozen.

Hey friend. Your comment is thoughtful and refreshing but I must respectfully agree to disagree on a number of things.

How exactly can you say something is “generic” based on such a vague trailer? Don’t you think you are putting the cart before the horse? I think if you look at the About page on their website, you will see a lot of interesting lore and IP that actually isn’t generic:

https://www.azuki.com/about

Granted, this first episode of the anthology trilogy will only be 5 minutes long, so I’m not not sure how “cutting edge” any anime can showcase in such a short period.

AsleepBySunset wrote:
These were flaws I was half interested in looking past since at first I believed this was a passion project... No, no. This isn't a passion project, this isn't artists "showing us their creative vision". It's NFT bros who are imitating making an anime... (Similarly, the style over substance might be forgivable if this were made by passionate people who wanted to show off what the animation medium can do...)

Sort of like a lot of OEL manga/anime. The creators have to spend all their energy imitating the trappings of anime/manga so that their work looks convincingly japanese, actual japanese authors don't have to do that since anything they draw is automatically 'anime/manga'... and then the oel author of course neglects to tell a compelling story.

And thats exactly what the creators of this have done, they are as far as I'm concerned more interested in the idea of having an anime, or the 'cultural capital' of having an anime tiein, than the storytelling aspects of anime. It honestly visually reminds me of dimension w, all style over substance, vaguely "cool" but in an "anime way".

How can you justify saying this isn’t a passion project? All major anime franchises cost a lot of money to produce and the goal of all of them is to make the money back tenfold. Despite this, there were obviously passionate creators helping to produce these projects along the way.

The “NFT bros” (your words, not mine) have nothing to do with the production process either, they've only hired passionate (Japanese) anime professionals with many years of experience in the industry. Believe it or not, these professionals are actually interested in Azuki because of the unique web3 aspect. And for the record, this NFT collection was actually designed by a group of passionate artists. There are thousands and thousands of amateur and serious visual artists in the world who looked to NFTs as an extra source of income. There is nothing inherently wrong with the tech. Think about how many people have used the internet in unethical ways, yet here we are posting on the internet. A few bad apples doesn't make an entire technology rotten.

I don’t know if you are familiar with, or saw my earlier comment describing, the outdated production committees that are used to fund and manage the majority of major anime productions today. They don’t make the process easy and they are 1000% guided by corporate greed. One of the most notorious things these committees are known for are the low paying wage standards set for artists in the industry. It’s largely unethical and an issue all anime fans should be aware of. Especially someone like you who is obviously passionate about the creative-side and seeking out equally ardent creators.

This new funding model disrupts all of that and is a breath of fresh air for this commercial industry. Here is a direct quote by Taniguchi-san about his excitement for producing this series:

“The way Japanese anime has been made until now has been a one-way flow, starting at the top with the original creator or manufacturer, then the production company, then the staff. I thought that the one-way flow could be replaced through the process of creating this project, which allows for horizontal cooperation among staff members, which is exactly what Web3 is all about.”

This is clearly a passionate, and well respected, man in the industry who is excited about producing anime in a completely new way.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:40 pm Reply with quote
SunflowerSamurai wrote:
snip

Don't think you'll change my mind but anyway. Here's some basic stuff.

The concept of NFTs just seems stupid to me. It's different to being the only person with the original copy of a painting. It's like having a print copy of the painting but saying you own it and it's yours, except anyone can also print off that copy and say the same (right click>safe).

bitcoin etc is bad for the environment. I know there's been improvements and a push for more enviro friendly stuff but not everyone is doing that, and it's still got issues.

NFTs just look like a dress up doll/picrew picture only people try to pretend they're cooler.

I think Azuki's whole world and community idea could've been cool without adding NFT to it. It's sad that fun community creation ideas get wrapped up in NFT etc. You also find a number of these NFT based projects die in the ass within a short time, which probably says something about their quality. Azuki may be different, and this proper attempt at anime seems an endeavour towards continued existence, but I wouldn't bet on it becoming big enough to last for a significant time.

I'm really not an NFT/web3 expert and some of my views may be a bit dated by now but regardless I do not have any interest in supporting NFTs.
Like, there's other stuff like the whole money laundering idea behind it all, and the insufferable attitude of a lot of NFTbros but I'm probably not knowledgable enough to go into that.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:56 pm Reply with quote
SunflowerSamurai wrote:
AsleepBySunset wrote:
I'll be blunt. This looks like an absolutely generic "anime original". So many anime original stories follow the same... story/structure to a tee. Generally there's a ragtag group of characters, often adult characters, its hard to explain exactly, but if you've seen one you've seen a dozen.

Hey friend. Your comment is thoughtful and refreshing but I must respectfully agree to disagree on a number of things.

How exactly can you say something is “generic” based on such a vague trailer? Don’t you think you are putting the cart before the horse? I think if you look at the About page on their website, you will see a lot of interesting lore and IP that actually isn’t generic:

https://www.azuki.com/about

Granted, this first episode of the anthology trilogy will only be 5 minutes long, so I’m not not sure how “cutting edge” any anime can showcase in such a short period.

AsleepBySunset wrote:
These were flaws I was half interested in looking past since at first I believed this was a passion project... No, no. This isn't a passion project, this isn't artists "showing us their creative vision". It's NFT bros who are imitating making an anime... (Similarly, the style over substance might be forgivable if this were made by passionate people who wanted to show off what the animation medium can do...)

How can you justify saying this isn’t a passion project? All major anime franchises cost a lot of money to produce and the goal of all of them is to make the money back tenfold. Despite this, there were obviously passionate creators helping to produce these projects along the way.

The “NFT bros” (your words, not mine) have nothing to do with the production process either, they've only hired passionate (Japanese) anime professionals with many years of experience in the industry. Believe it or not, these professionals are actually interested in Azuki because of the unique web3 aspect. And for the record, this NFT collection was actually designed by a group of passionate artists. There are thousands and thousands of amateur and serious visual artists in the world who looked to NFTs as an extra source of income. There is nothing inherently wrong with the tech. Think about how many people have used the internet in unethical ways, yet here we are posting on the internet. A few bad apples doesn't make an entire technology rotten.

I don’t know if you are familiar with, or saw my earlier comment describing, the outdated production committees that are used to fund and manage the majority of major anime productions today. They don’t make the process easy and they are 1000% guided by corporate greed. One of the most notorious things these committees are known for are the low paying wage standards set for artists in the industry. It’s largely unethical and an issue all anime fans should be aware of. Especially someone like you who is obviously passionate about the creative-side and seeking out equally ardent creators.

This new funding model disrupts all of that and is a breath of fresh air for this commercial industry. Here is a direct quote by Taniguchi-san about his excitement for producing this series:

“The way Japanese anime has been made until now has been a one-way flow, starting at the top with the original creator or manufacturer, then the production company, then the staff. I thought that the one-way flow could be replaced through the process of creating this project, which allows for horizontal cooperation among staff members, which is exactly what Web3 is all about.”

This is clearly a passionate, and well respected, man in the industry who is excited about producing anime in a completely new way.

Yeah man, the repeated posts of the same Corpo Shill Speak are really beating the allegations. You want to know how everyone can see directly through you? Because no one that actually gave a shit about this project would care about any of the details you keep harping on. No one is simply a "fan of the IP" of an IP that doesn't even exist yet. Especially a "fan" so dedicated they supposedly take the time to look into the trademark status of stealing another company's name, which apparently is something you declare so easy to do yet this Fabulous New Company couldn't bother to before making a confusing situation. Unless the goal is to be as confusing as possible and trade off others' legitimacy in order to hock worthless NFTs. But who would ever do that? Surely not such a reputable company as this that has done nothing but join in on scam market opportunities! Very cool that you assure us that they're blazing a proud new financing trail that solves the ethical problems of production committees by instead adding yet another layer of useless bullshit so that people can throw money into an empty pit with even less oversight and reliability!

I do believe you aren't being paid though! These kinds of projects rely on gullible idiots to fill the web with lame ass manager speak responses with the idea that eventually they won't be the ones holding an empty bag. That surely they didn't do the equivalent of setting a stack of cash on fire for a literal jpeg that anyone can save to disk. But hey, that market has already completely cratered and all the grifters that were involved with it have moved onto AI scams. But by all means, continue to roll in shit and then assure us you don't smell of it as you fling it on the walls here, but don't be surprised when everyone easily deduces that you're still full of it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:38 pm Reply with quote
ATastySub wrote:

I do believe you aren't being paid though! These kinds of projects rely on gullible idiots to fill the web with lame ass manager speak responses with the idea that eventually they won't be the ones holding an empty bag. That surely they didn't do the equivalent of setting a stack of cash on fire for a literal jpeg that anyone can save to disk. But hey, that market has already completely cratered and all the grifters that were involved with it have moved onto AI scams. But by all means, continue to roll in shit and then assure us you don't smell of it as you fling it on the walls here, but don't be surprised when everyone easily deduces that you're still full of it.

(bold added by me)

This is the crux of it. I 100% truthfully believe SunflowerSamurai doesn't work for Chiru in any capacity. But token holders still have a vested interest in the success of projects like this, hoping that will increase the value of their tokens (and even moreso considering how NFT worth has generally plummetted to nothingness in the past year). You can see pretty much all the comments in the youtube video and the twitter announcement are NFT pfps and "torii gate emoji +IKZ" which obviously is a reference to their tokens.

A funny thing about NFTs is that, by design, the tokens have publicly available records of every transaction they are part of. So I took a peek at Azuki tokens and, as you can imagine, it's a bunch of images with randomly generated assets (at least they're not utterly ¿repulsive like other collections, but that's about the only nice thing i can say about them) But of course the true fun is looking at the sales history of the tokens and seeing how their market worth has fallen between 50% to 90% lower than their peak, around two years ago. So if you're wondering why token holders are so "invested in the IP" and so gung-ho about promoting it... well, there's your why.

Since we're here I'd reccommend anyone who hasn't to check out Dan Olson's youtube documentary on NFTs, for a very deep cut on everything that doesn't work about them and the crypto bros that are now desperately trying to not be the biggest loser in these schemes

On a different note, it's really incredible to see this company claim it's run by passionate anime fans trying to shake up the industry, whilst very proudly showcasing how little the project leaders even knew about the industry before dipping into it that they didn't even bother to check if their company name was already being used, or they knew about it and didn't care.
SunflowerSamurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:49 am Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
The concept of NFTs just seems stupid to me. It's different to being the only person with the original copy of a painting. It's like having a print copy of the painting but saying you own it and it's yours, except anyone can also print off that copy and say the same (right click>safe).

Appreciate you taking the time to elaborate more. I see what you're saying about NFTs feeling a bit abstract compared to physical ownership. It's true that anyone can copy a digital file, but owning an NFT is more about the digital rights, digital identity and verified ownership that blockchain technology enables, rather than the file itself.

The whole "right click > save" mantra makes little sense when parameters are in place to verify digital ownership. Right now this tech is in its infancy, so we have mostly just seen "small brain" use-cases thus far. Azuki is one of the few experimenting in interesting ways. Just one example, owners of an Azuki NFT are able to audition their character to actually be in the anime. Chiru Labs pays you a licensing fee for the usage rights for your IP (because you are the sole owner). This is verified through the blockchain, so as good as a meme as "right click > save" is, it's not relevant. To reiterate, the art behind an NFT isn't really important. What is important is what your ownership of the NFT unlocks.

Does that make sense? I can still understand how you could consider this tech "stupid" still, since no massive use cases probably affect you or anyone you know. But as we (as a society) increasingly become more of a technocracy, digital identity and digital ownership will become more relevant in the near future. So you simply being indifferent from that aspect, I can understand. But "hating" the tech doesn't really sound justified.

harminia wrote:
bitcoin etc is bad for the environment. I know there's been improvements and a push for more enviro friendly stuff but not everyone is doing that, and it's still got issues.

I also empathize with the environmental concerns you have. As far as bitcoin goes, 40-60% (depending on your source) of mining is actually done through renewable energy sources. Ethereum (the network NFT collections like Azuki run on) recently had an upgrade that brought down its energy consumption by a whopping 99.95%. There has already been so much improvement in environmental impact in these past few years. I'm really looking forward to seeing how well it scales in another few years. Right now the biggest consumer, Bitcoin, consumes by far the most with ~90 terawatt-hours per year or 0.052% of the total global energy consumption annually.

Have you ever given thought to how much energy consumption the banking sector has? Data centers? Telecommunications? Gaming? I chose these sectors because they all overlap with crypto and blockchain - they consume ~750 terawatt-hours or 0.4% of the total global energy consumption annually. Are they likely to scale down in the way crypto / blockchain can? If you have any understanding of corporate / government infrastructure, the answer is no. Is the 0.05% of Bitcoin really as much of an environmental concern as we are made to believe? Especially when half of that comes from renewable energy? Advocates for the tech, like myself, would say that it's actually an environmental upgrade compared to the systems already in place.

harminia wrote:

I think Azuki's whole world and community idea could've been cool without adding NFT to it. It's sad that fun community creation ideas get wrapped up in NFT etc.

Without NFTs, Azuki, and the diehard community that has grown around it, would never exist. The NFTs don't undermine the anime in any way.

harminia wrote:
There's other stuff like the whole money laundering idea behind it all, and the insufferable attitude of a lot of NFTbros but I'm probably not knowledgable enough to go into that.

Unfortunately, money laundering happens in every industry and started more than half a century before crypto and NFTs were even a possibility. Any company could be laundering money and we would be none the wiser as consumers. Chiru Labs, Inc is an incorporated tax-paying company. That is the beauty of blockchain - it's traceable. All the funds that Chiru made from the Azuki NFTs can be tracked publicly. You can see what allocation was sent to what account at what time. Although this is not just unique to Azuki.

The "NFT bros" are also unfortunate to deal with. But for every one of them, you probably have at least 5 people passionate about the technology. I feel your pain about how annoying these pump and dump "I will do anything to make a buck" folks are. It's always the loud minority who turn people off to most things.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to shill crypto or NFTs to anyone. This is strictly an educational piece where I have presented facts about a confusing industry where a lot of misinformation exists. Ultimately I just want people to enjoy the series without the discrimination that has been present.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4