• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Keanu Reeves Joins Live-Action Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Film as Shadow

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meexa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I wonder if there will be backlash similar to Chris Pratt being the voice of Mario.

Are you saying I was one of the few people who was satisfied with his voice acting?
Avec ou Nous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
I wonder if there will be backlash similar to Chris Pratt being the voice of Mario.

I thought it was pretty clear the backlash to Pratt had nothing to do with replacing an established video game voice actor given no one cared about the other celebrity casting in the same movie. I doubt Keanu will get any outside maybe a few people who genuinely do care about voice actors getting the shaft and don't just have a specific bone to pick with a specific actor.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Keanu Reeves is a known quantity as a voice actor and is good at it. Chris-chan wasn´t and isn´t.
The Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures producers had the ball to fire him and Alex Winter from that cartoon for S2 in a stunt to promote the live-action shot that only lasted 7 episodes and get those actors instead. Legendary stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Meexa wrote:
Heishi wrote:

Are you saying I was one of the few people who was satisfied with his voice acting?

I'm part of that few, actually and I won't apologize for that! Yeah, I'm aware of the issues people have with Chris in terms of his ties with a particular church, but I didn't let that bother me. I liked his performance, overall. Another different take on Mario, but another good one nonetheless.

I'm sure Keanu will do good too, even if people like to make fun of his acting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2