• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuroshitsuji manga licensed by Yen Press

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese cover of the August issue of Yen Plus reveals that Yen Press has licensed Kuroshitsuji by Yana Toboso. The manga starts its serialization in Yen Plus in the August issue under the English title Black Butler.
Blackpeppir

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Yay, now I finally have a solid reason to subscribe to it. I picked up an issue a couple of months back when Jump irritated me and I enjoyed the manga in it enough to go back and read the scanslations online and I've stayed up to date with some of them since then but now that Kuroshitsuji is being thrown into the mix I've finally got a deciding factor to make me subscribe. I mean, I'm a guy and Sebastian even makes me sqee occasionally, all be it rarely. Can't wait for the individual volumes to start being released and now there's a better chance of a domestic release of the anime as well. Hoorah for thinly veiled homosexual overtones!
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Although I won't be subscribing to a monthly manga anthology for just one series, I will be interested if this means Kuroshitsuji will be released in tankoubon form. I've been stalled at about halfway through the fansubbed anime for quite a while now (my preferred fansubbing group seems to have dropped it) but I'd been enjoying it quite a lot so far. Since I've heard others say the anime is nowhere near as good as the manga, I'd like to check it out. That (book-form) would probably be a while in the making, though.

P.S. On a side note, I'm also waiting for the live musical version to make the fansub rounds. Part of me thinks it sounds absolutely ridiculous yet I'll probably still watch it, given the chance (here's the actors' photoshoot).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1