• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lost access to Community forums

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batou37

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I was previously able to post in the community forums, but now when I try to access it I get a "need special permission" message. I looked through the rules and didn't see that anything had changed. I'm logged in under my username (obviously since I am posting this) and I even have donated in the past when ANN was raising money for the new server. I also no longer get the www.fast.animenewsnetwork.com (or whatever it was that changed servers when I signed in like I used to.) Was that usergroup level cleaned out and now you need a mod's permission before you can access it? What about the faster server that I donated towards? Am I still on that but it no longer differentiates between it and the standard one?
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
Are you sure your subscription just hasn't run out? They last for a certain amount of time, depending on what you paid.

The donation for the new server was just that -- a donation. It doesn't entitle anyone to any special privileges.

To check your subscription, go to the "my ANN" tab at the top of the page and click on "subscription". Down at the bottom of that page it should tell you how much time is left on your subscription if it has not run out yet.
batou37

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Looks like that was it. Another year subscription for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1