• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Shelf Life: Band of Brothers" Article Corrections

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
th3m0vingshad0w

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
Hey, not sure if I'm going about this the right way but just a few errors I want to point out real quick.

In the FMA:Bros section it was stated that:

Quote:
Their failure cost Ed a leg and Al his body.

Nothing serious here but it actually was both Ed's leg and arm. Again not a serious dilemma but just wanted to point it out.

Also in the Soul Eater section it was stated that:

Quote:
It also happens that the madness living in Maka's head (think Herman's Head) takes on a devil-form and occupies a room suspiciously similar to the Red Room in Twin Peaks.

Now this one is a bit more concerning since it's a crucial point in the story. The madness actually manifests itself in Soul's head not Maka's.

Neither of these is too serious but just a note.

Also I have to make one quick little complaint

In the Kenichi section:

Quote:
I've only been watching this show since Kenichi became mighty. I missed the first set, where he's still a weakling and they introduce his six martial arts coaches. I feel like I missed the meat of the series and now Kenichi is just going around being mighty.

Nothing against the author but honestly if you're going to review a continuation of a series it would make sense to at least know something of the 1st part, right? Kenichi's beginnings is what shapes him into the fighter that he is. Being such a weakling that could do nothing before, he struggles and trains to protect those that he could not before. I just don't think you can give just jurisdiction on top of things you don't fully know.

Whenever I want to reivew an anime I make sure I always start from the beginning of the series or franchise.

And just on a personal note. I consider the Excalibur scenes in Soul Eater some of the most pointless episodes of all times. The author stated that Soul Eater had barley any fillers but the Excalibur episodes count enough for me to consider fillers in the series (but that's more personal opinion then anything).

Sorry to complain so much! I don't have anything against Erin (the author), I enjoy the Shelf Life articles and I look forward to new posts.

Thanks!
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 am Reply with quote
th3m0vingshad0w wrote:
In the FMA:Bros section it was stated that:

Quote:
Their failure cost Ed a leg and Al his body.

Nothing serious here but it actually was both Ed's leg and arm. Again not a serious dilemma but just wanted to point it out.

Actually, the text is correct. In the Shelf Life article, Erin refers to the Elric brothers' attempt to resurrect their mother, then notes the costs of that failure. The price, as listed, is correct. Ed's other lost limb is the equivalent exchange for a different purchase: Al's return in disembodied form, affixed to the armour. So Erin was right.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
th3m0vingshad0w

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Touche. Didn't even realize it. But very good point. My fault on that one folks!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
th3m0vingshad0w wrote:
Touche. Didn't even realize it. But very good point. My fault on that one folks!

However, I do agree with you on the Kenichi part. You really can't judge most (not all) anime series by watching later episodes first. Starting from the beginning is the best course of action when starting a new series.

That would make as much sense as watching Dragon Ball GT before Dragon Ball. Wouldn't make any sense at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1