• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
To JuniorMintKiss

Hey cool, I'm left-handed too! Smile
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
RapidEyeMovement wrote:
To JuniorMintKiss

Hey cool, I'm left-handed too! Smile

Lefties Unite! International Left-Hander's Day is on August 13th!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
Very Happy
diomedes21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
greetings ANN the tag is diomedes, dio is fine Anime hyper

been looking for an anime site with a high popularity and one with an overall lean towards intelligent discussions

my favorite 10 anime are as follows

kemono shoujo erin
haibane renmei
scrapped princess
baccano
simoun
victorian romance: emma
hellsing OVA
itazura na kiss
claymore
magical girl lyrical nanoha (all 3 seasons)
Nick Hobbs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
After browsing for quite some time, I decided I should finally just sign up, just in case I ever decide to actually comment on something. As you can see from the username, my name is Nick. I'm currently attending college, majoring in English (Film Concentration) and Communications (Media Productions Concentration). I'm a reporter/blogger at toonzone.net, perhaps you have read a review of mine.

Other than that there isn't too much to say. I'm not so sure I have one particular favorite show, but Lelouch is my favorite character.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 pm Reply with quote
@Nick Hobbs:

Welcome to the forums! Very Happy
Sailorjupiter222

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Nosferatu21 wrote:
Sailorjupiter222 wrote:

OMG IM FROM MENTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually in town for a couple days for Christmas. It's nice to be back. No school, no work, and all play. Plus all my old high school friends are back in town too so I've pretty much been at the bar the last 3 nights Smile Next 2 days will be spent with the family though. You have any fun holiday plans?

cool(sorry for the late reply)
wanna be friends?
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Sailorjupiter222 wrote:

cool(sorry for the late reply)
wanna be friends?

Sure. I look forward to talking to you here in the various threads Very Happy If you have any questions for me or want to chat send me a pm(located at the bottom of the post next to profile).
Otaku Rice Ball

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I come here alot so I decided to go ahead and join.

Name: Otaku Rice Ball
Sex: Male
Martial status: Single
Blood type: ?
Drink/Smoke: No and don't plan to.
Pets: 1 Guinea pig.
Job: No but I need to get one so I can get more anime stuff.

Likes: Anime, Manga, Drawing, Videp games, Japnese Music, Collecting anime merchandise.

Dislikes: Spending money on things I don't want to buy but need to.

Favorite anime: Toradora, K-on, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, Inuyasha.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Almost any kind of tea

Favorite food: Shrimp fried rice, Orange chicken with steamed rice, choco cornet.

Hobbies: Waching anime, Playing video games, Drawing, Buying anime stuff,

Fun facts about Otaku Rice Ball: Once at an anime convention I battled a pretty girl in a hand waving contest, It started at 12:00 am and ended at 5:00 am and I was wearing a mask the whole time and didn't say a word even at the end.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I have been an anime fan for 10+ years now, which is still "green" by many a fan's standards. I defended my dissertation on anime fandom as an informal educational agency in November 2008. I had a lot of fun interviewing fans, taking notes at anime clubs, and going to a fair number of cons to collect data. I still want to turn my dissertation into a book, but other projects keep getting in the way of that. The determination is still there, though.

Currently I serve as an assistant professor of education at Gainesville State College in Watkinsville, GA, now in my second year. I'm also the staff advisor of UGAnime, the University of Georgia's anime club. There I also founded and run the club's weekly Mikage Seminar for Critical Media Analysis (yes, the name was Utena-inspired; it's my favorite anime title). Basically, we go over the notes that I took during our anime viewings to discuss shows from a literary, sociological, historical, or otherwise scholarly perspective. I'm very thankful to have fellow fans who are willing to participate in a seminar about anime when they have so many other commitments.

In addition, I also have a great group of friends who meet together at someone's house semi-regularly for "shoujo night". We've been doing this off-and-on since 2005, and I've gotten acquainted with several favorites that I otherwise wouldn't have. Magic Knight Rayearth, Bokura ga Ita, NANA, and even something more light-hearted like Gakuen Alice are some of those titles I came to enjoy.

I wanted to become a somewhat more active participant on this forum, so I made it a point to register an account on New Year's Day to give 1/1/11 a nice start.

EDIT: In case anyone's curious, Miyazawa is my first avatar since Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou was one of the first anime series that I watched start to finish. Despite the declining production values towards the end, I still consider it a great shoujo title from the late 1990s.
ryuzakikouta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Name : ryuzakikouta (not from Japan)
Sex : Male (still single Wink )
Occupation : still studying in teacher training institute (future
teacher)
Hobby : traveling, especially to countryside and village, gain
different experience.
Interest : anime, manga, figures, culture
favorite anime: kampfer, Fate Stay night, Phantom: requiem for the
phantom, Sekirei (my top 4 repeatedly watched anime)
Hope : Make new friend and enjoy life.
simmeh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Copied and pasted from the first post...

Name: Ben
Blood Type: O Positive
Location: Various changing places in Canada. Will be in St. Jean, Quebec for 10 weeks, then in Victoria BC for 5 months, and then Halifax for an indeterminate amount of time and then...
Marital Status: Single
Ethnicity:Canadian. Like, really far back Canadian on my mom's side. Dad's parents are landed Dutch immigrants.
Religion: I identify myself as Protestant but it's more complicated than that
Pets: Nope
Drink/Smoke: Teetotaller
Likes: Discussions about nerd meta-culture, accomplishing goals, effective teamwork
Dislikes: Failure, awkward conversations with strangers, both general and focused stupidity
Favorite anime: Baccano!, Black Lagoon, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Crest/Banner of the Stars
Favorite Manga (Light novels): I've not read enough to really develop any opinions
Favorite Books: The Anvil of the World by Kage Baker, Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller, anything by Terry Pratchett
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Civilization II, Final Fantasy Tactics, Super Smash Bros., most Zelda and Fire Emblem games
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Hockey Night in Canada, Toy Story, Starship Troopers, Zombieland
Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Nope
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Orange juice, no pulp
Favorite Foods: Chicken + pasta
Favorite Sites: The Escapist, Speed Demos Archive, Penny Arcade
Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey
Favorite Sport (to play): Badminton
Favorite Music: I am that one-in-a-million guys who doesn't listen to music
Job: Naval Combat Systems Engineer for the Canadian Navy (in training still)
Hobbies: Gaming of all sorts (video games, board games, card games, D&D), watching anime and movies, discussing the meta-culture of said hobbies.
Fun facts about simmeh:
I hold a world record for playing a video game (Ogre Battle 64) fast
I was once a carnival worker
I once lived in a forest
Favorite Quotes:
"TC stands for terrible child, which your parents think you are. You are also adopted."

"Question: What is the best way to tell someone how much they mean to you?
Answer: Get your friend to tell them, then die doing something manly like fighting a bear."

"I said, 'I wanna marry your daughter when I get some money', and he gave me twenty dollars."

---

All that said, I have a question. I did read "Teh Rules" and some other topics, but I didn't really get a straight answer:

What exactly are the rules concerning 'necroposting' here? I want to post in this topic instead of creating a new one, but it's definitely not in the first few pages of the forum, even though it's last post is fairly recent compared to some other topics. I'm not big into making new topics, and I'd rather post in an old one, but I've been burned for necroposting on other sites before.

Last edited by simmeh on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 am Reply with quote
@simmeh:
Ask, and ye shall be answered.
  • First of all, Welcome to the Forums!
  • Please check out this thread.

NOTE TO Tony_K.:
I told you that this issue would come up.
ghost of batou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I have been a site visitor for years, and now i will finally register.
Name: Igor
Martial status: Single
Blood type: B +/-
Drink/Smoke: Nope
Pets: 3 cats
Job: working in to

Likes: Anime,movies, games, racing, playing guitar, cameras
Dislikes: people who assume first and listen second.

Favorite anime: The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, EVA, When they cry, Elfen Lied, Monster, Ghost in the shell, Clannad, Deathnote, Welcome to nhk, and many more!!!!!

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee, juice, shakes
Tsukiyomi91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quote
hello to fellow ANN members~ my friends call me Tsuki, though it's Tsukiyomi...

Date of Birth: 12th March 1991

Occupation: no, but currently a IT student in UCSI University, KL, Malaysia.

Hobby: read mangas, light novels, collect figurines (PVC scale ones,
figmas, nendo petit sets & non-scale PVC), play games & watch anime TV series + movie.

Currently Watching: MM!, Sekirei: Pure Engagement, Shin Koihime Musou, Evangelion 1.11 & Evangelion 2.22, Kampfer, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Asobi ni Ikuyo! & Kaichou wa Meido-sama.

Currently playing games: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Vanguard Princess & Shuffle!

Currently reading mangas: Rosario+Vampire Season 2 Vol.1~4

Newly collected figurines: Megurine Luka figma from Vocaloid, Deadmaster figma from BRS, Seena Kanon 1/7 scale PVC from Shining Wind, Misaka Mikoto 1/8 scale PVC from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Xecty E.V.E 1/8 scale PVC from Shining Wind & Tsukishiro Miina 1/8 scale PVC from Getsumen To Heiki Miina (considered ultra rare in Malaysia & certain country...)

I wish I could type more, but I'm running out of space here... =P anyways, here's it~ ^^

Tsuki~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 122 of 233