• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echø

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
Do I have to write a book about myself?? Shocked

Well I'll be a little les wall-of-text and a little more to the point... my real name is Kyle, I'm 18 and I love manga.

I'm actually an avid fan of not only manga but also anime, video games, soccer, basketball, football, parkour, movies and music. I try to have an even balance between physical prowess and mental capacity but it doesn't always work out that way haha.

I'm into the whole "dark" thing that seems to have, in the last decade, spiralled out of control to this huge thing that everyone wants to do and everything should be dark or gothic or whatever, but really it takes skill to have something be done dark and well done.

Some of my favorite things(in general to give you an idea of who I am): Fight Club. Biomega. Dead Space. Christopher Nolan. Three Days Grace. Gotcha Force. Crash Bandicoot. My church. My friends. Chameleons. My sister. Naruto(manga only please). Dragonball. Cloverfield. Star Wars Clone Wars miniseries. Samurai jack.

There ya go. Thats me in a nutshell. I hope you all are welcoming and I enjoy my stay here Smile
Thorn of Camorr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Echø wrote:

Some of my favorite things(in general to give you an idea of who I am): Fight Club.

Sir, you have just broken the first and second rule about Fight Club: Do not talk about Fight Club! Someone will be around shortly to take that which you hold most dear Very Happy
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Name: Forum name CrisGer, my real name is Chris or Cris

Sex: Male

Profession: I am a professional Artist of some 40 years, a painter,also have done other forms of art, and am currently learning manga, and anime which brought me here.

Location: Small town in South west Colorado and Santa Barbara, CA

Marital Status: Divorced

Ethnicity:Austrian, German and English

Religion: Zen

Pets: Ghost of my cat Max

Drink/Smoke: No not much, except Sake during GO, and no

Likes: art and creative work of all kinds, Anime, Manga, Even some Cosplay in various kinds, books, history, archaeology, 3D Worlds and game design, paradox, romance, and hopes and dreams, beauty, grace and fun.

Dislikes: Out of the Blue plot changes, Super powerful villans who magically take control of important characters because the writers could not come up with better ideas for transitions, squeaky girly voiced characters either male (Nergima) or female (Tessa in FMP), violence with no purpose, and cancelled series and or no completion of series that deserve them.

Favorite Full Metal Panic all of it, Black Lagoon, Last Exile, Moribito, Code Geass, Genshiken, both seasons

Favorite Manga: FMP, dont know much else yet.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings, (NOT the movies), C.S. Lewis, The Master of Go, The Tale of Genji, The Heiki Story, Shogun, the 11th edition of the Encyclopedia of Britannica, Wind in the Willows, the Swallows and Amazons series, A Moveable Feast, War and Peace, Prince Otto, Kidnapped, most of Jack Vance.

Favorite game: Oblvion, Anachronox, Omikiron Nomad Soul, Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, the Sakura Family, Morrowind

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Bleach, Inyuasha, Masterpiece Theatre reruns, esp Inspector Lewis, Inspector Morse, Miss Marple, NCIS, Stargate, The New Leaf, the Maltese Falcon, To Have and To Have Not, The Seven Samurai, Millenium Actress, Porco Rosso, Laputa, Island in the Sky, all of the Lupin III moives, Appleseed Deus Ex Machina, The Wings Of Honneamise

Favorite Drink: Sake, good sake esp.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Grape Juice, Chai Tea, Green Tea, Hot Cocca

Favorite Foods:Miso and Rice for Breakfast, Sashimi or Sushi with any meal, Salad

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork so far, need to learn more of the good anime sites.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football (NOT american football), rowing, sailing.

Favorite Sport (to play):Swimming Walking, hiking, walking on the beach, body surfing, horseback riding, sailing, rowing

Favorite Music: Mozart, 1940s popular, 1930s popular Japanese, Celtic music esp irish pipes

Job: Artist and Research -Study of Modern Visual Culture (Anime, Manga, 3D worlds and games)

Hobbies: Video games and game design, 3D art, Manga and anime creation, sims of various kinds usually forms of transport, reading, social and ecology research and publishing, editing books, playing music.

Fun facts about me

I found the internet, virtual worlds and computers late in my own life, about 12 years ago..and have spent a LOT of time catching up. I find modern visual modes very intriguing and work to expand what we have and to learn about some of the amazing parts of it including Anime which is also a recent discovery for me.

I have been very limited for 8 years due to medical challenges so have had time to study anime and other things a lot, catching up and really enjoying it all.

Favorite Quotes: Why Not?

Capre Diem

Kaname - Souske how CAN you be so Stupid!

My first glimpse of Anime was a bit of Gundam 00 second season towrds the very end on a late night TV channel, after that, Moribito and Code Geass and i was hooked. It has taken years since then to catch up a bit, and I watch about 5 or 6 hours of anime a day if i can currently and have worked thru some of the major series including all of Bleach, InuYasha, and some of the major ones of the main genre over the past year....still have a LOT to learn but i have gradually slipped into being, for lack of a better work, otaku in my outlook, if not in my lifestyle, at least not completely. I look forward very much to being here as this forum and site has some of the best info on things current and happening which is a great interest of mine as I care a lot about the current and future state of anime. I think it is an amazing universe and deserves every support. I also hope to share and exchange ideas and discussion and research about series and individual titles with collegues who enjoy the same thing.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
@CrisGer A.A.,

From one 50-something to another - welcome. I enjoyed looking at your website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi there errinundra, thanks, nice to meet a fellow 'elder' - you can call me just Cris Smile the CrisGer happened when i was trying to figure out my first forum nick years ago and just kinda stuck.

and thanks re the site, i have been fortunate to have something to do for work that is fun to share, and it led me here which is even better, for really for a visual person like me to find anime is like Christmas, New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving, Showa Day, Golden Week, and more.

It is great to find such amazing work in so many genres...and also great to find a site, forum and niche of the community here that is really tuned into what is happening with anime today. thanks again for the welcome in.
Lucky_Smrt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote
Ok, kinda new here, just joined...so lets begin Smile

Name: Lazarus

Relationship status: Single

Ethnicity: Serb

Religion: Christian Orthodox

Drinks/Smoke: I rarely drink, only in company. I DO NOT smoke. And will not. Ever.

Likes: RTS games, RPG video games, music (a lot), reading books, walking, anime (LOL xD), manga, comics (it isn't the same) and etc...

Dislikes: Turbo Folk music. You should hear it. It hurts xD
Jokes aside, i really can't think of anything that i really don't like now...I am kinda open-minded to almost anything that's rational.

Favorite Anime: Death Note, Monster, Phantom, Requiem for the Phantom, Bleach, Blood+, Claymore.

Favorite Manga: I read only Bleach manga.

Favorite Books: I will mention only gernes here: Thriller, Detecctive, Action, Horror, Pscychological.

Favorite games: Starcraft, Diablo, Legacy of Kain

Favorite music: Gothic Metal, Metalcore, Alternative Metal/Rock

Hobbies: Video games, comics, anime, writing.

Fun facts: I'm a geek, creepy and socially withdrawn, so how fun is that? Very Happy

So, nice to meet ya all Smile
Jers3YCense45

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
Name: Matthew Sean (part real/part fake) call me Matt

Blood Type: B Pos

Location: Originally from New Jersey, now living in Texas but for the moment deployed to Iraq.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: German, English, Scottish, Dutch, Irish, and have been told a little Native American too but I don't see it.

Religion: Methodist Protestant (non practicing. sometimes i go to church but thats once in a blue moon and its not a Methodist church anyway.)

Pets: Nope, wish I had one.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke

Likes: Basketball, movies, billiards (8-Ball,9-Ball), reading, running, working out, hanging out with friends, Zune (no iPod for me), music, anime, socially drinking and trying to pick up chicks, Xbox 360, politics news, economist Ludwig Von Mises

Dislikes: People who look down on me like their better than me. I show you respect, please show me respect.

Favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop, .hack//sign, Trigun, Star Ocean EX, The Boondocks, Armitage III, FLCL, Gun X Sword, Shinguru: Death Frenzy, Samurai Champloo, Memories, Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite Manga: Now please don't hate me but I've never really got into manga. I've read some Cowboy Bebop and Trigun mangas but I really never got into it. If you could recommend any good ones for beginners, by all means. I don't mind looking into new things.

Favorite Books: Alaska, The Covenant, Liberty and Tyranny, Dark Tower books, Shutter Island, End the Fed,

Favorite game: Star Ocean 2: The Second Story, Dragon Warrior VII, Final Fantasy IX, Puzzle Quest, Mass Effect, Punch Out!, Destruction Derby 2, Resident Evil 2

Favorite TV shows: Sportscenter, The Shield, Bones, Leverage, X-Files,

Favorite Movies: The Shawshank Redemption, Wall-E, The Dark Knight, Moon,

Favorite Drink: Screwdriver

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water, orange juice

Favorite Foods: Pizza, anything Italian, Chinese, Wings, Breakfast

Favorite Sites: animenewsnetwork.com, newsbusters.org, mises,org, cnet,com, fanfiction.net, notalwaysright.com, gametrailers,com, snafu-comics.com,

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, Basketball, UFC,

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball

Favorite Music: The Game, Q-Tip, The Mercies, Adele, Artic Monkeys, Boxcar Racer, Bubba Sparxxx, Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Chali 2na, Duffy, Etta James, Frank Sinatra, Flyleaf, Erykah Badu, Evanescene, Flobots, Gorillaz, Jay-Z, Johnny Cash, Wolfmother, Sun Kil Moon, Stone Mecca, Royce da 5 9, The Roots and Patrick Park. Some of my favorites.

Job: US Army

Hobbies: Writing short stories, board games, reading up on politics, barhopping, etc

Fun facts about Matt:
Arrow Drives one of the last Pontiac's made 2009 G5
Arrow Broke his wrist in 4th grade summer day camp
Arrow Was screwed out of going to Colombia
Arrow Favorite teams are: New Jersey Nets, New Jersey Devils, New York Jets, Philadelphia Phillies. College teams are Villanova and Rutgers.

Favorite Quotes:
Ludwig von Mises "There is no remedy for the inefficiency of public management."

James Michener "America is a nation with many flaws, but hopes so vast that only the cowardly would refuse to acknowledge them."

Clint Eastwood "Criticism is nothing more than other people's opinion."

Paulo Cuelo "But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for."

Pictures: I do not have any pictures at the moment, I do not know excatly to upload them.

Well thats my introduction, I hope to meet some nice people here. Smile
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Hi and welcome Jers3YCense45, I am brand new here too. Good to have you with us. Re pictures, you can get a free account at ImageShack and that will allow you to upload pics and then you just use the IP address of the picture, you can get a link thru their site or by right clicking on the pic and looking at the properties and then you post the link and high light it and use the Img button above the posting window.

Glad to have you with us, take care over there and thanks for the service. Much appreciated.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am Reply with quote
Not really an introduction as more of a "Hi I'm bac" post. My intro is actually back on page 5 lol. Yea...that long ago heh. Actually my ORIGINAL intro is in a thread long gone but I digress heh. Been gone for a few months dealing with personal issues. Had to get a new job, deal with family issues including my father's bad health, and roommate issues. All of it, especially looking for a new job, took precedent over anime so I stopped watching it for the most part. Also gave up much of my online social networking as well. Got most of the family stuff dealt with (as much as possible anyways) and a new job (not what I wanted but it pays the bills) so I figured I could reward myself with getting back into watching anime and posting here. So hi....again heh.
Aman_Amarth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Name: Rosa

Sex: female

Blood Type: no clue

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:Maltese Canadian.

Religion: Latter Day Saint

Pets: none

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially

Likes: surfing the web, asian music, anime, movies. and reading

Dislikes: too many to name,

Favorite anime:too many to name.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): never read a manga actually.

Favorite Books: The Wheel of Time

Favorite game: final fantasy.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Action movies, fantasy. I love big bang theory.

Favorite Drink: kopperburg

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cherry Coke

Favorite Foods: everything.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, The Third Chapter, live journal.

Favorite Sport (to watch):martial arts, soccer, hockey, tennis

Favorite Sport (to play):soccer, martial arts

Favorite Music: asian music, especially super junior.

Job: sales associate in Curry's.

Hobbies: watching movies reading.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
@ Psyco 101

Welcolme back, you used to keep this thread fairly interesting. I wondered where you got to. Sorry to hear you had problems.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@ Psyco 101

Welcolme back, you used to keep this thread fairly interesting. I wondered where you got to. Sorry to hear you had problems.

Thank you. Who doesn't have problems though lol? Mine were no different then probably millions of people right now. Lost my job and was jobless for almost a year trying to make ends meet. I'm just another 1 on that statistic so I'm not special. Plus my father's health issues have been on going for a few years so it's not as if his declining health was a surprise to me or my family. Just had the bad timing of having a low spike in the middle of me being jobless. Plus some other minor things that given my job situation and father's health affected me more then normal. Simply had to take care of business, make myself take a breath, and cut out a lot of the entertainment areas of my life until things were more stable. His health has rebounded up (for now) and I have a new job (even if a crappy one) so I figured I earned more "ME" time lol. So hopefully I can keep this thread fairly interesting again with my wacky and silly welcomes to the new people. Wink Though that might start scaring people away so I don't know if it's a good thing I'm back lol.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, Pyscho 101 is back!

Welcome back. Good to see you again. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

Heh thank you. I am honestly (truly) surprised so many people are happy to see me back (and remember me...though I guess I am hard to forget...for good or bad heh) and not cursing that I'm back lol. Does DTM know I'm back yet? That would even it up a bit more and add one unhappy person lol.

edit---Holy crap I just noticed I have a star by my name! I take it all people who are subscribers get them right? Or is it just for the "special" people lol?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

Heh thank you. I am honestly (truly) surprised so many people are happy to see me back (and remember me...though I guess I am hard to forget...for good or bad heh) and not cursing that I'm back lol. Does DTM know I'm back yet? That would even it up a bit more and add one unhappy person lol.

edit---Holy crap I just noticed I have a star by my name! I take it all people who are subscribers get them right? Or is it just for the "special" people lol?

You and I bumped heads before when I first joined, but then we had some pretty good conversations together so I was wondering what happened to you. Always nice to have decent conversations with fellow forum members. Smile

The stars are a recent thing for subscribers. The original had changed to a blue dot but people didn't seem to like it. We then had a poll on what we wanted for our subscriber icon, and green star was the favorite choice.

DTM has been (dunno if he still is) on moderator watch so his posts usually take a while to show up due to mod filtering. Again, don't know if thats still the case as its been months now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 124 of 233