• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Megamanga doujinshi project

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dejiko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:32 am Reply with quote
Well, my friend Shumi and I have finally taken the plunge and started work on a doujinshi about Megaman. She's got the capcom style nailed, so we're going to have lots of fun with these well-known characters... tee-hee Very Happy

There will be a main story, some short 4koma funnies (see an example below) and guest artwork. A Japanese fan artist is also contrbuting a pic. I think we can have it ready by fall of this year. This is a pic of the cover (well, minus the anti-theft e-mail address of course):

There's no real fan doujinshi on Megaman available in English, so we hope we can fill the void with this book and show the world how much we love the guy in blue Wink I think we may be able to have it printed on B5 size, pretty much like comics and most doujinshi.

And now.. 4koma alert!

This is the first of what will be a series of 'Making Of' 4koma's, on the creation of the Megamanga book. It's based on some comments Shumi received on her earlier Megaman drawings. Some people manage to formulate criticism in such an insensitive way that it may put you off. This 4koma is about getting rid of that pent up anger Wink
Magatsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:11 am Reply with quote
It looks good. I know the there's going to be a Megaman comic coming out in September but that probably won't stop you from continuing.
Keep it up!!
Dejiko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:25 am Reply with quote
Magatsu wrote:
It looks good. I know the there's going to be a Megaman comic coming out in September but that probably won't stop you from continuing.
Keep it up!!

Yeah, the one by Dreamwave, I've seen the preview pics. Still, we Europeans get left out because DW only seems to get licenses for America. I can't buy the Transformers comics at my local import store anymore either... But anyway, this is going to be a fun doujinshi with some parody stuff they wouldn't do in an official version, so it's by no means a substitute for the DW version Wink
Yuki555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:39 am Reply with quote
It look good. How can someone says it sux?! I really hate non supportive criticism.
Case

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:12 am Reply with quote
Hooray for crossposts! Mr. Green
Dejiko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:27 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your comments, here's a pic Shumi did of Bass/Forte without his helmet (we've never seen official art of him without his helmet, so we just guessed he was a blondie Razz ). Hope you like it.

Dejiko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:45 am Reply with quote
Here's another very silly 4koma! Smile

EmperorBMA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There's no real fan doujinshi on Megaman available in English

Well, there is Bob and George, but it's sprite comic... and moreover it's down right now.

http://www.bobandgeorge.com/

But Megamanga looks pretty nice, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1