• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Mylene didn't feel comfortable posting personal information.... or something. Either way, she asked to have her post removed. -selenta

Actually, "or something" is correct. I do not have a problem with posting some general personal information, but I do have this strange habit of randomly panicking and deleting the content of posts.

kolibri wrote:
(Regarding Nagisa's photo. --Myl) I guess you have to be signed in to see it? It doesn't let me see it anyway

Yeah, it works if you are logged in (did for me at least), but doesn't appear to otherwise. Nagisa reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on who it is just yet. Hmm...

Last edited by Mylene on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Quote:
Mylene didn't feel comfortable posting personal information.... or something. Either way, she asked to have her post removed. -selenta

Actually, "or something" is correct. I do not have a problem with posting my personal information, but I do have this strange habit of randomly panicking and deleting the content of posts. Kind of regret it now, but will not further irritate the mods by reposting.

Fun facts about Mylene: Sometimes deletes posts before anyone can respond to them due to a strange personality quirk (very infrequently at ANN, but more frequently at other sites). Very frequently spends 30 minutes to 1 hour on a post, then intentionally doesn't press send.

I do that too, so you are not alone. Sometimes I'll post something off-kilter just for shock value and then delete it a few minutes later. I've gotten enough flack from the mods about my posts so anyone who was unfortunate enough to have caught my now extinct posts, I apologize. I'll usually write something and go ahead an post it and that's when my sanity filter kicks in and I'll either delete or edit something if I think it's going to cause someone to get upset.

Regarding personal information online, yes I am paranoid. Written information can be held against you more than vocal information which makes up normal IRL conversation. I avoid sharing that personal identifying info as much as possible. However the fact I don't post my picture in a public forum is for a very different reason.
Merciful Evans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by Merciful Evans on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Utilizing the template used by the lovely Bamboo (I like your name by the way, don't let the jokers get you down!) I'm adding in my stats. Although somehow I wonder if this is a wise move.

Name: Richard John Thompson
Location: Statesboro, Georgia. Eventually a law school somewhere else.
Marital status: Very single. Anime cry
Occupation: College student, pre-law. Monetarily challanged at the moment.
Obsessions: World Domination! Twisted Evil (Well, really just 3 3/4 inch GI Joes and anime.)
Favorite sports: Not much of a sports person. I do like tennis, volly ball and dodge ball though.
Favorite foods: I'm a huge fan of rice. Also I'm a meatarian. I've never encountered any sort of meat that didn't taste great. Veal and medium rare grilled steak are favorites. Swordfish is also a treat, though I rarely get to enjoy it. A big plate of rice and a slightly bloody grilled steak is a heavenly meal.
Favorite drinks: Non alcoholic: Mixed fruit juices. Orange and pineapple combined is just delicious. Alcholic: Fruit based wines, especially apple wine.
Drinks: Occasionally and never to excess. I get mellow when I drink. Too much would put me in a coma. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Smokes: My lungs are very sensitive to smoke, so I couldn't even if I wanted to. I've never been around cigars though, so maybe it's just cigerettes and gas fumes that bother me.
Favorite TV shows: I've all but stopped watching live-action TV. Still, I love Battlestar Galactica.
Favorite anime: Gunslinger Girl, Koi Kaze, Rumbling Hearts, ROD the TV, Inuyasha, Someday's Dreamers, Strawberry Marshmallow and Hell Girl are some of my all time favorite series. (I have a lot of others that I love, but these are the top tier for various reasons.)
Favorite videogames: Ghoul School (NES), Ghostbusters (Genesis), Shadowrun (SNES), Parasite Eve I & II (PS1), Azure Dreams (PS1), BloodRayne 2 (PS2).
Fun facts: I write poetry and try to write novels (I can never seem to finish anything!) Also have written fan fiction but nothing anime yet. (Started some but didn't finish.)
Dislikes: People who want to censor things, people who do terrible things in the real world, and 96% of television commericals.
Pictures: Same as in the Answerman thread.

Any questions?
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Name: Just call me, CloverKuroba. Or Clover. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
Sex: Female
Marital Status: Single
Religion: I affiliate as a Christian/Jew (Mom's christian, Dad's jewish) but I'm more of an agnostic.
Drink/Smoke: No.
Favorite Foods: Chinese food, ice cream (especially cookies and cream and mint), fruits like peaches and grapes, some vegetables, japanese food, etc...
Favorite Drinks: Fruit Juice, Soda, Black and white milkshakes, Chai tea
Likes: Family, friends, cats, video games, my new iPod, music like alternative and j-music, books, writing poetry and short stories...
Dislikes: Rude people, racists and others who judge and discriminate, people who don't practice proper hygiene, talking dolls, chocolate ice cream, bands like My Chemical Romance, monkeys, and other things...
Favorite anime: Fruits Basket, Azumanga Daioh, Kodocha, CCS, Honey and Clover, Kanon 2006, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ouran High School Host Club, Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star, Pani Poni Dash, etc...
Favorite manga: Full Moon o Sagashite, Aishiteruze Baby, Nodame Cantabile, Inubaka, Azumanga Daioh, Case Closed, Yotsuba&, Gunslinger Girl etc...
Favorite TV Show: Futurama, The Simpsons, True Life, Vh1 crap, other stuff...
Favorite Game: Mario Tennis (N64), Kirby 64 (N64), Pokemon Gold (GBC), The Harvest Moon series, Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC), We Love Katamari (PS2), Kingdom Hearts (PS2), Okami (PS2), Nintendogs (DS), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA), Hamtaro: Ham Ham Games (GBA) Embarassed Don't laugh, it's a fun game!
Fun facts about CloverKuroba: I'm a twin.
I'm biracial.

Last edited by CloverKuroba on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Name: Omar
Sex: Male
Religion: Roman Catholic
Drink/Smoke: I drink but don't smoke, not a heavy drinker either.
Favorite Foods: Chinese, Italian....really I like alot of foods I can't think of any that I don't like....really. I eat all types of meat, steak, lamb, seafood.
Likes: Hmm...anime, weren't epecting that were you. I like video games, soccer, Family is a given.
Dislikes: Well I have a long standing fear of bees and wasps...horrible childhood experience.
Favorite anime: Outlaw Star, A Wind Named Amnesia, Tenchi Muyo, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Black Lagoon. Eh I have a lot of favorites.
Favorite TV Show: Law & Order, all of them. The Daily Show with Jon Stewert, Dave Chappelle show, use to watch Battle Star Galactica.
Favorite Game: Halo, All the Dooms (Doom I & II for computer Doom 3 for Xbox), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (computer), Black (Xbox), Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), Gears Of War (Xbox360), Empire Earth (cmputer), Civilization series 9Computer), the Armored Core series (PS2, Newest Armored Core for the Xbox360), Phantasy Star universe (Xbox360, currently playing the demo but I will probably buy it since I liked the older ones). Like the anime section there is just too many. Razz
Fun facts about Omar: Well I was born with a Pectus Excavatum and a Ventricular Septal Defect. I am half Venezuelan, quarter Irish, quarter Native American. My name means "first born son", It has Arabic, Hebrew origins. My fathers name is Omar and so is his fathers name, as his wrestling career grew he was known as Omar Atlas.

Last edited by omar235 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I've got a cure for that, I'll list some fun facts and more of my likes/dislikes:

See page 1.

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ariake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Name: Christi, otherwise known as Marmot
Blood type: A-positive.
Marital Status: Completely and happily taken by an incredible guy who I'm madly in love with.
Ethnicity: Mostly Lithuanian.
Religion: Agnostic with atheist leanings.
Drink/Smoke: I don't really like either.
Favorite Music: Generally speaking, I like all genres of music (except J-rock), but currently I'm rather partial to trance, industrial, synthpop, and symphonic metal. Some artists I've got on my current playlist include Apoptygma Berzerk, KMFDM, Within Temptation, The Birthday Massacre, Shiny Toy Guns, The Misfits, Jimmy Soul, Black Flag, Stream of Passion, Asrai, Michael Woods, Klaus Nomi, David Bowie, Meat Loaf, Collide, New Order, and Neutral Milk Hotel.
Favorite Anime: Simoun, Haibane Renmei, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Gankutsuou, Dennou Coil, Lucky Star, Aria the Animation, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Pokemon, Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, Code Geass, The Twelve Kingdoms.
Favorite Manga/Light novels: Saishuu Heiki Kanojo, Rozen Maiden, Cromartie High, Hellsing, Petshop of Horrors, Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon, the Boogiepop series, NHK ni Youkoso, High School of the Dead, the earlier Wallflower manga.
Favorite Books: The Historian, Jane Eyre, The Silmarillion, etc. I need to read more books, blah.
Favorite Games: The Pokemon games, Fate/Stay Night, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, Final Fantasy 10, Donkey Kong Country, Silent Hill 3, Knights of the Old Republic, StepMania
Favorite TV shows/Movies: House, South Park, Wife Swap, anything on Science Channel, Little Britain, Star Trek: The Next Generation, the original Star Wars trilogy, Laputa, Hayao Miyazaki stuff in general, and way too many movies to list.
Favorite Drinks: Oh Christ, cranberry juice is definitely my most favorite, but I also really dig bubble tea (especially taro flavor~) and vanilla milkshakes.
Favorite Foods: Pizza, raymond noodles, crunchwraps, chimichangas, lettuce, spinach, avocados, tomatoes, eggs, salami, deli meats, sandwiches, red sauce on pasta, Vietnamese.
Favorite Sport: Bid sniping.
Education/Job Status: Unhappily unemployed at the moment. Also trying to get my mom to enroll me in Keystone National High School, since Bridgeway is utter garbage.
Hobbies: Taping pictures of lolis to my wall, music, eating delicious food, collecting PVC figures (a hobby that I'm trying to break away from, given my sore lack of fundage), mythology, AMVing, drawing, webdesign.
Fun facts about Marmot: My avatar is Rider from Fate/Stay Night and is meant to complement Nagisa's, I've broken my left pinky toe at least twice, I have a grave and irrational fear of being tentacle raped, there's a Pool's Closed poster on my door, and I have no thyroid.
Pictor: If you realize what pokeman I'm imitating, you are a winrar.

Last edited by Ariake on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Alright alright, joke's over. I personally Zac had no intention on actually doing anything like that, just cracking jokes. Moving on now. Since Ariake and Nagisa have Fate Stay avatars maybe I should switch back to my Saber avatar. I also have an Archer one I could use. I do have a question for you Ariake. You said under your favorite sport it's Bid sniping. Were you talking about on eBay or am I just imagining things?

Here's one more fun fact about me, I hate bugs. I was swarmed by some horseflies as a kid and now I hate/fear almost all bugs. They just creep me out to holy hell. I also have a gay stalker. I figure after the cracks on the mods and such I'd throw that out there. His name is Anthony and he's Latino and dead set determined to get me into bed. Though I have no bloody clue why.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
I also have a gay stalker. I figure after the cracks on the mods and such I'd throw that out there. His name is Anthony and he's Latino and dead set determined to get me into bed. Though I have no bloody clue why.

This is amazing. Is he rich? Let him take you out.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:
I also have a gay stalker. I figure after the cracks on the mods and such I'd throw that out there. His name is Anthony and he's Latino and dead set determined to get me into bed. Though I have no bloody clue why.

This is amazing. Is he rich? Let him take you out.

No he's not rich, he makes 13/hr as an assistant manager. He lives in an apt with his older, and even more flamboyantly gay (if that's even possible), brother. I met him through a mutual friend and ever since every few weeks I get a call asking me to go hang out with him. I actually have hung out with him before and he did actually once buy me dinner. Embarassed
Ariake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
I do have a question for you Ariake. You said under your favorite sport it's Bid sniping. Were you talking about on eBay or am I just imagining things?

Yeah, I meant on eBay, but I really just meant it in a joking manner. Actually, I've never sniped a bid before, haha.

psycho 101 wrote:
Here's one more fun fact about me, I hate bugs. I was swarmed by some horseflies as a kid and now I hate/fear almost all bugs. They just creep me out to holy hell.

Me too! And I'm getting worse as I'm getting older. Also, I'm actually allergic to the bug I hate most (cockroaches ;_;). It's almost like destiny, like I was meant to fear cockroaches... or something.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:

Favorite Drink: Water. I'm serious.

Favorite Food: Thai Massaman Curry.

Water is my favorite drink too! Very Happy

I had Thai Massaman Curry while I was in Thailand. mmmmmmmmM! It was some good stuff. But to be honest, the only things I really liked eating there was the fruits. Holy crap it's like fruit paradise!! For the two weeks I been there, I mainly drank water and ate all the fruit I could get my hands on. Smile

A little tidbit about myself, is that I don't write elaborate bios of myself online. Mainly because I don't like to give away my preferences, what identifies me as me, etc. to so many strangers. So I hope the mods don't mind the one liners from my "about me" post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
But to be honest, the only things I really liked eating there was the fruits. Holy crap it's like fruit paradise!! For the two weeks I been there, I mainly drank water and ate all the fruit I could get my hands on. Smile

Then I guess you'd go literally bonkers if you came to Colombia too. There are a bunch of fruits here that you wouldn't even imagine Anime hyper.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
You_Wa_Shock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
Yay, my 1st post! Have fun reading about my boring self.

Name: TJ. My last name is one of the 7 great secrets of the universe.
Blood type: O Positive...I think.
Location: St. Charles Illinois, a terrible terrible place which none of you should ever come to.
Ethnicity: Half Italian, half other random things
Religion: Christian,
Drink/Smoke: Neither
Favorite Music: I mostly like european-style power metal, prog metal, symphonic metal, and stuff like that. And of course J pop and J rock are awesome as well. Some of my favorite bands are Blind Guardian, Edguy, Dream Theater, Symphony X, Nightwish, Epica, Kamelot, Within Temptation, X Japan, Gackt, In Flames, abindgon boys school...yeah. The list goes on.
Favorite Anime: Evangelion (Of Course), Akira, The Wings Of Honneamise, Fist of the North Star (Kenshiro is awesome), Gunbuster, Space Battleship Yamato, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ouran High School Host Club, Mobile Suit Gundam, Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, and many many more! I like all genres; if it's good, I'll watch it.
Favorite Manga/Light novels: Great Teacher Onizuka, Death Note, Slam Dunk (Somebody! Re-licence Slam Dunk already! Evil or Very Mad), Maison Ikkoku, Ode To Kirihito, Nana, Tokyo Babylon, Kare Kano, One Piece
Favorite Books: The Forgotten Realms series, The Wheel Of Time series, The Prydain Chronicles, The Notenki Memoirs, Any books about anime and manga
Favorite Games: I'm a huge RPG geek; that's most of what I play. Some of my favorites are The Final Fantasy Series (7 is the best!), Xenosaga/Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, Dragon Quest 7, The Legend Of Dragoon, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, and anything old school!
Favorite TV shows/Movies: I don't watch too many non-anime TV Shows, but I like whatever's on Adult Swim. As far as movies go, I like The Matrix, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Kill Bill, Highlander, Equilibrium, Revenge Of The Nerds, X-Men, any Disney Movie, and anything by Miyazaki or Oshii. Or Satoshi Kon.
Favorite Drinks: Dr Pepper!! It's God...in delicious carbonated form.
Favorite Foods: Food.
Favorite Sport: Being Lazy.
Education/Job Status: Somebody hire me! I need money to support my compulsive spending habits!!
Hobbies: Watching anime, Reading manga (hey, that's the name of a book!), listening to music, expanding my vast and frightening knowledge of things I'm interested in, cosplay, mythology, philosophy, podcasts, etc.
Fun facts about TJ: I don't know how to snap my fingers, the only anime I've memorized completely is MD Geist 2 (which is a really entertaining piece of garbage that you should watch to make fun of Very Happy ), I can do a really good impression of Mr Mackey from South Park, and my dream is to cosplay as Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. There, was that random enough?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 233