• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asako

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:20 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
I'm guessing Office slave doesn't pay too well? Anime hyper

Naw, it's all about the discount on Anime Smile hahaha
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Sorry that I'm not blond!! Anime cry Wow, just like high school.. hehe j/k. Jadress = blond, Robin = semi-Asian.

Don't worry... They're just discriminating us for being darkhaired... Blondes aren't the only women out there, Y'KNOW!!!

J/K.

And I'm thinking into getting some strands of hair dyed almost white [not blonde, though] a la Bill Kaulitz in a Tokio Hotel video... I promise I'll put a pic once I do so (if I do get the money for it) n_nU.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:

I never said Meat was awesome .... being that I am a vegetarian, I find that kinda irritating that I am being lumped in with what Psycho said. haha!

Jadress sounds kinda green so I thought you had green hair!!! Shocked

Don't be jealous cause my thick hearty rich meat stew tastes better then your lettuce lol. Better watch yourself, one night when you're asleep I might sneak into your room and hide some meat under your pillow. The aroma over night would slowly turn you to our cause. One of us! One of us!

I'm surprised you went that far Jadress to look the comic up. Though, as you said, you can really see the similarities now can't you. I should add that to my info, being a comic book junky heh.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Name: Nikki (Nicole)

Marital status: Married (we just celebrated 15 years!) with three children. Rachael 12, Ryan 10 and Reanne 7.

Pets: 3 cats - Plato (pic of him) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/Cat3.jpg, Sophie and Fatty...(Fatty was originally called Oliver, however Fatty fits him better, and it stuck) and 1 dog, a Jack Russel Terrier named Jacey. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/Dogs.jpg
The beagle in that pic was ours as well, but she had to be put down about 6 months ago (stroke/old).

Favorite foods: Pretty much whatever is in front of me, I love food. Pizza to tacos, Italian to Chinese, I am notoriously un-picky.

Favorite Movie: Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, Memoirs of a Geisha, Matrix...?

Favorite drinks: I drink copious amounts of coffee and diet coke.

Drinks: I stopped drinking any form of alcohol this year. It isn't that I had a problem, however we both have an alcholic on each side of the family and decided it was better to not have alcohol around and to not drink. I rarely drank anyway, so it isn't a big deal, however I do sometimes miss asti which was nearly all I drank anyway.

Smokes: I quit about 5 years ago now. (yay me!) I smoked for 15 years though before that.

Favorite TV shows: hmmm, I watch a lot of kid shows, but they aren't my favorites. I like stuff we can all watch together, Little People Big World, American Idol, Discovery Channel programs. (I don't watch a ton of tv outside of anime rentals usually) Wow, I almost forgot...Heroes.

Favorite anime: There are so many, it's unfair to list just some. I like whatever I am watching 90% of the time. Now, I will name some anyway, Nerima Daikon Brothers, Card Captor Sakura, Fruits Basket, Loveless, His and Her Circumstances...

Favorite videogames: I don't really game much. Mario Kart Double Dash is always fun to play, but I don't get much chance. Does Minesweeper count? I do play that often.

Hobbies: (outside anime) I like puzzles, big puzzles. It's hard to find time and space where they aren't disturbed by someone else as they take so long to do, but if I start one, I will work on it 8+ hours a day till i finish, I just get goofy with them. I like crosswords and the likes as well, although I rarely do them now that I don't get a newspaper anymore.
I also collect coke codes, and get way too excited about getting the free stuff, so I guess it's a hobby at this point.

Fun facts: I find it hard to come up with fun facts about me.

I won a trip to the Bahama's once a long time ago for a weekend.

I cos-played Trinity (from Matrix) at a party, and my Hubby dressed as Neo. I went to second movie as her as well, however hubby wouldn't dress for that.

My dog just had surgery to remove bladder stones.

I love to sing and dance, however I don't sing well...at all. I do get to dance in a few musicals every year.

I like the ballet however since nobody else I know does, it isn't something I get to go to often.
I like shows in general, plays, performances, orchestras, I would love to see an opera however I don't see that happening soon.

I feel a bit ill at the thought of posting my picture, however I decided if I posted here I would...

Dislikes: Mean/rude people. Crimes against children. (I know, they are all wrong, however stuff involving children really moves me...) Watching sports. Sunburns. Poor english, verbal or written, it makes me cringe.

Pictures: I wasn't going to, however I don't want Bamboo to dislike me. I fail at making these links pretty for whatever reason, I usually don't have an issue, so they all look hideous, sorry about that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/thSet20_08.jpg

Edited to make the pic links work even thought they look bad now (many appologies, my mad comp skilz are lacking.) I just got a camera phone and can't wait to learn how to post pics of my other cats...)

Edited: random stuffies about moi.

Last edited by bonbonsrus on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:50 am; edited 4 times in total
My Neighbor Liz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
Name: Elizabeth Ann Catherine Carlton (I was Confirmed, too!)

Sex: Female,

Nationality: American?

Marital Status: Single, .

Profession: Student, philospher.

Religion: Roman Catholic

Drink/Smoke: I don't do either.

Likes: Listening to music, riding bicyles, swing sets in parks, kickball, watching anime, House, Stephen Colbert, books

Dislikes: Too many to list.

Favorite anime: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Blood+, Spirited Away, Millenium Actress, Excel Saga, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop

Favorite manga: I don't really read manga.

Favorite game: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Okami

Favorite food: Pizza, tacos, nachos, watermelon.

Favorite drink: Cherry Coke

Family: Mom, Dad, two sisters, eight brothers

Favorite sport: Hockey.

Favorite Music: Saves The Day, The Get Up Kids

Fun facts:
-Kicked down a swimming pool whilst still in it.
-Has never left the country despite living 15 miles from the Canadian border.
-Started a successful video game club in school and only attended two meetings.
-No one knows the club was my idea.
-Has a crush on Stephen Colbert
-Favorite TV show is Strangers With Candy.
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quote
My Neighbor Liz wrote:
Favorite TV show is Strangers With Candy.

"I'm not pushing you away! I'm pulling me towards myself!"

Best TV show ever. My favorite Sedaris is still David, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quote
Name: Keonyn's fine

Sex: Male

Blood Type: To be honest I'm not even sure

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: American, my moms side is pretty much a compilation of a ton of ethnicities from irish to native american, but my dads side is Norwegian and Dutch and my last name is Dutch.

Religion: Christian, I avoid specific religions as I find they are mostly misguided

Drink/Smoke: I do not drink and will only do so in rare situations and have never been drunk. I also don't smoke anything, not cigarettes and certainly nothing more.

Likes: Lighthouses, tall ships, artwork, nature, hiking, biking, watersports, anime, online gaming, cars, NASCAR, Baseball and Hockey to name a few.

Dislikes: People who drive like morons, this includes gawkers who slow way down to stare at something rather than drive, slow people who drive in the fast lane, punk kids who drive like their invincible and semi's who sit in the fast lane and don't pass other cars. I also hate people who have those bass systems in their car that make the thing sound like it's going to rattle apart, I mean, it doesn't even sound good.

Favorite anime: Haibane Renmei

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Don't really have one, I read very little manga.

Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Myst trilogy, The Guardians and the His Dark Materials trilogy(soon to be a movie)

Favorite game: Starcraft

Favorite TV shows/Movies: For shows I'd say Scrubs and The Office and Battlestar Galactica. For movies I'd say Master and Commander, Apollo 13, the Alien Trilogy and Steamboy.

Favorite Drink: None really, some wines I guess

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Lemonade. Love Dr.Pepper but I'm not supposed to drink soda anymore.

Favorite Foods: Soft shell taco's, apricots, white chocolate, butterscotch and blackberry ice cream.

Favorite Handgun: My Kahr K40, very comfortable, extremely durable and made entirely out of metal.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork of course, space.com and ODMP

Favorite Sport (to watch): NASCAR, Hockey and Baseball (in that order)

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball and Hockey

Favorite Music: Country

Job: Economic Analyst but am going back to school in November for drafting.

Hobbies: Hiking and Biking, photography, online gaming, camping, exploring and reading.

Fun facts about Keonyn:
Has a scar in his eyebrow causing a slight bald spot there
Used to have very long hair and was a metalhead but has changed a lot over the past few years

Favorite Quotes: Can't think of one

Pictures: None
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:39 am Reply with quote
I take it Keonyn you don't like other drivers much lol. As for being a metalhead, are we talking European Black/Death Metal or 80's Hair Metal?

Oh and bonbon...your link didn't work. Or it at least didn't work for me because technology is once again hating me and causing me nothing but another ulcer.
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Oh and bonbon...your link didn't work. Or it at least didn't work for me because technology is once again hating me and causing me nothing but another ulcer.

Just remove the superfluous stuff after the .jpg, and it will work just fine.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote
I fixed my links and now they look bad, but you can access them.
I thought maybe it was a sign from God that I shouldn't post it, but then I did anyway.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
Pets: 3 cats - Plato (pic of him) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/Cat3.jpg, Sophie and Fatty...Fatty was originally called Oliver, however Fatty fits him better, and it stuck) and 1 dog, a Jack Russel Terrier named Jacey. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/Dogs.jpg
The beagle in that pic was ours as well, but she had to be put down about 6 months ago (stroke/old).

Nice cat... He looks a bit like my Misaki (pic of her in Page 1)

bonbonsrus wrote:
Pictures: I wasn't going to, however I don't want Bamboo to dislike me. I fail at making these links pretty for whatever reason, I usually don't have an issue, so they all look hideous, sorry about that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/fangirl89/thSet20_08.jpg

Aww... You look like a very nice person to know n_n.

Keonyn wrote:
Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Myst trilogy, The Guardians and the His Dark Materials trilogy(soon to be a movie]

I LOVE the His Dark Materials Trilogy! Those are some fine books!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ningensei

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
Favorite Books: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Myst trilogy, The Guardians and the His Dark Materials trilogy(soon to be a movie]

I LOVE the His Dark Materials Trilogy! Those are some fine books!

Ehh!?! They are making movie versions of the books?! I love this series so much and read the first one when I was in middle school but I still adore them. I am curious now about these films, do you know anything more about them? I guess I could just look online. I'm pretty picky and I guess "protective" when my favorite books are turned into movies. Heh. Razz

psycho 101 wrote:
Don't be jealous cause my thick hearty rich meat stew tastes better then your lettuce lol. Better watch yourself, one night when you're asleep I might sneak into your room and hide some meat under your pillow. The aroma over night would slowly turn you to our cause. One of us! One of us!

I actually was a vegetarian for about six years, starting when I was a freshman in high school. But about two years ago, maybe a little less, I started to gradually eat meat and now I have turned into a meat lover! Embarassed Haha, I guess that makes me a traitor or hypocrite! I think I wrote this in my facts about me section, but I could be wrong, that was many pages ago.
Meiaminkbell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Name: Call me by my penname, JS.

Blood Type: I'm so awesome, my blood gives me an A+!

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: American Caucasian, but I'm such a mutt with at least a dozen european ancestries (we think we might have ancesors who fled the Spanish Inquisition).

>>

<<

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITON!

Religion: Agnostic, but I am open to all forms of religion and do not deny their value nor their God's existence, any of them.

Drink/Smoke: Drink lightly, it's been a long time. Smoke very rarely, usually when I'm extremely stressed out.

Likes: Writing first and foremost, anime, video games, women of all ethnicites (giggity),TV, foreign cuisine, working out/exercise, reading, anything really, I just never have the money to do everything I want to

Dislikes: Vomit...from any animal, I mean I take one look at it and *hurk*; people with the following traits: stop talking mid-sentence so you have to ask "and...?", jackholes who believe they are right in everything they do and say, those who force their beliefs and views on others, the morons who don't use the cruise control in their car and play leap frog with you FOR 30 MINUTES ON THE HIGHWAY! I'M GOING AT ONE SPEED THE ENTIRE WAY, YOU DO THE SAME!

Favorite anime: Too many to mention, although I will mention my two recent favorites, Elfen Lied and Haruhi Suzumiya

Favorite Manga (Light novels): One Piece and Bleach are the top contendors right now, I practically squeal when I see a new volume out for either. I've been waiting for months for new Excel Saga and Hellsing, but I've all but given up hope.

Favorite Books: The Brother's War chronicles, His Dark Materials (the trailer made me cry with joy, Nicole Kidman looks so evil), The Dark is Rising, Harry Potter (devoted Snape fan, he's a good guy I say!) mostly anything dealing with fantasy themes

Favorite game: Recently? FFXII, GoWII, and Zelda: TP (seriously Zelda, Link has saved your butt at least a dozen times the least you could do is put out a little)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Futurama Rescue Me, Frasier, Will & Grace, Newsradio, Cash Cab, Jeopardy, Daily Show; Long Kiss Goodnight, 300, ATHF:CMTP (or somehting like that), Lucky Number Slevin, Crank, Dogma, many many more that I can't think of

Favorite Drink: Vodka, Smirnoff, Patriot Missles (made 'em in bartender's school Razz )

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water mainly, but I drink pop on occassions and cool-Aid when my parents aren't around

Favorite Foods: Sushi is first and foremost, but I'll eat anything

Favorite Handgun: I'm a guy who prefers non-traditional weaponry like najinata.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork *smiles as the executives hand him a large sack of cash*, www.stardust-one.com/forum , Fanfiction dot net, XKCD, Penny Arcade, CTRL-ALT-DEL, and VG Cats

Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball, Football, and Baseball (all depends on the season and how well the Cavs/Steelers/Indians are doing at the time)

Favorite Sport (to play): Football

Favorite Music: J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Ramba (you don't believe me? opening song to Jungle Wa Itsumo...), most music by SOUL'D OUT, classic rock, oldies (60's-80's era, especially 80's), classical/instrumental, parody songs, selected pop, modern rock, alternative titles

Job: Student studying for Radiology, but works diligently to fulfil his dream of writing a script/novel/manga/anime. You'll see my name one of these days, rest assured Very Happy

Hobbies: Writing, exercising (running mostly), reading, watching anime/reading manga, shopping

Fun facts about JS:
Sang (and dressed exactly like) Shania Twain's "Man I Feel Like a Woman" for high school talent show (won first place too Very Happy, but the real treasure was all those people howling with laughter and cheering my name)
Did a strip tease to "I'm Too Sexy" for my third year of the talent show, took second
Is really pissed about missing his chance to dance to Hare Hare Yukai at AnimeExpo and even more so about never even having a chance to dance with Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto to the same song
Has been writing fanfiction for years, but only recently considered writing as a career
Has the biggest crush on famous J-Pop singer Gackt, the one and only man I will ever love.

Favorite Quotes:
"You're the gayest straight man I know" ~My friend referring to my more femine personalites, just because I have no problem using the word adorable
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader" ~Unknown
"If any of you die, I will personally come to hell myself, drag your ass back from there and kill you again!" ~Cid from FFVII:DC
"Perfection isn't everything it's cracked up to be" ~Myself (I think)
"We went to Mandarin Kaiser, the new Chinese-German restaurant. The food was really good but in a hour we were hungry again...for power." ~Rose Nialhin, Golden Girls (OH COME ON, that line is hysterical)
"See, I don't plan to name my child at all. I'll just get his attention by clapping or going "Hey, boy!" Then, on his twelf birthday, I'll start calling him Steve like everything's normal. I will insist that I have always called him Steve, and become furious is he suggests otherwise." ~My buddy Sontaku on nurturing
"I lost my virginity to Azumanga Daioh!" ~It's sad because it's true...

(I hope I haven't scarred you delicate readers psychologically...already)

Pictures: None, I have a Myspace but the pictures on their are bad and outdated.[/b]

Last edited by Meiaminkbell on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Stealing all the formatting off Keonyn's post. Mr. Green I'll probably end up re-editing this later, but I've been putting off doing it for a couple days, so I figure I should hop to it.

Name: Jason Green

Blood Type: Haven't the slightest. Here's hoping I don't get in some kind of horrific car accident on the way home!

Relationship Status: Single

Ethnicity: Half-Irish, half-English, more or less. But American all the way.

Religion: Lapsed Catholic.

Drink/Smoke: Yes to the former, no to the latter except under very rare circumstances (such as "Hey, my college roomie brought cigars back from the Dominican Republic!"), and then I usually regret it because my throat is hoarse for days.

Likes: My life revolves around music and comic books, basically. I also follow the St. Louis Cardinals when they're doing half-decent.

Dislikes: Modern country music. Rednecks. Bratty children. I'm sure there's more.

Favorite anime: This varies wildly depending on mood, but just for what I've watched the most, probably Akira, Fist of the North Star (movie), Ranma 1/2, EVA, Goldenboy, Fullmetal Alchemist, the original Tenchi-Muyo! OAV series, Oh My Goddess!....I could go on for hours.

Favorite Manga: Hands down, Maison Ikkoku.

Favorite Books: I like Nick Hornby. I don't read nearly as much I should/would like to.

Favorite game: Guitar Hero

Favorite TV shows: The Sopranos and the Office are current favorites. For all-time classics, the Simpsons (esp. pre-2000), Seinfeld, early Friends, Buffy, more cartoons than you can shake a stick at.... I also watch Countdown with Keith Olbermann fairly religiously.

Favorite Movies: High Fidelity, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars & Empire, Swingers.....I know I'm forgetting a LOT here.

Favorite Drink: Captain and Coke.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke. I used to drink gallons of the stuff, but I switched to diet a few months ago. It's good, but it's not the same. Sad

Favorite Foods: New York-style pizza. Good Italian food if I can eat it with garlic cheese bread. A good grilled cheese sandwich made with cheddar or colby cheese.

Favorite Handgun: Wow, I'm WAY too liberal to answer this question....

Favorite Sites: I spend most of my time at LiveJournal, Facebook, MySpace (vastly inferior, but I know more people on it), ANN, and ImageComics.com. I also check Comic Book Resources pretty much daily.

Favorite Sport (to watch): St. Louis Cardinals baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): Softball's about the only one I play anymore.

Favorite Music: The top 10, in no order whatsoever: Husker Du/Sugar/Bob Mould solo, Pearl Jam, Sloan, R.E.M., The Cure, Nirvana, Green Day, The Replacements, Matthew Sweet, Wilco. I own well over 1000 CDs from hundreds of different artists, but I'll spare you all the complete list.

Job: By day: design engineer. By night: writer for PLAYBACK:stl and, as of recently, Protoculture Addicts. Very Happy

Hobbies: Reading comic books, listening to music, watching anime, and writing about all of said activities.

Fun facts about jgreen: I have no idea where to go with this question....

Favorite Quotes: "I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." Rob Gordon, High Fidelity

Pictures: Just your average looking nerd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty, more edits yet again to my "dating profile" back on page 5 heh. Be sure to check out my zodiac sign and give me a call. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 233