• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
and I'm still amazed us guys looks so normal and good (that means you too Elric, figured I'd jump on the bandwagon heh).

Heh well what can I say, I try, anyways. Anime smile But yes, agreed, all the guys look nice and normal and all the girls look good and pretty. Nothing to go running and screaming away from. Yet......(jk)

Past wrote:
Zac and others made a point that those who do not post their own pics shouldn't be commenting on others, plus there was someones pic I was critiquing (albeit in a funny manner). But no (for picture commenting) it's just me, or anyone else who is too camera shy, I guess.

Ah, yes, I think I remember you guys talking about that earlier now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Stellarleen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
Marital status: Married (we just celebrated 15 years!) with three children. Rachael 12, Ryan 10 and Reanne 7.

Congrats on 15 years, thats great! Do your children like anime too?
Fallout2man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Name: Christopher Ryan Gregory (I prefer to be called Chris)

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Unsure, I think A positive

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:Roughly 1/2 English, 1/2 Irish, with a touch of German mixed in.

Religion: I chose to Abstain from religion, it causes too many problems in life to choose a side in such a volatile issue. I love to debate religious things though. Even though it's not going to accomplish anything I find it so fun.

Pets: Two cats, a large dark/grey with light gray stripes and white splotches named Jade and a small almost black with orangish/brown splotches named Snickers.

Drink/Smoke: My drinking habits depend on my current level of stress in life and social situations. Right now I drink whenever I know I can get away with it (my one day off a week). I don't smoke (anymore).

Likes: Too many things to describe. I'm a nerd, I like anime/manga (obviously, and especially when mixed with alcohol), PC games, some music (though I won't pay for anything from a major label, ever), programming, talking to certain people, writing.

Dislikes: Too many things, the major ones being Religious zealots and women with height restrictions (Her: I want my potential boyfriend to be no less than ten feet tall since I'm 5'9"!!!).

Favorite anime: Tenchi Muyo (OVA series), Outlaw Star, Melody of Oblivion, Fushigi Yugi

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Bleach, Death note, X

Favorite Books: Stephen King's It

Favorite game: Aliens Versus Predator II and, (surprise) Fallout II

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Battlestar Galactica, The Butterfly Effect, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, UHF, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters.

Favorite Drink: Mixed: Strawberry Daquiri...Chaser: Vodka + squirt...from a can: Joose (having some of that right now in fact)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Clamato, Mountain Dew, Horchata

Favorite Foods: If you go by category, Italian and seafood are my two favorites, though I also love anything deep fried enough to be unhealthy for you.

Favorite Handgun: Desert Eagle .50 cal, I swear I will own one some day, Californian laws be damned!

Favorite Sites: slashdot and Guru3d (news), ANN, IMDB and Wikipedia (encyclopedias of everything), bob and george/ctrl + alt + del/penny arcade/megatokyo/VG cats (regularly followed webcomics.), and The Dilly (social networking website I used to work for.)

Favorite Sport (to watch): None, maybe if they started mounting rocket launchers and machine guns to the cars I'd consider watching NASCAR though...

Favorite Sport (to play): Anything I can get away with being overly violent in.

Favorite Music: Beyond classification, The only way to show you is to send out an html copy of my winamp playlist.

Job: Gas station clerk, I'll be a professional programmer or sys admin eventually though.

Hobbies: Writing, watching anime, wasting time on the web, following technology, hoping to become Clinically immortal someday.

Favorite Quotes: If I listed them all it'd take up ten pages, here are three off the top of my head.

Batman Returns
The Penguin: Well, it could always be worse...your nose could be gushing Blood *bite*

Ghostbusters:
Egon: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Egon: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad"?
Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Ray: Total protonic reversal.
Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

BTTF
Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself 30 years older would put her into shock and she would simply pass out. Or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could start a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to our own galaxy.

Pictures:
Most of my pics are really old since I haven't had a digicam since I moved to San Diego a year and a half ago. Eventually I'll get a photo CD from my little disposable camera but it's only half full right now so that may be a ways off. Anyway, here's the only current online repository of pics.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been on these forums for more than a year but I never posted here, and I feel like it's finally time to do so!

Name: Antoine Couture-Cossette (nickname is twin, without the epixel which is only for the web)

A Little bit about myself: I'm a student in science at College Edouard-Montpetit, which is a CEGEP, the equivalent of College (as you can guess by the name). I'm a quick learner, with very high marks at school even though I don't study too much (I have a good memory so I remember what's said in class). I like fooling around to make others around myself happy but I eventually screw up, and get sad myself putting on such a front all the time, but whatever. Besides that, I lead a pretty ordinary life here in Longueuil, a suburb of Montreal. The best time of my life was the 2 years i spent in Switzerland. I plan on studying languages later on, hopefully asian languages if possible. I'm an extremely hard-working person Half the time, and I spend the other half of that time hopelessly slacking off.

Sex: male

Blood Type: Cold.

Location: Montreal (suburb), Quebec, Canada (or look just under my avatar KK?)

Ethnicity: French Canadian which means French, Irish, British and Indian blood.

Religion: Atheist but I think I'm starting to believe in gawd

Children: look at age and marital status. Maybe later.

Pets: A sister.

Drink/Smoke: Yes to the former, and only on occasion to the latter

Dislikes: Many people, capitalism (that doesn't mean I'm a communist, I just hate money), Not having any milk for my cereal when I wake up, people who don't know jack sh*t, and mayonnaise except with fries and club sandwiches

Favorite anime: RahXephon, Samurai Champloo, Mai-Hime, GTO, Kaleido Star, Last exile

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Gantz

Favorite Books: The Catcher in the Rye, The Wheel of Time series

Favorite game: Counter-Strike

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Documentaries, Miyazaki movies, Tarantino movies, Tim Burton's Big Fish

Favorite Drink: Red Wine, Beer, Apple Cider, Rhum'n'coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water, Water, Milk, Milk, and BAWLS

Favorite Foods: Meat, Rice, Asian foods

Favorite Music: Pink Floyd, Ice Cube, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Prodigy, Led Zeppelin, Creedence Clearwater Revival... HOW THE HELL ARE THEY RELATED??? I listen to a LOT of music, anything from Rock to J-Music and Techno

Hobbies: friends, anime, gym

Too much routine in my life though Sad

Photos:
I have no webcam and no digital camera, so the last pics of myself that I have on the computer are the ones of my prom that my friend sent me. Oh and I'm the guy in the picture, if you didn't look at which gender I am.

I like wearing a suit Cool (damn the red eyes though)
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/epixeltwin/bal_melmoi2.jpg
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Wow... that took a lot of courage to put that info in your bio alone. Good for you.

bonbonsrus wrote:
Past, I really don't think anyone here would ostracize you for being you.
The best way to be happy is to be comfortable being you.

Well thank you, that makes me so happy. I wish everybody I met IRL was as openminded and non-judgmental as so many of the great people here. Smile Smile n_n
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Going through this thread, I'm honestly surprised at how many posters are in their 30's. I thought I was kinda old at 24 but I'm surprised to find some older than me. Not saying you're old, just that I thought I would've been one of the older ones
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Why not?

Name: Kevin
Blood Type: I don't remember. Anime hyper
Ethnicity:Chinese
Religion: Christian
Pets: None
Drink/Smoke:None of those things. I've tried wine at wedding receptions, but I find it too bitter for my case. I hate smoking, so none of that.
Likes: Aside from anime and manga, I also like listening to music of various kinds, reading the newspaper, listening to the news on the radio, playing video games, hanging out with friends, and reading (in general). I enjoy watching comedy, romance, drama, mystery, and action-oriented things, in anime and in TV/movies.
Dislikes: Lies, backstabbers, second-hand smoke, live-action horror movies, looking at dead things, science (the school subject), and perhaps other things that I can't think of at the moment.
Favorite anime: My #1 favourite anime is Pokémon. No joke. It's been so entrenched in my childhood that I can't break away from it, even if I wanted to. I love it as much as Japanese kids love Doraemon (at least it seems that way).

Other favourites include Witch Hunter Robin, Please Teacher! (& Twins!), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Shuffle!, Paradise Kiss, Rumbling Hearts/Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Kanon 2006, and When They Cry/Higurashi no Naku Koroni.
Favorite Manga: I"s, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Genshiken, School Rumble, Love Hina, Strawberry/Ichigo 100%, Dragon Head, Paradise Kiss, and Yakitate!! Japan.
Favorite Books:Eleanor Rigby (by Douglas Coupland), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and The Tom and Liz Austin mystery series (by Eric Wilson) Razz
Favorite game: The Pokémon colour series of games (FireRed, Sapphire, etc.), the Soul Calibur series, the Crash Bandicoot series, the Ratchet and Clank series, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and the Age of Empires series (and Age of Mythology)
Favorite TV shows: The Office, Friends, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and the occasional episode of House, and Desperate Housewives.
Favorite Movies: Eurotrip, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the American Pie series, the Shrek series
Favorite Drink: Grape soda. I love that stuff.
Favorite Foods: Dried bean curd (sheets). I just can't get enough of that stuff. & being Chinese, I love my Chinese food. I also enjoy eating Italian pasta dishes and Japanese cuisine, such as Lasagna, Fettucini Alfredo, sushi, and unagi. As well, I love to eat my fruits and veggies. And tacos. I love my tacos.
Sites I enjoy frequenting:Anime News Network, Anime on DVD, Pojo, Zannen, Canada, and a message board frequented by some friends and accquaintances at my school.
Favorite Sport (to watch): I'm an avid Hockey fan (Go Leafs Go!), and I occasionally watch basketball and baseball.
Favorite Sport (to play):Street hockey, volleyball, track and field, and soccer. I also play basketball sometimes.
Favorite Music: I can tolerate pretty much anything, but I primarily listen to Chinese and Japanese pop, rock, and rap rock. I also enjoy listening to Western rock, and a little bit of hip-hop.
Job: No job, at least not yet.
Hobbies: Aside from anime/manga, playing video games with friends, reading, and playing the piano.
(Fun?) Facts about me:
- Plays Monopoly somewhat regularly with friends. Here are 2 facts about Monopoly that I'd like to share that's always the case when I play with my friends:

- It's not a game. It's war.
    - Monopoly can quite possibly bring out the worst in poeple.

- When it comes to several things, I'm generally a carefree person. For example, I don't mind trying new things to eat, and I don't mind what movie I want to watch at the theatre (except horror). Anime hyper
Favorite Quote: "He has killed me, mother." ~ Macduff's son, from Macbeth.

Maybe I have a wierd sense of humour, but I can't help but laugh at that line.

As for a serious quote, nothing comes into mind.

Pictures: A random pic of myself that I took yesterday to show to a friend that I haven't seen in a while.

Last edited by Buster Blader 126 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
This is entirely off-topic but I also thought that this would be the best place to post this.

If anyone wants to refer to me just as Lydia that is perfectly fine with me.

The only reason I went with LydiaDianne was because all of the names that I initally thought of were being used and I couldn't think of anything else.

So, calling me Lydia is just fine. It doesn't make me think that I'm in trouble with my mother! Embarassed Laughing Laughing
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
@ BrothersElric
Zac and others made a point that those who do not post their own pics shouldn't be commenting on others, plus there was someones pic I was critiquing (albeit in a funny manner). But no (for picture commenting) it's just me, or anyone else who is too camera shy, I guess.

I believe it was my picture, and you asked me about the "growth" on my leg. I just wanted you to know that I totally took it as a joke and laughed about it for a while. Just in case you were wondering. Smile

I know. I know. I plan to post my bio very soon. I've just been stricken with several early shifts in a row and my nightly anime viewing must take precedent. You gotta have priorities. Wink
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quote
Stellarleen wrote:
bonbonsrus wrote:
Marital status: Married (we just celebrated 15 years!) with three children. Rachael 12, Ryan 10 and Reanne 7.

Congrats on 15 years, thats great! Do your children like anime too?

Thank you!
They like whichever anime I allow them to watch. They don't seek it out on their own yet, however, whenever I have something I think they can/will watch, I tell them. They have seen around 25 different anime/series I guess.
It's odd because I actually have friends who will not let their children watch anime at my house as they think it's sinister somehow. Talk about an odd fear of the unknown.
I'm about to see if they want to watch Azumanga Diaoh with me now.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Would that be the Azu Manga Daioh set I sent you perhaps?? Wink Slowly but surely I'm helping others to convert the masses into anime fans. Soon my diabolical plan will be complete. Muuaahh hahahahahaha. (as soon as I figure out what that plan is I'll let you all know Anime dazed ) I updated my info on page 5 yet again. I added what pets I have. Soon this will be enough to be used as my official autobiography.
JirouKun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quote
Name: Jeremy

Blood Type: O neg

Ethnicity: norwegian, irish, scottish, and english......

Religion: spiritual

Pets: none, sadly severely allergic to cats and dogs

Drink/Smoke: I drink, and only smoke when I'm drunk.

Likes: Music, Movies, TV, Good Acting, Good Singing, Jazz, Theatre, Anime, Manga, Japanese language and culture, youtube videos, Cartoons, disney movies, cute lesbians, cute gays, family, cars, clothes, dancing, musical theatre, shakespeare, puns, humor, jeans. drawing, writing

Dislikes: hypocrisy, BEING LATE, zealots, republicans, voldemort,

Favorite anime: Evangelion, Guyver, Sailormoon, Fushigi YugiTenchi Muyo (OVA series), MAR, Tonari no Totoro, Tokyo Godfathers, Spirited Away, Bleach,

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Codename: Sailor V, Bleach, Evangelion,

Favorite Cartoon: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman the Animated Series, Gargoyles, Doug, Rugrats

Favorite Books: Memoirs of a Geisha, Harry Potter, How I Paid for College

Favorite game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Mario 64

Favorite Movies: Knocked Up, Life is Beautiful, Shall We Dance?(original), Singing in the Rain, Sound of Music, Mannequin, Lost in Translation, Return to Oz, Holes, Star Wars, X2,

Favorite TV Shows: Six Feet Under, Lost, Nip/Tuck, Heroes, Weeds, L Word, Sopranos, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother

Favorite Drink: Whiskey & Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Coke

Favorite Foods: Pizza, Sushi(yellowtail)

Favorite Sites: wikipedia, imdb, ibdb, ANN, playbill, facebook, myspace, youtube

Favorite Music: Anything but rap. Favorite artists include Jaime Cullum, Diana Krall, Belle & Sebastia, Camera Obscura, Decembrists, Beatles, Jimmy Eat World, Dragon Ash, The Who, Nancy Griffith, Boy bands and britney, and most musical theatre

Job: guest service rep

Hobbies: Writing, drawing, acting, singing, dancing

Favorite Quotes: "I believe electricity has done more for people than praying." Anton Chekhov.

"X, B, A, Y, Up, Left, Down, Right, Down."
unsinkmbrown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quote
Here I go...

Name: Caitlin

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A pos

Ethnicity: 1/4 Finnish, Irish, Scottish, French, and more prob

Religion:
Agnostic

Pets: none, had a dachshund named Dora for a couple years but had to give her up when I moved

Drink/Smoke: I don't like the taste of alcohol and am allergic to cigarette smoke

Dislikes: Hypocrites, prejudice

Favorite anime: TV Series - Trigun, FMA, Twelve Kingdoms, sCRYed, Please Twins, Paranoia Agent; Movies - anything by Miyazaki (esp Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away), Akira

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Of what very little I've read - Twelve Kingdoms, Vampire Game, Dramacon

Favorite Cartoon: Now - Venture Bros., Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Moral Orel, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends; Past - Pinky and the Brain, Batman, X-men

Favorite Books: Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter Series, Anita Blake series (through Obsidian Butterfly), anything by Chuck Palahniuk

Favorite game:
Video - Kingdom Hearts I & II; Board - Clue

Favorite Movies:
Princess Bride, Star Wars, Goonies, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Disney's Aladdin, Jumanji

Favorite TV Shows:
Current - Lost, Heroes, House, Big Love, Monk, Psych; No Longer With Us - Buffy, Firefly, Dead Like Me, Star Trek: TNG, Pretender

Favorite Drink: Don't drink

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sprite

Favorite Foods
: I'm a meat and potatoes kinda girl, ice cream, strawberries, Pocky

Favorite Sites: ANN of course Wink, IMDb, DM of the Rings, 9th Wonders.com

Favorite Music:
most anything, I'm getting into Jpop right now via all the great music in anime

Job: College student, Major - Graphic Design

Hobbies: making handmade greeting cards

Favorite Quotes: "Lord what fools these mortals be" - Shakespeare
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. " - Fight Club
"Hallo, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Princess Bride
The Entirety of Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I could go on, but I'm too lazy Wink

Random Facts: I took a six year break from school (I don't recommend it) which is why I'm a Junior at 25. This fall I'll be taking my first Japanese language class (I hope I'll like it but my sister is the linguist of the family). I collect anime wallscrolls. I'm very picky and have to see all the scrolls available for any series before I pick the one to add to my collection. I also collect shot glasses even though I don't drink (I like the irony of that).

Here's a pic of me from about a year ago, still pretty accurate:
[/b]
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
Name: Mr. Spider
Religion: Cthulhu Cult
Likes: Reading, collecting anime figures, spacing out, the early morning hours right before and during sunrise, 80s music videos.
Dislikes: Traffic, bugs, picky eaters, Mecha haters(Gundam haters in particular), editorial cartoons(actually most political humor), people who think they can get their way by acting mean and pushy, hot weather, cold weather, people who wear Che Guevera t-shirts, pop-up ads, smokers, anti-smoking fascists, people whose dislikes columns are longer than their likes columns.

Favorites:
Anime: Don't want to repeat my list from another thread, but some recent additions would be, NADIA, GUNBUSTER, DEMON PRINCE ENMA, SHINGU, and MOON PHASE.
Manga: PANORAMA OF HELL, ULTRA-GASH INFERNO, GIRLS BRAVO, AZUMANGA DAIOH, UZUMAKI, NININ GA SHINOBUDEN, EXCEL SAGA.
Drinks: Just about anything sweet. I hate alchohol, and I hate milk, except for chocolate milk.
Foods: Just about anything sweet. I can pretty much eat anything and not gain weight, but I'd rather not talk about my dentist bills...
Books: THE HOUSE ON THE BORDERLAND(William Hope Hodgson), THE DUNWICH HORROR AND OTHERS(Lovecraft), THE MAN WHO WAS THURSDAY(G.K. Chesterton), TALES OF THE GROTESQUE(L.A. Lewis), TEATRO GROTESCO(Thomas Ligotti), VALIS(Philip K. Dick)
Movies: DEATH WISH 3(funniest movie ever!), NAKED GUN(all), AIRPLANE/AIRPLANE 2, STAR WARS(original trilogy), HEAD, ERASERHEAD, KWAIDAN, TESTUO THE IRON MAN.
TV shows: OUTER LIMITS(original), X-FILES(first 3-4 seasons), MST3K, 24, "To Catch a Preditor" episodes of DATELINE, NIGHT GALLERY.
Music: Pink Floyd, Nick Cave, Can, Faust, Iannis Xenakis, Throbbing Gristle, David Bowie(glam + Eno), Nico(Cale-produced albums), Current 93,
The Gerogerigegege, The Jam, Wire(first 3 albums) Pil(up to ALBUM) , Dissecting Table, ICHIGO MASHIMARO CHARACTER SONG ALBUM
Gunpla: MG ZakuII F2, MG Dom, MG EZ8, HGUC Hazel Custom, HGUC Dom/Rick Dom, HGUC Hy-Gogg, Gundam Collection Alpha Azeiru.
Anime figures: 1/8 Shinobu w/ Onsokumaro, Ana Coppola as English Teacher, SHAKUGAN NO SHANA Solid Works set, MOON PHASE Palm Scenery set, Extended MSIA Zaku II.
Fun Facts: Was marginally involved in the noise/tape trading scene during most of the 90s. Has a fairly accurate "internal alarm clock." And is exceptionally clumsy: I spill/knock over my drinks an average of 3-5 times a month, frequently trip over/walk into/knock over things, and I'm always dropping things.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Would that be the Azu Manga Daioh set I sent you perhaps?? Wink Slowly but surely I'm helping others to convert the masses into anime fans. Soon my diabolical plan will be complete. Muuaahh hahahahahaha. (as soon as I figure out what that plan is I'll let you all know Anime dazed ) I updated my info on page 5 yet again. I added what pets I have. Soon this will be enough to be used as my official autobiography.

Yeah, I should alter mine, I actually DID think of a few fun facts to add to my profile (I cos-played Trinity from the Matrix) but who would go back and look at it now? Probably nobody for me...

And yes, the AMD from you, thank you very much. This is one of those shows that the more you see, the funnier it is I think. My oldest daughter sat down to watch the first disk with me yesterday, and I was laughing at silly things...Chiyo and Osaka with the volleyball, unable to catch and avoid it hitting their heads...and she said to me "I don't get it, why is that funny?" which made me giggle as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 233