• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Pokémon Moon,' 'Pokémon Sun' Trademark Applications Filed in Europe

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
Quote:
A parody Twitter account "@NinlendoAmerica" pretended to confirm the news.

First off all, why are you guys giving attention to an otherwise irrelevant person in response to this news? Parody account have been around for quite a while, doesn't make them newsworthy. Second, the account in question is suspended.

That particular fake confirmation was spread more than usual because some news sources picked up on it before realizing it was a fake. We felt it worth a mention mainly in case anyone had seen the "Nintendo confirms..." news in passing and wondered.

The whole thing could be a hoax, for all we know at this point.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Calling it now: Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone.

JDude042 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean, there's still the whole plot line of Zygarde having alternate forms that needs to be elaborated on. Which means we still have one more game to deal with the Kalos region. I don't see them going to Gen 7 and a completely different region without dealing with that plot line, or putting a Kalos Legendary Pokemon into a new region to delve into that story line.

While I'm pretty certain the unfinished stuff with Zygarde will be wrapped up within Generation VI, the Pokémon series has previously left the story for a Legendary Pokémon unfinished: Kyurem never attained its original form. It merged with Zekrom or Reshiram, depending on your version, but not both. (At least, I think I got the folklore correct here.)
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
A popular Poketuber pointed it out already, but just want to say it here if you guys don't know, http://pokemon-sun.com and http://pokemon-moon.com redirect to the official Pokemon website Laughing SO MUCH HYPE!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:
Hopefully the Pokemon will be good, but what really needs to be done is to get rid of Ash in the anime, let this gen be his last.

The backlash would be too severe if they decided to do that. It's much more viable if they made a separate anime altogether in my opinion.

Yikes.... can you imagine Pokemon finally ending??? The whole universe will stop. Smile
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:05 am Reply with quote
"I am the one who killed the Sun named Moon" JK but seriously this has Generation 7 written all over it. Smile
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
Hmm I cant help but think they got they name off of Digimon Dawn and Digimon Dusk though...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Hmm I cant help but think they got they name off of Digimon Dawn and Digimon Dusk though...

...or Brighton and Twila from Mario Party 6. Wink
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
Or any number of deities representing the Sun and the Moon, like Apollo and Diana. Or Solrock and Lunatone (referencing themselves). Or Princesses Celestia and Luna. Or Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright. Or the Sun and Moon Stands from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Or maybe Superman (who's powered by the Sun) and Batman (who mainly works at night).
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
The Pokémon Direct has confirmed the existence of Sun and Moon and that it's slated for a worldwide debut in late 2016.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3