• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstralSaudade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty new; I've been lurking around ANN for a while till I actually made an account. Anime hyper So yeah, hi, I'm Astral Saudade. Try to figure out the anime I made a reference to in my username. XDDDDD

Name: Okay, besides Astral Saudade, or Astral, or Saudade, my real name is Katrina. Anime smile

Sex: Female

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Last time I checked, I'm mostly Filipino. Maybe I have a bit of Chinese and/or Spanish blood, but I can't be sure.

Religion: Catholic Christian

Likes: Reading, writing, music, (most) animals, Internet, anime/manga, hanging out with friends, bugging people with excessive fangirling and obsessing over certain fandoms, and a lot of other things.

Dislikes: Being treated like a kid. And horror movies with excessive gore.

Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Gun X Sword, Blood+, Fruits Basket, Kyou Kara Maou, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

Favorite Manga: xxxHoLiC, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

Favorite Anime/Manga Characters: Edward Elric, Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye (FMA), Kimihiro Watanuki, Yuuko Ichihara (xxxHoLiC), Saya Otonashi, Haji, Diva (Blood+), Light Yagami, Ryuk (Death Note), Tamaki Suou, Kyouya Ootori (Ouran), Tohru Honda, Yuki Sohma, Ayame Sohma (Fruits Basket), Kurogane, Syaoran (Tsubasa), Van, Wendy Garret, Fasalina (GXS)

Favorite Books: Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Princess Diaries, The Notebook, A Bend in the Road, Abhorsen Trilogy, Keys to the Kingdom, His Dark Materials, Song of the Lioness, All-American Girl, Artemis Fowl

Favorite game: A lot, actually. My gaming console is teh PC. Anime smile

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Amazing Race and Amazing Race Asia, Heroes, That 70's Show, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, House M.D., Monster-in-Law, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, V for Vendetta, many book adaptations

Favorite Foods: I'll eat practically anything Italian. I also like dark chocolate, milk, cheese, potato chips, and just about any kind of fish

Favorite Sport (to play): Badminton, chess, table tennis

Favorite Music: Just about anything, from classical to rock. Maybe except rap.

Job: None yet. Still a college student.

Hobbies: Writing, collecting books and manga, watching anime, surfing the Internet, playing the piano, surfing the 'Net for anime-related piano pieces

Favorite Quotes: "Tell him fine, there's no way I'm dying before you, you morally bankrupt colonel with a god-complex!" - Edward Elric, FMA

"A soldier favors haste over cleverness. Means there are no cheap shots, Edward. Strike quickly and you'll end it quickly too!" - Roy Mustang, FMA

"Then don't act stupid, stupid." - Yuki Sohma (to Kyo Sohma), Fruits Basket

"Wangoballwime?" - Harry Potter, HP4

...and a whole lot more. Anime hyper[
Leuconoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Name: Edmund (is the only one I'm giving out here)
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Celibate - so there, women of the world!
Ethnicity: English (a.k.a. mongrel)
Religion: Christian
Dislikes: Rooms w/ more than three people in; unnecessary talk.
Favorite anime: Eh . . . well neither Code Geass nor Welcome to the N.H.K.! are the best series I've seen, but I love 'em to bits anyway.
Favorite Manga: Haven't read much, probably School Rumble
Favorite Anime/Manga Characters: I don't tend to have favourite characters.
Favorite Books: I'm into epic, and Spenser's Faerie Queene is made of win and gold (and nine-line stanzas).
Favorite game: I'm a PC gamer, particular favourites would be Half Life 2, Deus Ex, the Thief series and Warlords Battlecry III (this last one is rubbish but I enjoy it anyway). Best multiplayer game, despite its flaws, is the brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Planetside (a MMOFPS).
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Never lived in a house with a TV, so no favourite TV shows. Kurosawa's Ran and Ong Bak would be my favourite films (from the sublime to the ridiculous . . .)
Favorite Foods: I go for simple Greek-influenced cuisine with good ingredients (olives ftw); I enjoy baking (see hobbies); day to day I eat homemade lentil dishes (utility reasons).
Favorite Sport (to play): Fencing
Favorite Music: I have no taste in music.
Job: Used to have one but gave it up to do something worthwhile.
Hobbies: Baking a variety of cakes, reading.
Favorite Quotes: I have many, 'how much better it is to endure whatever will come' (Horace: ut melior quicquid erit pati) would be one.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN Ashez (late welcome for you I know, sorry)Leuconoe & AstralSaudade. Hopefully you're enjoying yourselves so far. I noticed you said you've been lurking for a while Astral so hopefully you'll jump right into posting in the forums. Just think of us a nice big dysfunctional family. One you never have to see or buy gifts for or get phone calls from. Very Happy As part of your welcome I'll hand you your mystery welcome bags of goodies (except for Ashez since he/she doesn't want one Razz ). ::hands them a nice brown bag:: We're also cheap (I am anyway) so hence the brown bags and not some sort of re-usable nice container. In them however you'll find such fabulous gifts as some various pieces of melted wax, some very old oregano from my pantry (probably toxic by now lol), the seeds from some various peppers and chiles, a piece of charcoal, and some toenail clippings from an ogre. Enjoy your wonderful gifts and remember; I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Name: Real names are boring... Just call me Mitsuki... Or Overlord... Whichever you prefer...

Sex: Female

Pets: A creamy white Labrador Retriever...

Likes: Obviously I like anime, manga, and games... I like the paranormal and regular animals.

Dislikes: Narutards, rude people, flamers, n00bs [though sometimes they make me laugh...], Meryl Freaking Strife from Trigun (I can't say her name without the freaking, it feels like my mouth has been contaminated!) pirates (I make exceptions on international talk like a pirate day xD), Spicy foods, Insects and spiders, 4kids and umm... I think that's it...

Favorite anime: Kino's Journey, Azumanga Daioh, Detective Conan/Case Closed, Trigun, Jubei-Chan, Ouran High School Host Club, Keroro Gunso/SGT Frog, .hack in general, Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, Mushishi, Lucky Star, Rouroni Kenshin, Di Gi Charat, and I think that's it...

Favorite manga: The only manga I remember reading that I like that didn't have an anime equivelent is Yotsuba&.

Favorite anime/manga characters: Vash from Trigun, Kino from Kino's Journey, the entire Keroro Platoon, Fuyuki and Koyuki from Keroro Gunso, Shugo from .hack//dusk, Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh, Konata from Lucky Star, Guu and Dr. Clive from Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, and umm... I think that's it...

Favorite games: Okami, Katamari Damacy, .hack/infection/mutation/outbreak/quarantine (I was heartbroken when I found you couldn't raise grunties in G.U... I loved those little guys... Anime cry ), Zelda series, animal crossing, Pokemon, Lunar series, Harvest Moon... GAH! THERE'S TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM!

Favorite Tv Shows: Most classic Nicktoons... Rocko, how I miss you so! Ummm... Does Homestar Runner count?

non-alcoholic drink: Any kind of cola, I'm not picky! Umm, I guess I like chocolate Milk and Iced Tea, too...

Food: OMFG, there's way too many to list... But, off the top of my head.... Fries, cheeseburgers, fried rice, pizza, sushi... Ummm... Yeah, I like Junk Food... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Desserts, I like cake... And fried ice cream....

Sites: Gaia, Homestarrunner.com, hrwiki and its forums, and Keroro Platoon HQ...

Job: I PRETEND TO KNOW KUNG-FU FOR A LIVING! HI-YA!

Hobbies: Writing bad fanfiction, drawing (Although I'm not too good at it...)

Fun facts about Mitsuki:

<---- MINE! NOT YOURS!

I hate loud noises...

At the time of this post, I currently have a sore throat... Why rest when you can waste that time posting online? Anime catgrin

Quotes:

"Science! Science again! I said science again!" -Homestar.
Such words of wisdom... Crying or Very sad
haruhikenpachi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quote
Name: Mark Jr. Yes my dad shares the same name as me so It is awkward answering the phones in my house sometimes, especially since I sound like my pops

Blood Type: A positive.

Location: Connecticut, in the United States. West Hartford to be more specific

Marital Status: Single, but with a couple regular customers

Ethnicity:100% Pollack

Religion: Roman Catholic, Confirmed into the Church

Pets: NEVER =((((((((((((((((((((

Drink/Smoke: Alcoholic according to some, abuser according to most. I smoke cigarettes and pot

Favorite anime: Bleach, Elfen Lied, Naruto, Claymore, Fullmetal Alchemist, COWBOY BEBOP, Twelve Kingdoms, Full Metal Panic

Favorite Books: Anything by Stephen King, WWII history books, Robert Jordan (RIP) George RR Martin, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind

Favorite game: Half-life, Bioshock, World of Warcraft, Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil (all of em)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Seven, Fight Club, Long Stock and two smoking barrels, Boondock Saints, The Office, Mythbusters(Basically all Discovery shows), South Park, Ultimate Fighting, The Soup.

Favorite Drink: GIN AND TONIC and good import beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Iced tea

Favorite Foods: SUSHI

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, fazed.org, ign.com

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football, soccer, baseball

Favorite Sport (to play):Lacrosee, Soccer

Favorite Music: Grunge, hard rock (all new rock) Classic rock, Classic rock and some rap

Job: Insurance agent

Hobbies: Photography, WOW, making love

Favorite Quotes: "Is there a priest in this tavern? I need to CONFESS! I'm a sinner. Menal, mortal, carnal, minor - Lord however you want to call it...I'm guilty"
Hunter S Thompson
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
So, about myself:

Ethnicity: 100% swedish meat

Hobbies: Martial arts, reading books (mostly fantasy), movies and TV-games (fighting).

Ocupation: Student (distant learning Japanese and litterature).

Idols: Hajime Saito, Bruce Lee.

Motto: "Nothing is certain so go by your gut feeling".

Fav. Anime: Raxephon, Hajime no Ippo

Currently watching: Bleach, Claymore, Love to rewatch old favourites.

Fav. TV-shows: That 70's show, smallville, batman TAS, Mythbusters, Bill & Tanners Bullshit.

Pets: Cat (named Sweden Smile

Addictions: Chocolate
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Well I see we have some new comers to forum this week. Welcome ninjamitsuki, haruhikenpachi, and Azmodeus to ANN where anime series aren't just entertainment but delusional worlds we retreat to to hide from bill collectors. Very Happy Hopefully you'll all find something here to expand your anime knowledge. You all get a mystery welcome bag of goodies for being new and posting here. ::hands them all a brown paper bag:: In your bags you'll find some weeds I picked out of my garden (complete with random bugs), a section each from a local newspaper here from 7 months ago (found behind my sofa), 2 banana peels (just the peels), and handful of chewed pen caps. I hope you all cherish these special gifts and don't forget; I come from a small town whose population never changed. Each time a woman got pregnant, someone left town.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Well I see we have some new comers to forum this week. Welcome ninjamitsuki, haruhikenpachi, and Azmodeus to ANN where anime series aren't just entertainment but delusional worlds we retreat to to hide from bill collectors. Very Happy Hopefully you'll all find something here to expand your anime knowledge. You all get a mystery welcome bag of goodies for being new and posting here. ::hands them all a brown paper bag:: In your bags you'll find some weeds I picked out of my garden (complete with random bugs), a section each from a local newspaper here from 7 months ago (found behind my sofa), 2 banana peels (just the peels), and handful of chewed pen caps. I hope you all cherish these special gifts and don't forget; I come from a small town whose population never changed. Each
time a woman got pregnant, someone left town.

I don't really know what to do with the pen caps but i can have plenty of fun with these random weeds, banana peels and news-papers *looks at the bag and snikers with an evil grin*
Ultenth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
Name: Kaleb

Blood Type: B Negative.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:1/2 Scottish, 1/4 English, 1/4 complex mix of Spanish, Cherokee, Aleut, Inuit, French, Dutch and Italian.

Religion: Agnostic.

Pets: None, don't have time.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks socially and doesn't smoke (except cigars very occasionally)

Likes: Anime, Akido, Reading, movies, writing, football, new experiences, travelling, food.

Dislikes: Fanboys/girls, people that embrace a social categorization and actually do everything possible to become a clone of that category (see, scene kids, emo, or any other social group where there are actual dress/personality/etc. rules to feel like you belong to it).

Favorite anime: Mushishi, Bleach, Eva, Escaflowne, Lovely Complex, Gurren Lagaan, Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion, The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the first 1/2 of Death Note, Ergo Proxy (I love philosophy).

Favorite Manga (Light novels):Really haven't had much time to read manga, so far behind on Anime, and I prefer that format.

Favorite Books:No Logo - Naomi Klein; Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond; Song of Fire and Ice series - George R.R. Martin; Breaking the Spell - Daniel C. Dennet; Artificial White Man - Stanley Crouch; Choke - Chuck Palahniuk; The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri; Class Matters - The NYT; Pale Fire - Vladimir Nabokov; Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro; Waiting - Ha Jin; The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoevsky; Anything written by H.P. Lovecraft, Orson Scott Card or Edgar Allen Poe.

Favorite game: System Shock 1, Xenogears, Soul Calibur, 9 Dragons.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Fight Club, Graveyard of Fireflies, Princess Bride, City of Lost Children, Matrix, LoTR, My Fair Lady, Neverending Story, Ong Bak, The Seven Samurai, The Apu trilogy, Motorcycle Diaries, Magnolia, American Pyscho, Moulin Rouge, Ran, Ikiru, The Hidden Fortress, Big Trouble in Little China, Mahanagar, Mother, Lameric, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Tokyo Story, Ugetsu Monogatari, Tombstone, A Clockwork Orange, Wild Reeds, Falling Down.

Favorite Drink: A good scotch like Caol Ila or Laphroaig.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: White tea (Bai Hao Yinzhen)

Favorite Foods: Unagi, Hamachi, and beef ribs are probably my favorite foods.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Ebay, espn.com, penny arcade, random wiki sites.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football and UFC.

Favorite Sport (to play):Football, Aikido, Basketball.

Favorite Music: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Ben Folds, Vienna Teng, Mr.Children, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Chihiro Onitsuka, Bebel Gilberto, Beck, Black Flag, Jacky Cheung, The Partisans, Damien Rice, Deserts Chang, Bach, Hayden, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, Tool, APC, Toto Bona Lokua, Teresa Teng, Soil, Utada Hikaru, Vicci Martinez, Loituma, Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Loveholic, Yui.

Job: Recently quit my job in Marketing in order to pursue writing.

Hobbies: Watching Anime, playing video games, playing football with friends, Aikido, watching my friends different bands, writing, trying to learn to make sushi.

Favorite Quotes: "Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion" - Hegel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cake&Ale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
So well, let me introduce myself.

Name: Cake&Ale, or just Cake whatever you prefer.

Sex: Male.

Blood Type: No clue, seriously.

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: Dutch.

Religion: Atheist at heart.

Pets: A dog who lives at my fathers house.

Drink/Smoke: Never smoked, but on occasions I drink.

Reading, Webcomics, Anime, Manga and Gaming.

Dislikes: Irritating Dutch voice-overs.

Favorite anime: Gravitation, Loveless, Naruto, Death Note, Dragonball Z. (Note. I'm not gay)

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Trinity Blood.

Favorite Books: Mostly dutch books.

Favorite game: Zelda-series, SSX-series, Fable, GuildWars, Rainbow Six-series and Jam Sessions.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Heroes, South Park, Requiem for a dream, The office, Family Guy, The simpsons, Friends and everything that is random.

Favorite Drink: I don't know the name in English, and far too lazy too google it.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coca Cola Vanille, too bad they're not selling it anymore. And Ice tea, also regular tea.

Favorite Foods: Noodles! (And a lot more)

Favorite Sites: I have my own site, though it's not used in a year I'm still paying for the domain.

Favorite Sport (to watch): I don't like watching sports.

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball. (Only at school in PE classes though)

Favorite Music: Random songs, from random
(unknown/known) artists. At the moment I really like acoustic songs.

Job: I'm only 15, so I have a paper round (which I'm going to quit) and I work at the local supermarket.

Hobbies: Look at my likes.

Fun facts about Cake&Ale:
Once had a suicidal mouse.
Can't take emo-crap.
Interested in the weirdest things.
Divoreced parents, which both found new partners through the internet.
Is very untidy.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jeremy, but you can call me FFG

Sex: Male.

Blood Type: O Negative

Marital Status: Engaged.

Ethnicity: Half Mexican, half Eurotrash

Religion: Christian.

Pets: A dog who lives at my mom’s house. A beagle named Rocky.

Drink/Smoke: I don’t smoke (I love my lungs). I do drink on occasion with friends.

Likes: Reading Japanese history, reading in general, writing, playing video games (RPGs are my fave), watching anime, being with my fiancée, going on hikes, etc.

Dislikes: Elitists of any kind, people who talk before thinking about what they’re saying and people who think that they have a thorough understanding of Japanese culture and history simply because they watch anime.

Favorite anime: One Piece, Gurren Lagaan, Mushishi, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, .Hack//Sign, many many others.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): One Piece, Battle Angel Alita (Last Order and Original), Claymore, Bleach

Favorite Books: Les Miserables, anything by Philip Roth or Cormac McCarthy (I loved The Road), The Faerie Queen and others.

Favorite game: World of Warcrack…er Craft. Disgaea, FFXII, Burnout series, Kingdom Hearts series and others.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Gladiator, Mad About You, Monk, Grey’s Anatomy, Fearless, anything by Hayao Miyazaki or Makoto Shinkai.

Favorite Drink: Hmm…screwdrivers. (Orange Juice+Vodka)

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mr. Pibb

Favorite Foods: Lasagna, Takoyaki, Mashed potatoes and other stuff.

Favorite Sites: ANN, Binary Culture (though it’s in a bit of a hiatus), Gaia, 4Chan (/m/ and /a/, with random trips to /b/) and whatever else I hit up while surfing.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Ultimate Frisbee

Favorite Music: Instrumental/Classical pieces. Techno and opera also does it for me. I love J-pop and J-rock as well.

Job: I’m a Resident Assistant (RA) at my college: UC Santa Cruz. It’s fun.

Hobbies: Covered in my “likes” section

Fun facts about Jeremy/FFG:
Is the oldest of 10
Is currently studying Japanese and is going to Japan for 8 weeks next summer for an intensive language program.
Can do a great Mickey Mouse impersonation
Has been playing video games since he was 2 (or 20 years)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by ikillchicken on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quote
@ Ikillchicken: Yes you do seem like a very angry person, but you forgot to mention one thing in your Dislikes list: Badgers. I'm sure you very much dislike badgers.
Edit: Wink

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:05 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Blood Type: Lets go with B. Seriously, How do some of you guys know this?

Three words: Blood. Type. Tests.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
larinon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
@ Ikillchicken: Yes you do seem like a very angry person, but you forgot to mention one thing in your Dislikes list: Badgers. I'm sure you very much dislike badgers.

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers.

Lots of people with long lists of dislikes it seems. I don't know that I have a lot of dislikes myself, though I guess there are a number of annoyances I have to deal with. It helps keep my life in balance I guess. Though I also suppose I was able to sum up many of my dislikes into one category.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 33 of 233