• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Just some manga questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bearbles2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:40 am Reply with quote
What’s the most precious manga that you own and what’s a manga that you’re never going to sell?

Which manga is really high on your to buy list rn?

Is there a manga that is oop that you really want?

Do you guys sometimes sell manga that you don’t want to collect anymore? Even when you haven’t read it yet? Or do you still keep the manga, even when you know you’re never going to read it (again) just for collecting purposes?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:50 am Reply with quote
bearbles2 wrote:
Quote:
What’s the most precious manga that you own and what’s a manga that you’re never going to sell?

I couldn't possibly narrow the list down to a single title. There are probably a dozen or more titles that fit this criteria

Quote:
Which manga is really high on your to buy list rn?

Anything in the current solicitations that looks interesting.

Quote:
Is there a manga that is oop that you really want?

No. When I started collecting I made a point of picking up anything in the back issue bin that looked interesting.

Quote:
Do you guys sometimes sell manga that you don’t want to collect anymore? Even when you haven’t read it yet? Or do you still keep the manga, even when you know you’re never going to read it (again) just for collecting purposes?

Not currently. There is no market for used manga locally and I'm not interested in selling on line.
CliffSaos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:24 am Reply with quote
bearbles2 wrote:

Do you guys sometimes sell manga that you don’t want to collect anymore?

I just put on trash the bad mangas (Video Girl AI, Slam Dunk, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note) or leave them in public benches for others to pick (Card Captor Sakura, Saint Seiya).

bearbles2 wrote:

what’s a manga that you’re never going to sell?

None.

I mean, the first mangas that I bought was in the year 2000. Two decades later, not only my tastes changed, but I changed two.

I really liked Rurouni Kenshin back then, but before 2010 I took the whole series in the trash.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1