• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Villainess: Reloaded! ~Blowing Away Bad Ends with Modern Weapons~

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Really don't know what to say about this one. Going to have to read volume 1 of the light novel again.

The story starts out much like a direct copy of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!. I mean the falling down, restoration of memories from her past life, and all the mental talking heads.

So its Astrid, instead of Katarina. Astrid is also a bit younger when she regained her memories than Katarina. Astrid also discovers that she is the Villainess of the game she used to play, who only has bad ends. So you can easily see, this immediately starts out like My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

But it quite soon jumps the tracks on that path, to go its own way. A very Full Metal path at that. Astrid decides she is going to get a massive jump start on her magic, and start making modern weaponry using magic. As the title blatantly states, Astrid is going to kill dead all her bad ends with guns, napalm, and explosives.

I really wonder if Astrid is even going to meet the love interests and the protangist before she destroys the world.

I have always liked the girls with guns genre, so it is in my sweet spot.

Even with the light hearted tone so far, even with the bandits, there are some indications of darkness to come. spoiler[ Like using blood magic to make alterations in her brain, so she won't get PTSD from using modern weapons to protect herself and her family.]

The manga skipped a certain scene from the beginning of the light novel. I don't know if that scene is a accurate future or a 'red herring', but if it is true, THERE WILL BE WAR.
MidnightShinx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:50 am Reply with quote
I was confused when I read the first chapter because it starts out just like all routes lead to doom, but it got on it's own path and is actually pretty good. I'm reading it on mangajar bc all the other sites are blocked by my dad Anime hyper. I also like the girls with guns genre. I wonder what will come first, the war or the love interests? since it's different than all routes lead to doom, I wonder how the love interest interactions will go, will she be caught up in her guns or will she get a reverese-harem like in all routes lead to doom? I guess it's also possible she falls in love.
I like this manga so far and I hope it doesn't go in a bad direction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1