• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN News Coverage

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evan77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:04 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
evan77 wrote:

So now tell me why ANN doesn't report this news?
evan77 wrote:
Also one of the most important news related to the anime industry is the news of the seasonal sales chart of BD/DVD anime in Japan that ANN does not report this kind of news and I have to use Japanese news sites
ANN is better off reporting Weekly Oricon Manga Sales in Japan and BD/DVD in Japan instead of rape news that has nothing to do with anime and manga.
Personally, this kind of news is much more important and interesting for me, but ANN still does not report the news of BD/DVD seasonal sales and Weekly Oricon Manga Sales.
Isn't this kind of news related to anime and manga?

This is definitely off-topic for this article. The forum to discuss what ANN should and should not cover is not the individual articles' threads, but here:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

No, it's not out of the topic
My question is why ANN reports rape news and people like you say it's related to anime and manga, but why does ANN not report weekly manga and BD/DVD sales?
This is completely related to the topic and I have not received an answer yet
evan77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:17 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
evan77 wrote:

So now tell me why ANN doesn't report this news?
evan77 wrote:
Also one of the most important news related to the anime industry is the news of the seasonal sales chart of BD/DVD anime in Japan that ANN does not report this kind of news and I have to use Japanese news sites
ANN is better off reporting Weekly Oricon Manga Sales in Japan and BD/DVD in Japan instead of rape news that has nothing to do with anime and manga.
Personally, this kind of news is much more important and interesting for me, but ANN still does not report the news of BD/DVD seasonal sales and Weekly Oricon Manga Sales.

This is definitely off-topic for this article. The forum to discuss what ANN should and should not cover is not the individual articles' threads, but here:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=50

I see
I just ask a question and ANN deletes it for no reason Because there is no answer for it
Well it does not matter
It is as if censorship and the removal of content and the desire to control people are ingrained in the bone marrow of the West
This has never happened to me on a Japanese website
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 am Reply with quote
evan77 wrote:

ANN used to have BD/DVD disc and manga sales rankings every week. Here check it out:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-06/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-july-29-august-4

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-27/japanese-comic-ranking-november-18-24

Egan Loo even did it. But probably due to waning viewer interest --particularly with disc sales being less important nowadays compared to the past (when people used to debate about the so-called "Manabi Line")-- they stopped doing it

Also realize you're not gonna get everything that's important and interesting to you. No news covers everything - that's why we visit multiple places, for example with gaming news. Although you can always make suggestions by emailing the staff
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 am Reply with quote
evan77 wrote:

No, it's not out of the topic
My question is why ANN reports rape news and people like you say it's related to anime and manga, but why does ANN not report weekly manga and BD/DVD sales?
This is completely related to the topic and I have not received an answer yet

No Evan77 it was off-topic. Our "Talkback" threads are for responses to the articles themselves.

You wanted to ask why we don't have "ANN not report weekly manga and BD/DVD sales" and that had nothing to do with "Photographer Arrested in Japan for Allegedly Drugging, Assaulting 6 Cosplayers."

As Egan pointed out, there is a forum for this, all you had to do was go to the proper forum and ask the question. We're pretty strict around here about keeping discussions on topic.

First of all, you may not feel that discussions about photographers assaulting cosplayers is not important, but not only do our staff disagree with you, but so do the 76,000 people who read that article. There will always be articles on ANN that you aren't interested it; if we only wrote articles that were of interest to 100% of our readers, we wouldn't write any articles at all. Please keep in mind that we write about the community (and cosplayers are part of the community) as well as the industry. In fact there's been a some people recommending that we focus more on community and less on industry (but that won't happen).

Now, on to the more important (IMHO) question. Where are the DVD / BD rankings. Those articles were pretty time consuming for our team to put together and they weren't read by that many people, but we are aware that there are a lot of people asking for them back. Right now our newsteam simply doesn't have the time to do those particular articles, but we're working on something to bring them back later this year (finally!). Hopefully they will be popular.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:42 am Reply with quote
evan77 wrote:

I just ask a question and ANN deletes it for no reason Because there is no answer for it
Well it does not matter
It is as if censorship and the removal of content and the desire to control people are ingrained in the bone marrow of the West
This has never happened to me on a Japanese website

As I said, your question wasn't answered because it was off-topic. Our staff was gracious enough to point you in the proper direction where you could discuss the topic you wanted to discuss.

Off-topic discussions are against our rules here.

If you continued to argue the off-topic content, your post would have been deleted by a moderator.

I wouldn't really call that "censorship."

-t
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

Now, on to the more important (IMHO) question. Where are the DVD / BD rankings. Those articles were pretty time consuming for our team to put together and they weren't read by that many people, but we are aware that there are a lot of people asking for them back. Right now our newsteam simply doesn't have the time to do those particular articles, but we're working on something to bring them back later this year (finally!). Hopefully they will be popular.

-t

I don't know if this is on- or off-topic here, but I heard the DVD and BD sales are getting less and less important with the increasing importance of streaming for revenue, especially with streaming on foreign markets being far more lucrative than it used to be. DVD is apparently no longer the main measure of the financial success or popularity, so it would make sense less people care about it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Heck, even SomeAniThing is gone, and they were the ones that tracked everything

https://someanithing.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210830010206/https://www.someanithing.com/table-of-contents
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:27 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Heck, even SomeAniThing is gone, and they were the ones that tracked everything

https://someanithing.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210830010206/https://www.someanithing.com/table-of-contents

While something let the site go, they are still updating a spreadsheet with the data: https://twitter.com/somekindofthing/status/1494794859835707393
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1