• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Issues with releases containing the ISBN-13 979 prefix.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:39 am Reply with quote
A few manga publishers are now beginning to sometimes use the 979 prefix instead of 978. This has presented a few issues from what I've noticed. Here's the releases so far in the encyclopedia containing the prefix that I know of.

release#46964
release#46450
release#46915

Releases containing the 979 prefix have to be manually added by an encyclopedia editor such as myself every single time, and only Barnes & Noble links will ever find the ISBN when attempting to add through the wizard (before telling you that ISBN isn't recognized and to report it in the forums). The system is also not breaking down the ISBN to show the company prefix and product ID like it does with other releases when you hover your mouse showing what each section of the ISBN means. The system will need to be tweaked to properly recognize these releases so they can be added by regular users through the wizard in the future, instead of manually by an encyclopedia editor every single time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1