• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can ANN stop bad actors from messing up casting pages ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Simple question didn't know where to put it but it seems like feedback to me.

I just find it baffling how users that continually mess up casting pages are allowed to keep posting. Like can there not be a strike system or some sort of why of removing there fact entries other than hoping an editor might bother to look.

For example a prime case is this user here: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/error-report.php?code=AV-737381137

They continually spams pages with there thoughts and refuses to remove the listings despite numerous people saying there 'ear's' arent a source etc just completely making shit up. Tones of fake entries where added just today by that user to the casting page from cast to crew anime#25070

They have done this numerous times and are for some reason just allowed to continue, should there not be a strike system or a flag if a certain entry gets X amount of reports etc?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:53 pm Reply with quote
There's two elements to this.

1: Reporting the bad actor. Best done in the encyclopedia forum. Our volunteer editors can ban them permanently. I've temporarily banned them from making further additions and marked all their submissions improbable. We'll verify their past submissions and either give them a warning, or ban them permanently.

2: Suggesting ANN improve the system. Best done here. I'll make sure Dan42 (The encyc's developper) sees this post.
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:24 am Reply with quote
Thanks for taking measures. Didn't know there was an encyclopedia forum will use that in the future for highlighting these issues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1