• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Add Crunchyroll Store and BuyAnime for retailers under releases.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:43 am Reply with quote
With the news that the Right Stuf Anime store will be no more, and everything will move to the Crunchyroll Store, it's time that for releases that they be added to the retailers list (currently just Right Stuf Anime, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and DVD Empire (home video scraper only), random example with all filled out). I don't know how difficult it would be to setup a scraper for them, but it's something that will need to be looked at in the very near future.

Additionally, I recommend adding BuyAnime to the retailers list, the storefront that took over Right Stuf Anime's 18+ items that were removed due to the Crunchyroll purchase. This should be easier as the current code is very similar to Right Stuf Anime. They have been expanding their non-adult offerings, and are looking to do it even more soon.

Gerald_AWO wrote:
So if anyone is pissed by this news like...well everyone is, you might be interested in knowing that @BuyAnimeStore, while heavily leaning towards adult content has a wide variety of non-adult stuff too, merchandise, lots of manga, etc.

https://twitter.com/Gerald_AWO/status/1705273216929874185

BuyAnime wrote:
Thank you for the shout-out! Our goal for the future is to further expand on our non-adult product categories so we can serve as a one-stop-shop for fans of adult goods, non-adult goods, or for those who like both!

https://twitter.com/BuyAnimeStore/status/1705276868977623102

BuyAnime wrote:
Megazone23pt2 wrote:
If you can stock Discotek releases and have them at comparable pricing to what right stuf had I'd be very happy.

https://twitter.com/Megazone23pt2/status/1705302296169504872

We plan to, yes! Right now it's a matter of logistics but we definitely are aiming to carry their products in the near future.

https://twitter.com/BuyAnimeStore/status/1705316649619148988

They also received a shoutout in the newest This Week in Anime article.

animenewsnetwork.com/this-week-in-anime/2023-09-26/.202812
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:59 am Reply with quote
How exactly does a store earn their place at the bottom of each title? And it doesn't seem like these links that become outdated (and most are) ever get removed or updated.

But it will be nice to see BuyAnime on the release info for more titles.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Links have gotten removed in the past, mainly if the retailer is removed from the list. There used to be AnimeNation and Anime Castle links, and Rakuten (formerly Buy.com) was the most recent get removed.

It's been a long time since anything was added to the list. The most recent change was when they had to overhaul the RightStuf scraper when RightStuf drastically changed their site in 2015.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:20 am Reply with quote
I've thought this in the past. Given the problems the scraper has caused in the past and the somewhat transient nature of prices, shouldn't this feature be removed entirely? We are still trying to list prices for sets that have been out of print for a decade.

Perhaps we could substitute a list of acknowledged retailers and let everyone do their own price comparisons. Put a link to the retailers list where the prices are now.
BuyAnimeBossLady

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your support. We truly appreciate it. We are adding thousands of products a week. We hope we can be everyone's favorite place for all of their manga, anime, figures, and more! You can call us anytime if you have any questions or concerns. Call us to tell us what you want us to carry next. We are a family business and your input is important to us.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1