• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll becoming a major profit center for Sony.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Goldman Sachs last year estimated Crunchyroll will account for 36% of all profit in the Sony Pictures Entertainment segment, encompassing the conglomerate’s film and TV content businesses, by 2028.

Pretty remarkable considering some of the other entities in this segment are Hollywood studios like Columbia.

https://variety.com/2024/streaming/news/crunchyroll-anime-streamer-president-rahul-purini-strictly-business-1235917086/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Very interesting, yuna49, thanks for posting that. Crunchy has certainly established itself as the main go to site for anime streaming. It snags the vast majority of new titles coming out each season and - especially with the addition of Funimation's titles - has a massive library to boot. Hard to imagine any other streamer even getting close to its reach.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1