• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
I posted this question in the retail section, but I figure I'll try asking again here...

A quick question for those who own the standard edition of the Violet Evergarden Complete Series on blu-ray.

For reference, this link:
https://www.amazon.ca/Violet-Evergarden-Complete-Taichi-Ishidata/dp/B08JF5DJLT/

Does this blu-ray collection include the OVA special - "Surely, Someday, You Will Understand Love" (The one about the opera singer) along with the standard 13 episodes?

No.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Thank you. That's disappointing to know...

There was some confusion where some people who bought the Limited Edition with the Art Book etc. and said that edition contained the OVA, and some suggested that this set was probably the same set of discs but without the physical extras. But I wasn't sure.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
No.

An Update:

I looked up some reviews on Amazon, and one U.S. reviewer with pictures, and numerous Japanese customers too mentioned that this set contained the OVA.

I ordered the set, and I can confirm that - YES - this blu-ray set has all 13 episodes AND the Episode 14 OVA.

Product descriptions everywhere fail to mention this, and I believe it is something worth knowing.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question.
Rodimus_2316

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I'm remembering more of the anime movie I was looking for: It's from the late 80's or early 90's, I'm pretty sure. It starts out with a young man and his father, living on a farm on another planet. They have an around-human-sized robot with two wheels instead of legs. They get attacked by one or more alien ships, and have to leave the planet. They go somewhere down a (metal?) hallway, and it breaks to left and right. The shot is above, with the one hallway going down the screen (and diagonal too), with the two other hallways going different ways, which are to two different spacecrafts. The son goes down the hallway going our left, and the father goes to our right. The robot is with them. He starts going to the left, changes his mind, and goes right with the father instead. They're in their ships. The father gets the enemy ships'/ship's attention and is destroyed to help his son get away on his ship, leaving the son to grieve heavily as he gets away.

There's a part later where his passing through a 3D maze, with a 3D grey-spiked ball chasing him.

That's all I remember. Anyone know what it is?
shosakukan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:36 am Reply with quote
Rodimus_2316 wrote:
Ok, I'm remembering more of the anime movie I was looking for: It's from the late 80's or early 90's, I'm pretty sure. It starts out with a young man and his father, living on a farm on another planet. They have an around-human-sized robot with two wheels instead of legs. They get attacked by one or more alien ships, and have to leave the planet. They go somewhere down a (metal?) hallway, and it breaks to left and right. The shot is above, with the one hallway going down the screen (and diagonal too), with the two other hallways going different ways, which are to two different spacecrafts. The son goes down the hallway going our left, and the father goes to our right. The robot is with them. He starts going to the left, changes his mind, and goes right with the father instead. They're in their ships. The father gets the enemy ships'/ship's attention and is destroyed to help his son get away on his ship, leaving the son to grieve heavily as he gets away.

There's a part later where his passing through a 3D maze, with a 3D grey-spiked ball chasing him.

That's all I remember. Anyone know what it is?

That is the 'Lensman: Secret of the Lens' anime film (released in 1984).
Rodimus_2316

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:11 pm Reply with quote
shosakukan wrote:
That is the 'Lensman: Secret of the Lens' anime film (released in 1984).

That was it! Thank you!! Smile
AsleepBySunset

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:35 pm Reply with quote
What's the obsession in the western anime community, particularly database websites with spelling anime titles like they're stylised, for example, nobody in the west calls friends "F•R•I•E•N•D•S", yet people insist on calling Anne Happy "Anne Happy♪".
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:26 pm Reply with quote
AsleepBySunset wrote:
What's the obsession in the western anime community, particularly database websites with spelling anime titles like they're stylised, for example, nobody in the west calls friends "F•R•I•E•N•D•S", yet people insist on calling Anne Happy "Anne Happy♪".

In some cases it is mandatory, such as including the tent in "Yuru CampΔ".
Itachi__Uchiha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I once watched an anime where a girl was able to use her blood as a weapon, she was with a square and glasses, I think. I can't remember what it's called, please help
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:57 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like Beyond the Boundary There is a TV series, an ONA and a couple of movies. See the Encyclopedia here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 569 of 569