• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koterrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
2) When more ladies make interesting posts and 3) When more people posts pictures.

Oh ok Smile I have pics and ladies Smile
Koter and teh ladies
Stoned Koter
Pedaling Koter
Scary short-haired Koter
Stealing Koter
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quote
Oh I see we gots ourselves a pimp here with koter. oh snap yo, holla! Laughing Now the question is are the ladies related to you and thus obligated to pose with you or not lol? Koter stealing btw looks like Koter trying to climb a wall like spiderman heh.

And a nice big welcome to Mippa. Seems we have a celebrity in our midst heh. You get bonus points for enjoying fishing and also watching Dexter. Use those bonus awesome points wisely. Wink
Skylark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
wanderlustking wrote:
I'm a loud and obnoxious, drinking, smoking, fighting, U.S. Marine.

I like PT (physical training), camping, reading, writing, anime y manga (duh), video games, movies, music (jazz, ska, and punk mostly), and cooking.

If there are any other military types out there, give me a holler (even if your an army brat;).

Only just caught this; I might be the only other guy here that actually knows what PT is without the subtext. I'm a reservist for the Australian Defence Force, infantry corps, 9RQR A coy. Whole bunch of my battalion just went over to Timor. My section was involved in an exercise (Talisman Sabre) with a whole bunch of Marines that came over to Shoalwater Bay a couple of years back; it was a pretty huge ex. Were you on that?

See we do read them, sausage fest or no Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crimson Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote
new TO the site, but not to anime Shocked HELLO
yuriart10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Hello! I'm Yuri from Singapore. Now I'm studying in US. I'm 21 year old. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks!
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Hi all! Here a brief introduction of me.

Sex: Female
Ethnicity: Dutch
Religion: None, I'm not an absolute atheist, but I do not have an opinion whether God exists or not.

Drink/Smoke: I don't drink/smoke
Likes: Having fun with my friends (playing games, shopping, watching movies etc), anime, nice weather, holidays, sleeping, drawing when college gets boring
Dislikes: Frozen feet in the winter, bitter food
Favorite non-Alcoholic drink: Tea, I'm just that interesting Wink
Favorite Foods: Anything that can be put in an oven that isn't fast food, cookies

Favorite anime: Where to start? To name a few: FMAB, Azumanga Daioh, Durarara!, Naruto, Toradora, Nodame Cantabile
Favorite Sport (to play): I like to swim, not professionally
Favorite Music: Mostly what's popular
Job: I've got a parttime job, because I'm still studying >> Med school

Fun facts about A Mystery:
Err... ehm... eh...

Motto: Keep smiling!

Hope it's a bit interesting to read, even though I couldn't come up with any fun facts Wink
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
I haven't done one of these before because... I'm lazy.

Name: Taylor
Sex: Female
Blood Type: Geez, you know... I feel bad but I have no idea. I've gotta get a blood test soon so I'll ask the doctors to tell me then I guess.
Location: The most exciting place in the entire world... SUBURBAN MASSACHUSETTS! WOOO!!
Ethnicity: Caucasian; mostly Hungarian with some Italian mixed in there I think
Religion: Atheist
Pets: My dog recently passed away. Sad No other pets to speak of.
Drink/Smoke: At my age it's not really worth it to drink unless you want to get completely wasted, but I've kind of got a lot to lose so I just stay away

Likes: Being surprised by the great quality of a CD/movie/anime/book
Dislikes: People canceling last minute; that feeling like you're forgetting something

Favorite anime: Noein, Kaiba, Sasameki Koto are my top three, followed by stuff like Toradora!, Midori Days, Paranoia Agent, with such guilty pleasures as Mitsudomoe, Kampfer,
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Fullmetal Alchemist? I don't read that much manga anymore because I'm a poor high school student; I almost forgot but Solanin is incredible and everyone should read it
Favorite Books: Let the Right One In, Lord of the Flies
Favorite game: I'm gonna have to go with Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door. I can't even count the number of times I've played that game. Zelda: Wind Waker comes in at a close second.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Shows: Fringe, House, The Middle. Movies: Silence of the Lambs, Up in the Air, Donnie Darko.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Just a cool glass of ice tea, particularly while I'm outside during summer reading or something
Favorite Foods: Thai food and anything that is cheesy and/or bland; I have little to no tolerance for spicy food. Peppermint ice cream all the way. Generally tofu also, but my friends make fun of me for that...
Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, theneedledrop.com, ...Facebook.com
Favorite Sport (to watch): I really like watching baseball and basketball, but all my friends like watching hockey so I've acquired a like for that one.
Favorite Sport (to play): Do impromptu kickball games with friends count?
Favorite Music: Whatever sounds nice; right now I'm listening to The Books - The Way Out, and No Age - Everything in Between. Gonna get Women - Public Strain sooner or later.

Job: I'm workin' on it.

Fun facts about LeanGreen:
    I remember watching the 4Kids version of One Piece on Cartoon Network and thinking "Cool!"
    None of my friends like anime/manga and most of them are jocks... I have no idea what we talk about or how we get along but we do
    I'm actually really smart and usually get nearly straight A's on my report cards... Not that that is an accurate measure of intelligence or anything
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'm working on my job too!
I'd aim for studies and then self-employment if I were you. No matter how far you climb in your corporation there's always someone above ya. Argh. Or just do like Mr Nice, that's another option.

Quote:
I remember watching the 4Kids version of One Piece on Cartoon Network and thinking "Cool!"

Did you happen to sing the opening?
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:

I'm working on my job too!
I'd aim for studies and then self-employment if I were you. No matter how far you climb in your corporation there's always someone above ya. Argh. Or just do like Mr Nice, that's another option.

Right now I really have no idea what I want to do. So I work my butt off in all my classes so I have every option available to me. Pretty great, huh?

Quote:
Quote:

Did you happen to sing the opening?

I memorized the words and posted them on my Neopets profile page, of course.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
LeanGreen, I'm curious about something. You're 16 and jobless, how do you get all your anime? I don't mean to pry and you can shake a stick at me if you want, but it just sticks out.

Also, egoist, EVERYBODY can sing the One Piece Rap. Seriously, who doesn't know it? It's liking asking if someone knows the words to the first Pokemon Theme Song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Name: Daniel
Sex: Male
Blood Type: O+, last time I gave blood was in collge and I almost passed out so I've never given it again.
Ethnicity: 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Slovak, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Dutch, 1/8 French, 1/8 German
Religion: Christian
Pets: A miniature pinscher named Buster and a half-min-pin half-chihuahua named Pepper. They are both barking right now as my wife and daughter are coming home from soccor practice.
Drink/Smoke: Smoke -- never. Drink -- buzzing now -- I just finished six shots of liquer. I had my 24-year old daughter deliver the last three to me. My wife has no idea.
Dislikes: I hate driving.
Favorite anime: Clannad, Kanon, Naruto, Bleach.
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Bakuman, Fairy Tale.
Favorite Books: Gosh, there are so many....
Favorite game: Warcraft III but I'm hating Blizzard right now.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Shows: Babylon 5, Start Trek TNG.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water.
Favorite Foods: I'm both cheap and easy as far as food is concerned, but lately the local Indian place has been getting my business.
Favorite Sites: Hotmail, Facebook, etc..
Favorite Sport (to watch): Not a sports fan but have recently adopted the NY Jets as my "favorite team".
Favorite Sport (to play): None. I have a black belt (sifu) in Chang Chuan King Fu, but I have not practiced in almost 20-years.
Favorite Music: Kalafina, Maaya Sakamoto, Cusco, Queen, Jethro Tull.
e Books - None, but I'm hoping for a Kindle for my 49th birthday.
Job: ASP .NET Web Developer (C#)
Fun facts: I have four children aged 12 to 24. I've been married 27 years. My wife has zero interest in Anime, Manga, Sci-Fi, etc. I'm currently being told I need to drive my 12-year old daughter to school tomorrow because my wife blah, blah, blah I tuned her out after "can you drive Bekah to school tomorrow? Yes I can...."
I have a son who is a US Marine undergoing language training in Monterey, CA.
I was a USAF Officer from 1984 to 1992. It was a huge waste ot time.
I have a MS in Electrical Engineering. That and $3 will get me a decent coffee from Dunkin' Donuts.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
EVERYBODY can sing the One Piece Rap. Seriously, who doesn't know it? It's liking asking if someone knows the words to the first Pokemon Theme Song.
I realize that I'm revealing a reactionary prejudice here, but I can't help it.....

MEMORIZING THE POKEMAN THEME SONG IS NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT!!!

I'm sorry, but I just had to get that off of my chest.....
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Also, egoist, EVERYBODY can sing the One Piece Rap. Seriously, who doesn't know it? It's liking asking if someone knows the words to the first Pokemon Theme Song.

I don't know it because I didn't watch One Piece when it was on TV. I do have the Sailor Moon English theme song stuck in my head, but I can thank JesuOtaku for that on the other site she does reviews for.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
I realize that I'm revealing a reactionary prejudice here, but I can't help it.....

MEMORIZING THE POKEMAN THEME SONG IS NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT!!!

I'm sorry, but I just had to get that off of my chest.....

BULLSNARKIES! I am very proud to not only know the FIRST theme song, but I can do all 13 + Cardcaptors + Digimon Adventure + Sailor Moon + One Piece and all of those add up to equal My Childhood.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
LeanGreen, I'm curious about something. You're 16 and jobless, how do you get all your anime? I don't mean to pry and you can shake a stick at me if you want, but it just sticks out.

Well, I have a pretty steady tutoring + babysitting gig but I don't really count that as a job since the mom could just up and decide to stop calling me or something. So I'm looking for a job at a supermarket or something. Also, Crunchyroll and Funimation.com are wonderful sources of streaming. And I will admit to the occasional fansub, but once it gets licensed I will almost definitely buy the DVDs. For example, Taisho Baseball Girls is something I watched fansubbed and will 100% buy when it comes out.

I also mow a lot more lawns than you would think.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 114 of 233